BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Fans grumble

Some post on social media that they want a refund on their season tickets (they don't - it's just a football fans way of expressing their feelings when frustrated and feeling like there's not much else they can do other than protest/riot which they're choosing not to do)

Instead of calming the situation and coming up with positives at the club to turn the ship around the captains on board decide instead to go full speed towards the iceberg

It's not good this

I hate the club...I hate carlos...I hate the chairman for what he's doing to the club...I hate the kit...I hate the prices... I'm not making this up this is what has been posted ON HERE...never mind what the rabid twatter oik's have posted.

DC If you are so unhappy contact me and I'll give you your money back...

Boooo  nasty chairman lol 

• Thanks 1

Not that I want anyone to take up the offer generally, but if people do want to accept it then fair enough. Those calling other fans out for wanting to, and saying it would be 'pathetic' and stuff need to take a step back. If someone wants to apply for a refund now that one has been offered they should be free to do as they choose.

The secret terms are ridiculous and this is another screw-up communication that should never have gone out in this form. By not saying up front what they are it sounds like a threat. Ands lets face it, as soon as anyone who is applying for a refund gets told the terms they'l just tell all their mates anyway, which will backfire brutally on the club if they are particularly bad/restrictive.

Just publish the info up front or don't bother. All this secret-squirrel stuff is bizarre and questionable, and makes the club and its communications look utterly stupid and amateurish. If it's nothing too bad, they'd have just published it up front, surely - so it sounds like it will be some form of ridiculous 'punishment', which is a bizarre concept in itself if you think about it.

For anyone wanting to apply for a refund, feel free if that is what you choose to do and ignore the naysayers and name-callers. That said, if they ask you to agree to something or sign something read it fully and think about it fully before doing so. Remember, our new CEO comes from Charlton who tried to get some season ticket holders to sign an agreement to not criticise the club on social media before they could buy their ticket at one point fairly recently...

...Oh, and when you find out then tell us what the stupid 'conditions' are (I'm sure we'll find out anyway).

Edited by DeeJayOne

3 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

I did wonder if the new CEOs Legal background might be used to fight off transfer embargoes and guid is through FFP. 

Actually, it seems her skills will be utilised to take on the fan base in one form or another. 

Or Doyen or whatever they’re called..

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I hate the club...I hate carlos...I hate the chairman for what he's doing to the club...I hate the kit...I hate the prices... I'm not making this up this is what has been posted ON HERE...never mind what the rabid twatter oik's have posted.

DC If you are so unhappy contact me and I'll give you your money back...

Boooo  nasty chairman lol 

I was waiting for you to show up. 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Why oh why are we not pulling together now when we have a possible embarrasment just a week or so away ?

Or is that really why so many are acting like fannies on here cos they can’t face the stick ?

Trust me, we will prevail !

The captain steers the ship. The captain has has had a stinker of a couple of days. Hardly surprising his passengers are wondering what the hell is going. The buck starts and stops with him.

So naive of him him untrue. I'm gobsmacked I really am. Never in a million would Milan have done something as idiotic as this

2 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

And that's the thing, everyone has their opinion. Can't help but feel this is an attempt to split a fanbase that is starting to become restless 

I honestly think this is an attempt to appease a fan base that is becoming restless, I suspect DC now realises he left it too late with Carlos but he can’t turn back time, give him a break FFS..

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

That would make really good business sense to start banning folk because they want a refund.. Why pay for product that doesn't return value for money. Why are Wednesday any different. Everyone to their own. Im a season ticket holder and to be honest I don't blame anyone for asking for a refund. Maybe the management might take note how serious the fan base is when voting with their feet. Compared to other clubs we are playing at showing our displeasure of whats happeniong at S6.

The statement stipulates conditions but these are not advertised, it wouldn't surprise me if taking up the offer meant you couldn't return for a while.

Nothing good can come of this. If bizarrely there were a few more than I expect taking up this offer then the owner could well use this as a tool to say if the supporters aren't willing to commit time and money then why should he and use it as an excuse to pull away from the club. Some may see this as a good thing in the long run but until someone else willing to invest is found we would be up the creek.

6 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Used to respect you and your thinking but now you seem to have lost touch with reality IMHO...

My thinking is unchanged. I was wary of Chansiri from Day 1 and still am but I’ve never called anyone a clapper and think people’s views should be respected even if I think they are wrong. I neg rather than call names. 

A long time ago I called @SiJ a rude name but that was a rare occurrence and I don’t do that anymore and don’t like fellow fans being insulted. 

I also don’t like talk of agendas, traitors and snowflakes. 

But who cares really? 

Edited by rickygoo

17 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

lol

Fans ask for refunds, they get it...but people moan that he’s offered it. Bizarre. 

Oh no, we must not criticise the fan base though. The fans are brilliant (they’re so brilliant they ask for ST refunds then go on a rant about how we’re not just customers) 

Good post - there is lots I'm not happy with in regards to the club at the moment but sometimes DC must feel like he cannot win whatever he does.

The more I read this, the more I take it in , I think it’s the saddest thing I’ve ever read as a Sheffield Wednesday supporter 

I always thought I was part of a Wednesday family, I never ever thought I’d see a time when our own fans are asking for season ticket refunds

Fanbase needs to stick together, we claim this is ‘our’ club !  The majority are angry raging mad that we’ve got a new CEO who called fans ‘customers’ and now a percentage are acting like customers in a crap restaurant asking for there money back because there steak was a bit tough 

honestly, never thought I’d see the day , get ur refunds ... crack on , but when the goodtimes are here again (and they will be) I 100% hope you aren’t entitled to any discount period, priority points , or any other benefit that will get you a ticket

what an AWESOME way to encourage Mr Chansiri or any other potential future investor (at this rate we might need one) to plough more money into ‘our’ club 

pathetic