BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

10 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

That would make really good business sense to start banning folk because they want a refund.. Why pay for product that doesn't return value for money. Why are Wednesday any different. Everyone to their own. Im a season ticket holder and to be honest I don't blame anyone for asking for a refund. Maybe the management might take note how serious the fan base is when voting with their feet. Compared to other clubs we are playing at showing our displeasure of whats happeniong at S6.

In that case everyone would just ask for a refund every season.  Does make you wonder what the terms and conditions are for getting a refund at present.  

I'm a season ticket and in my opinion any one asking for a refund is not a real fan you buy the ticket with no guarantee of  success or entertainment but if you feel that way then go for it.  Its a free country.  

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

He's obviously not receiving or listening to any PR advice.

A good New Years Message; with a few choice announcements on quick wins was required.

It could have been produced by a good PR person in an hour.

Instead more antagonism from DC.

This is probably the most pertinent point on here, DC seriously needs to get a UK PR person on board ASAP, not being racist but it’s clear we need to manage DC’s good intentions and the understanding in Sheffield..

That said, some on here are too pig sh1 t thick to want to understand any of his intentions..

1 minute ago, Bukta said:

I really think you are over analysing this. If you publish this info it's almost like you are encouraging and inviting people to take   you up on the offer which of course the club does not want. 

They have advertised it on the website the day after our worst home performance in some time and the strange appointment of the CEO. What more encouragement do people need. 

It didn't need to be done, if he wanted to do this, sort the handful that have made genuine requests out in private.

The tone is all wrong in that statement.

If you are going to do something like this think it has to more conciliatory. Along lines of 'We are sorry but understand that some supporters are dissapointed by the season and aknowledge that mistakes have been made even if these were made in good faith at the time. As a gesture of goodwill the club wishes to refund any supporter for the rest of this season and hope one day we will be able to welcome you back to Hillsborough'

Rather than 'Its my way or the highway'

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I really think you are over analysing this. If you publish this info it's almost like you are encouraging and inviting people to take   you up on the offer which of course the club does not want. 

Not publishing it isn't the best PR move either though.

Its not as if they haven't had time since the rant/statement to prepare something better than a couple of lines.

Bizarre move if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

People saying "he's only keeping to his word" and he's "fronting up to the moaners" etc... While this all may be true, he's keeping to the promise he made in a late night online rant FFS.

Just like everything that's going on behind the scenes at the moment, that rant and now it's repercussions have come about through a lack of composure, reason and patience, all things we need to see in the man running our football club.

This sets a dangerous precedent and will alienate fans more than it pleases them.

Given OT debates everything I don't recall any posts saying folk were going about demanding refunds. First most on here knew about it was the Chairman's comments. So made an issue out of something that was no issue 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

What if a few mates and I email him asking for a start up front next week in the Derby. Do you think he'll put out a communication saying get your requests in by Friday and we'll have a squad number ready if you meet a certain criteria...?

With the current starting 11 it would probably improve things on the pitch so I'm all for it lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How many people are you ranting at?

Our fanbase is incredible, huge and loyal

If one or two want their refunds let them have them

But let's not start having mad rants at the entire fanbase

And more importantly look at how this whole thing is going to look as our club publishes this on our official website

Alright , fair one Neil , I accept and sincerely hope it’s only a tiny percentage 

and I’ll re-direct my post in there direction 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They have advertised it on the website the day after our worst home performance in some time and the strange appointment of the CEO. What more encouragement do people need. 

It didn't need to be done, if he wanted to do this, sort the handful that have made genuine requests out in private.

Bang on the money

How funny would it be if EVERYONE took up the offer

2 minutes ago, Greeton said:

This is about right, will probably also stipulate not being able to buy one next season etc.

Should have been done offline to ensure the reputation of the club, this does all seem a little odd on behalf of the chairman.

Again, this is why DC should have got a PR relation manager in, maybe he’s hoping the new chief exec will do it for him...

but I seriously hope not...

People have slagged him off and asked for a refund. He is now giving people the option. I honestly think he is just trying different things to show he’s a nice guy. Problem is he is nice, he just doesn’t have experience of running a football club, he has now brought someone in to help. Her background may be mixed to say the least but he’s trying. Maybe he doesn’t get all decisions right. But compared to previous owners I think he will get it right in the long term. We are Wednesday and aren’t going away. We have time to get it right. Let’s just keep giving feedback and over time we will get there. It’s not about getting knocked down, but about how you get back up or something. Burton was a dark Day. But not our darkest and we will get back to the PL someday. Come on Wednesday! 

P.s fed up of the doom and gloom posts! Derby in 10 days! Pull off a result like we did at villa or forest and the mood will lighten. WAWAW!

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans grumble

Some post on social media that they want a refund on their season tickets (they don't - it's just a football fans way of expressing their feelings when frustrated and feeling like there's not much else they can do other than protest/riot which they're choosing not to do)

Instead of calming the situation and coming up with positives at the club to turn the ship around the captains on board decide instead to go full speed towards the iceberg

It's not good this

I think DC might actually be trying to be nice and this is nothing more than fans asking for a refund and getting one. 

He might not understand the concept of a hollow request or didn’t think these requests were in fact hollow.

Point is I don’t believe we’ll come to the correct conclusion looking too far into it

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Not publishing it isn't the best PR move either though.

Its not as if they haven't had time since the rant/statement to prepare something better than a couple of lines.

Bizarre move if you ask me.

Wonder if all future late night announcements are going to be of similar 'ilk' moving forward

Mr Chanrisi / New CEO - If you're reading this then please understand that fans dont' want this. We want a club where everyone pulls together but with things running successfully, smoothly and without antagonism from any 'side'

Owlstalk Shop

So many things are wrong with this, first of all people contacting DC for a refund and then DC allowing it to happen.

Its just an all round bad feeling here at the moment, total lightyears away from that unity day out at wembley.

I fear where we are going.