BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Ironically by publicising it you create more oppotunists

I agree,  i think whats happened is someone has mentioned it, he;s got all offended by it and backed himself into a corner by mentioning it at the fans forum, he does need people to do this job for him, i feel for the guy, he cant win no matter what he does, hence why he needs people to work under him to do these jobs

He's not thick skinned enough, takes things to heart, doesn't make him a bad man, quite the opposite IMO

Edited by steveger

Just now, steveger said:

That should apply universally, not just to the clubs owner

I agree but the boss has to rise above it. In my day job things do go wrong. There are days when I would love to fire off an email and vent my spleen. You have to sit back and count to 10. I know as I made major errors going gung ho due to inexperience and lived to regret it

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Getting tired of your digs now mate

Pack in

People don't log onto a football site to read your whinging and digs at the site

I’m sorry and I really am backing off now but where have I had a dig at this site ( sorry if I have sounded offensive, I’ve genuinely not meant to)...

But I honestly thought we were allowed to have a comment on other posters positions, even yours.

Again, I honestly apologies if this is not the case.. 

G’night..

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's what most of the people having a pop at the Chairman are worried about...well fuckthe blades and the horse they rode in on...who gives a flying what the scrubbers think. In the end he offered the chance for people who were unhappy with the club to get a refund on their season tickets for the rest of the season...if people hadn't have asked it he wouldn't have offered.

It won't just be them laughing. No club has ever done this to anyone's knowledge in such a public way. The day after we appoint a CEO to help run the club we come out with this.

He should have addressed the people that asked for it directly, not the fan base as a whole.

Happy 150th, what will go wrong next?

Not In a million years is chansiri driving me out , I'm very very worried whats happening and whats going to happen , a few wks ago I said we was in a relegation fight most laughed it off , I wish I put a load of money on at 100-1 what you could have got a month ago , I'd have used the winnings to buy him out and spend it on our league 1 stint next season , I've been warning everyone for some time that this wont end well , if we go down there wont be a club , how can club pay 25 million in wages in league 1? He will let us go bust instead of selling us , he wont sell any of our players so can you imagine what he will ask for club? 100 million? Who is going to pay that? And take on a 25 million wage bill?, do the fa give a rats arse about all our clubs been sold down river ? We all need to stick together , somehow I dont know how we need our club back .

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Oh come off it..

Seriously. I have seen criticism on here and people questioning his competence but doesn't strike me as abuse. Would the mods allow abuse?  I haven't heard any in the ground at all. Do you mean on Twatter which is something I don't look at when it comes to Wednesday because it's too random?

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I’m sorry and I really am backing off now but where have I had a dig at this site ( sorry if I have sounded offensive, I’ve genuinely not meant to)...

But I honestly thought we were allowed to have a comment on other posters positions, even yours.

Again, I honestly apologies if this is not the case.. 

G’night..

No worries

I am totally open to criticism but let's do it in the right section and not slap bang in the middle of football threads mate

Just trying to keep topics on topic

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Or maybe he’s realised after 2 fantastic seasons, as soon as the performances on the pitch drop off our fans can turn very sour very quickly. 

IMO he has followed through with this because of the abuse directed at him, which is embarrassing from the fans to say the least. 

Jesus Christ, he's not cut out for football then. He needs someone in his ear to tell him this is the nature of the beast. It's not unique to Wednesday, it happens at every single football club in the country.

Abuse was not widespread, it was minimal. This whole abuse thing is a smokescreen. You get the odd idiot. But, CRITICISM IS NOT ABUSE. Remember that. 

Unfortunately a lot of football owners are like this. They don't quite understand what they're getting into and sooner or later they get bored and move on. Look at other clubs. Hull, Blackburn, Forest, Cardiff, Charlton- doesn't end well.

52 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Assume it will be money back on the games that you’ve not attended yet?

It wont be that or that would have been stated.

i reckon it’s a refund with a financial penalty imposed.

So instead of receiving a 50% refund, it is likely to be a 25% refund.

Might even include a membership card to be used for discounts on individual matches.

Doubt DC would announce a scheme where he could lose significant finances.

Edited by sheffsteel
Additional info

5 minutes ago, southportdc said:

How dare he offer something that is offered on pretty much all other products anyway. 

If every club offered money back because the season wasn't panning out as expected there wouldn't be too many football clubs left before long.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Jesus Christ, he's not cut out for football then. He needs someone in his ear to tell him this is the nature of the beast. It's not unique to Wednesday, it happens at every single football club in the country.

Abuse was not widespread, it was minimal. This whole abuse thing is a smokescreen. You get the odd idiot. But, CRITICISM IS NOT ABUSE. Remember that. 

Unfortunately a lot of football owners are like this. They don't quite understand what they're getting into and sooner or later they get bored and move on. Look at other clubs. Hull, Blackburn, Forest, Cardiff, Charlton- doesn't end well.

I remember the last non-football man who was chairman of SWFC

Look how that ended up

Owlstalk Shop