Adam Clayton

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Would be delighted with him. Good player and isn't afraid to put his foot in. Something, other than Hutch, our players haven't done in a long time. 

just hope Boro will accept a bag of buttons for him as we dont have a pot to pee in

I'm not disagreeing with you as I have no idea about our finances, but what makes you say we don't have a pot to wee wee in?

I can make assumptions etc. However I was surprised we signed Van Aken especially for his alleged fee. 

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

I'm not disagreeing with you as I have no idea about our finances, but what makes you say we don't have a pot to wee wee in?

I can make assumptions etc. However I was surprised we signed Van Aken especially for his alleged fee. 

Merely assuming mate. The Chairman keeps saying we're running very close to FFP which makes me think that funds are extremely limited. 

10 minutes ago, sam1 said:

Apparently we are monitoring Adam Clayton's situation. Hopefully rubbish, unless we are getting rid of some of the dead wood in central midfield.

Are Boro struggling with FFP too and need us to given them another £5m for a vastly over rated player again like we did with Rhodes and Reach.

How about instead we get Ben Marshall a good quality right winger in on loan, Then make a bid for Cunningham at Preston to sort the left back issues out then we speak with Man City and see if they will loan us Zinchenko to sort the issues with creating chances with midfield.

Get rid of Abdi and mtias who never play, add to that Kean below under 20 keeper in the pecking order, offload the useless Nuihu and Jones and we can more than pay for the above.  

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Merely assuming mate. The Chairman keeps saying we're running very close to FFP which makes me think that funds are extremely limited. 

Fair dos if you were assuming, I'd also assume similar. However I have a hint of optimism we will have a few quid mainly based on the ambitious nature of some of the managerial links.

Either we will have some money and there's a tiny chance we could lure a high profile coach, or the chairman is genuinely delusional thinking he can bring in a big name and offer peanuts to work with.

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Fair dos if you were assuming, I'd also assume similar. However I have a hint of optimism we will have a few quid mainly based on the ambitious nature of some of the managerial links.

Either we will have some money and there's a tiny chance we could lure a high profile coach, or the chairman is genuinely delusional thinking he can bring in a big name and offer peanuts to work with.

Makes you think doesn't it :tango:

Chansiri loves U2 by all accounts.

His personal favourites are Stuck in a moment you can’t get out of and Running to stand still.

Someone ought to tell him that despite her charm, his newly appointed Chief Executive is, according to the Charlton fans far from being the sweetest thing.

The benefit of having Adam Clayton around would be a huge boost though if Ms Meire doesn’t live up to Mr Chansiri’s expectations, the aforementioned Clayton would certainly have his work cut out doing both David Jones’ running but also assisting Chansiri on how best to dismantle an atomic bomb.

Any more performances like yesterday and Hillsborough will be eerily quiet, every rattle and hum will be heard as far as far off places with streets that don’t even have names.

I’ll leave it there as I don’t want to appear as being so cruel...

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

Apparently we are monitoring Adam Clayton's situation. Hopefully rubbish, unless we are getting rid of some of the dead wood in central midfield.

I know we like to sign old midfielders , but Clayton must be nigh on 60 now .