Opportunity No.4

It's the fourth transfer window since we lost to Hull at Wembley. Will this be the window where we finally answer the problems that were evident and not addressed after that game? Such as the need for a strong commanding centre half, the domineering physical box to box central midfielder and the pacy winger. These were the minimum required then. We can also add to that list improving the full back positions. Coupled with our current injury crisis I would have thought that new recruits were currently in the medical waiting room soon to be unveiled. Yes I know we dont have a manager which is why we need to be sorting things out immediately as we are a rudderless ship. The next couple of weeks will be very interesting.

I cant see us shipping anyone out and don't think we can buy anyone so it looks like loans is our best option and more often than not loan deals are usually done at the end of the window as clubs hang on to see if they can sell the player in question .......not a good situation to be in . 

Moving players out is the key

Not sure there will be a huge clamour to stay at the club from the players but getting anyone to take them is another matter as theyre on big contracts, seemingly could be fitter, and part of a team with the worst form in the division

If we can't clear any out then we couldn't possibly take a load of fresh players in could we?

It'd be financial madness

The new CEO has her work cut out from day one

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I cant see us shipping anyone out and don't think we can buy anyone so it looks like loans is our best option and more often than not loan deals are usually done at the end of the window as clubs hang on to see if they can sell the player in question .......not a good situation to be in . 

I agree to a degree though maybe if we can look to get a promising young player with pace on loan from one of the prem teams they'll maybe let us have him early so he start playing games.

I do see us selling players if we get good offers and despite Bannan saying he does genuinely have an injury I'd be surprised if other championship clubs weren't  considering a bid. I would've previously said Chansiri sees certain players as ingrained in 'the Wednesday family' and they won't be sold but after his CEO appointment I see things being a bit more ruthless. 

Edited by ReginaldD

I’m not well up on who’s contracts are up but there must be a few that are due to leave at the end of this season, or the end of next. 

Also. It took us ages to get rid of McGugan because there was no incentive for him leave. We can’t let that happen again - just a drain on our cash. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Moving players out is the key

Not sure there will be a huge clamour to stay at the club from the players but getting anyone to take them is another matter as theyre on big contracts, seemingly could be fitter, and part of a team with the worst form in the division

If we can't clear any out then we couldn't possibly take a load of fresh players in could we?

It'd be financial madness

It will take some clever footwork to get this right. Nobody will take the injured players off us, so that only leaves those currently standing and they are needed. We are down to the bare bones of a squad right now.

Ones I’d happily see shut of 

Westwood -always injured and wildsmith looks to be claiming the 1 spot as his own . Big earner too

loovens - painful how bad he’s become 

pudil - had it 

fletcher - stupid signing 40k for this old crock 

abdi - shocking singing , another never fit 

Hutchinson - never fit 

matias - never worked out 

jones - makes Nuihu look like bolt 

Wallace - wouldn’t get in most league 2 sides 

butterfield - what clown swapped winnall for him 

Fox - not a championship player 

forestieri - bad egg 

last chance saloon for lee and his injuries as well ...

doesnt really leave much left 

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m not well up on who’s contracts are up but there must be a few that are due to leave at the end of this season, or the end of next. 

Also. It took us ages to get rid of McGugan because there was no incentive for him leave. We can’t let that happen again - just a drain on our cash. 

Maybe thats one area the new CEO will be addressing with her back ground in law. How to get out of these contracts.  Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For a 33 year old lawyer who spent the last 4 years running Charlton into the ground and without any previous football background I'd agree

I shudder

Edited by HarrowbyOwl