One thing the last 2 games have proved

We've heard it many many times this season that the reason United are doing well is because they have a manager in charge who 'brings the passion'. Chris Wilder is a blade, he loves his club and the this is reflected by his players on the field on match day.

Well, for the past two games (I'm not ignoring the excellent display at Forest) we've had a die-hard Wednesday man in the dugout in Lee Bullen who is hugely passionate about this club and what we have witnessed are arguably the worst 2 performances from any Wednesday side in years. 

Lets please dispel this myth that its 'passion' we are lacking from the manager. Chris Wilder doesn't have his team 6th in table through passion. He has his team 6th through organisation, leadership, tactical awareness, fitness and attitude. Passion is a bonus and respect is earned by providing the qualities I just mentioned. Like it or not, hes a damn good manager and that's what we need. We need that far more than a man who has SWFC in his blood. 

I often praise Chris Wilder and I know that can cause issues for some on here, but all I am doing is putting the rivalry and emotion out of the equation and looking at it how it is. You have to respect any manager who has Leon Clarke top of the Championship scoring table (FFS).

We just need to get this next manager here as soon as we can - it doesn't matter who they are and what their background with Wednesday is. They just need to be up for the job.

7 minutes ago, poite said:

We've heard it many many times this season that the reason United are doing well is because they have a manager in charge who 'brings the passion'. Chris Wilder is a blade, he loves his club and the this is reflected by his players on the field on match day.

Well, for the past two games (I'm not ignoring the excellent display at Forest) we've had a die-hard Wednesday man in the dugout in Lee Bullen who is hugely passionate about this club and what we have witnessed are arguably the worst 2 performances from any Wednesday side in years. 

Lets please dispel this myth that its 'passion' we are lacking from the manager. Chris Wilder doesn't have his team 6th in table through passion. He has his team 6th through organisation, leadership, tactical awareness, fitness and attitude. Passion is a bonus and respect is earned by providing the qualities I just mentioned. Like it or not, hes a damn good manager and that's what we need. We need that far more than a man who has SWFC in his blood. 

I often praise Chris Wilder and I know that can cause issues for some on here, but all I am doing is putting the rivalry and emotion out of the equation and looking at it how it is. You have to respect any manager who has Leon Clarke top of the Championship scoring table (FFS).

We just need to get this next manager here as soon as we can - it doesn't matter who they are and what their background with Wednesday is. They just need to be up for the job.

No Wilder is a Blade with passion like Colin, but he has managerial experience of working in the lower league, Bullen when he finish playing became an Estate Agent he has no coaching experience or managerial experience which makes his appointment even more bizarre when we have Thompson who is doing wonders with the under 23's and for me he should have stepped up to look after the team in a caretaker mold - we might then have also got a few of the youngsters given a chance because Pudil at center back I would have rather played with 10 men.

Can't agree more, I'm similarly pragmatic and can detached when needed from the emotional side of things. 

The main thing for me in the here and now is to get an interim appointment in until we can find the new man to take us forward and as you say bully is full of passion and love for this our club, but has held his hand up and basically yesterday said he's out of his depth. 

Carlos has taken half our coaching staff with him too, which is also not going to help bully's cause. So we need to get someone in emediatly who knows what they're doing just until find who we need to take the reigns, dosent need to be a Fergusen, just somone with management experience thats unemployed and can step in and hold things together till we do make the new appointment, becouse as it is now an inexperienced assistant with no real managerial credentials low on staff, players with no fight,, leadership or direction could implode and tail spin into relation and a good manager isn't going to want to touch us if we're almost certainly going down, which IS not beyond the realms of possibility as Bolton, Burton and Sunderland have started picking points up as we have floundered. Get meggo in, Worthington, Lambert as long as they have plenty of managerial experience in football, even the Shezza waddle partnership idea  has more experience in management than bully to buy us some time and hopefully stop the free fall and then get that new man at the helm otherwise this could have disasterous consequences.