BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

Passive aggressive.

i don’t agree with refunds. I don’t agree with offering them in public on club website. I don’t agree with these mysterious conditions, if you are going to do it, just tell us the bloody conditions and we will make our own mind up.

Anyone seen the warnings yet from Charlton fans who have had to go to pick up their season tickets in person and we’re required to sign away their rights to criticise the club in exchange for them?

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Not publishing it isn't the best PR move either though.

Its not as if they haven't had time since the rant/statement to prepare something better than a couple of lines.

Bizarre move if you ask me.

Personally I would be spending all my time trying to find the right coach to take us forwards and spend as little amount of time as possible sorting this mess out. In fact I would probably put a few words out on the website telling people to email the ticket office for further details about the refund. My intentions would be good though without any ulterior motifs in my mind.:stuwinky:

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could this week seriously have been any worse?

Yesterday's combined events made it the most demoralising day for our club since pre-Milan in my opinion. I woke up hoping that it was just me being a bit melodramatic and now this! 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Any business would try and keep it's 'customers'

A moan isn't a reason to boot them out, it's a reason to listen and learn and improve

But the important thing here is he isn’t booting them out, he’s not only letting them out of their contract (they paid upfront for a discount) but he’s also offering them a refund FFS...

How that refund will pan out we’ll have to wait and see but in fairness when he offered this option we weren’t 6 points off relegation, now is a totally different matter..

Many are just whinging now cos of the position we’re in, it’s just short term ballax that you seem to be happy to fuel..

Show some responsibility and direction, you’re just like the rest of the club...

lol

• Thanks 1

Have people genuinely been asking for a refund or have they just ranted things in anger like ‘disgusting this we should get our money back’ or ‘should be refunded for this sh***e’?

Genuine question, I don’t know that I’ve seen anyone actually genuinely complain about wanting an actual refund. Was a bizzare move in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Driven off by a bit of criticism on here? He’s a big tough bloke running multi-million pound businesses. He’ll be tougher than that surely. 

Ive taken some reight slatings and I’ve devoted 50 years of mainly disappointment and heartache to Wednesday. It hasn’t driven me off. 

Forget the fact he’s a multi millionaire or whatever, why should he receive personal abuse for trying to run our football club?

He’s moved half way round the world, spent a huge amount of money yet in return has been treated absolutely appallingly by a hell of a lot of our fans due to the results the season. 

For some it’s never enough. 

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

it’s just short term ballax that you seem to be happy to fuel..

Show some responsibility and direction, you’re just like the rest of the club...

Here's an idea

Stop trolling me or moaning about the site in football threads

That way the mod team wont' have to spend their time dealing with it

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

I think DC might actually be trying to be nice and this is nothing more than fans asking for a refund and getting one. 

He might not understand the concept of a hollow request or didn’t think these requests were in fact hollow.

Point is I don’t believe we’ll come to the correct conclusion looking too far into it

Disagree. I might be wrong but if he's doing it with good intentions the tone of the statement would be completely different. 

It comes across as if he's putting himself out by doing it. 

I think it is immature and childish. I might be completely wrong but that how it seems to me. He's sticking to his poorly thought out statement, which is worrying. 

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Have people genuinely been asking for a refund or have they just ranted things in anger like ‘disgusting this we should get our money back’ or ‘should be refunded for this sh***e’?

Genuine question, I don’t know that I’ve seen anyone actually genuinely complain about wanting an actual refund. Was a bizzare move in my eyes.

It's pure frustration 

There's nothing in it in reality

It's like fans have just got to the point where it's either storm the club carpark calling for someone's head or they just let off a frustrated rant about refunding their season ticket etc

Instead of publishing a plan of how as a club we can turn our season around, or who the new manager is, or what the new CEO's roles and responsibilities are etc etc etc we get this on the official website

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

They haven't.

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Forget the fact he’s a multi millionaire or whatever, why should he receive personal abuse for trying to run our football club?

He’s moved half way round the world, spent a huge amount of money yet in return has been treated absolutely appallingly by a hell of a lot of our fans due to the results the season. 

For some it’s never enough. 

A lot of this anger has been of his own making. Skyrocket the prices of everything then tell them that they are paying for greatness, what do you think is gonna happen when greatness doesn’t come?

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree. I might be wrong but if he's doing it with good intentions the tone of the statement would be completely different. 

It comes across as if he's putting himself out by doing it. 

I think it is immature and childish. I might be completely wrong but that how it seems to me. He's sticking to his poorly thought out statement, which is worrying. 

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. 

People complain saying they want refunds, Chansiri offers them the refunds and now they’re getting up in arms about it. 

I mean come on, seriously? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's pure frustration 

There's nothing in it in reality

It's like fans have just got to the point where it's either storm the club carpark calling for someone's head or they just let off a frustrated rant about refunding their season ticket etc

Instead of publishing a plan of how as a club we can turn our season around, or who the new manager is, or what the new CEO's roles and responsibilities are etc etc etc we get this on the official website

Thats what I thought, just sounded like hot air. Like when someone misses a sitter and you say to your mate that your nan could have scored it.