Reach and Wildsmith

Amongst what was a very miserable day at the office. I think some credit is due to the above. 

Reach kept trying to create things, granted it wasn’t coming off, but even at 2-0 he kept making the runs and at least creating options. Always looks like a player that at least cares and wants to be on the pitch. (Yes I know he bottles his challenges quite a bit, but apart from that, I applaud his effort) 

Wildsmith, made a penalty save after Butterfields comedy act, and I honestly thought that would send the team into a spark of life. Couldn’t do anything about any of the goals, was massively let down by what was in front of him today. 

All in all, a horrific day today, normally stay till the final wistle, but left after the third. Not a happy clapper, because it’s glaringly obvious we’ve got problems at the moment, but it’s nice to at least see a a glimmer of positivity, even in the smallest of portions.  

Totally agree thought big Dave was positive as ever when he came on those 3 only ones that deserve any credit from that game. Not understanding the love for Wallace on some threads thought he was terrible full back had the measure of him and didn’t notice him on the pitch second half.

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Agree.

Bit of credit to Joao as well. At least tried to make things happen, did pretty well with his back to goal and showed a few nice bits.

Pudil and Nuhiu both came on and got stuck in. At least showed they cared. 

The rest were embarrassing. Fox should never play again. He's awful.

fully agree. Fox should be never step foot on the pitch again wearing our shirt. 

Reach never stops trying. He's guilty of the odd shirk, but he never hides and his head doesn't drop. Best attitude in the team, with Atdhe and Bazza.

Wildsmith is working his arse off and improving every game. Also getting more and more vocal. Currently being let down in a way that people seem more frightened to do with Westwood. Speaks volumes about attitudes elsewhere.

Joao blows ridiculously hot and cold but you can see he's motivated by...something, at least.

Fox's confidence is shot to pieces but there IS a player in there, I'm sure. He badly needs a mentor/role model and he hasn't got one at FB here.

Very few of the others looked arsed today at all. Pudil seems to care a bit but it's like he's in the third or fourth stage of acceptance, depression or something. Painful.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Reach looked p*ssed off at the HT whistle. Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the 2 or 3 who were vocal in the dressing room after the game.

As for Wildsmith, great keeper who is wasted with that inept 'defence'.

Wildsmith has had a solid three games. Reach did naff all today,  offered nothing for me , but not completely his fault cos he played out of position too deep and central. Just no balance to the team at all today . Why abdi has not been slotted into hoopers position after the injury is beyond me . he needs match time and carnt be any worse then what we seeing at moment. 

1 hour ago, Luke_Owls said:

Totally agree thought big Dave was positive as ever when he came on those 3 only ones that deserve any credit from that game. Not understanding the love for Wallace on some threads thought he was terrible full back had the measure of him and didn’t notice him on the pitch second half.

Positive but did nowt.

1 hour ago, ItzzOwl said:

Amongst what was a very miserable day at the office. I think some credit is due to the above. 

Reach kept trying to create things, granted it wasn’t coming off, but even at 2-0 he kept making the runs and at least creating options. Always looks like a player that at least cares and wants to be on the pitch. (Yes I know he bottles his challenges quite a bit, but apart from that, I applaud his effort) 

Wildsmith, made a penalty save after Butterfields comedy act, and I honestly thought that would send the team into a spark of life. Couldn’t do anything about any of the goals, was massively let down by what was in front of him today. 

All in all, a horrific day today, normally stay till the final wistle, but left after the third. Not a happy clapper, because it’s glaringly obvious we’ve got problems at the moment, but it’s nice to at least see a a glimmer of positivity, even in the smallest of portions.  

agreed, wish more fans would take the +ve, no matter how small.Derby must have been laughing thier heads off when we swapped winnall for yacob

them 2 the only ones who should be automatic on team sheet

once again we that desperate we rushing recovery of injuries

Dear Santa where was that left back I asked for (and I've been good)

Charlton had our pants down with Fox

Definitely the only two to come out of that game with any sort of credit. Still not sure Reach is good enough on the ball to play behind the strikers. Wing Back must be he best position based on his skill set. As for Fox, don't get me started. Been a total shower nearly every time he plays. Can't run, can't tackle, gets beat every time, can't clear the ball, can't pass, not strong enough.  Apart from that hes ok :rolleyes:.

Not really that sure what formation we played yesterday. Jones and Butterfield in the same side and then trying to play Reach behind the front one as Joao was playing left wing for some reason. Was like a square pegged 4-2-3-1. 

7 hours ago, ItzzOwl said:

Wildsmith looked very steady, Reach ran around like a giddy 5 year old.

Thought Joao was excellent. 

One deal I would do this January would be to sell Westwood. As much as he has been a great keeper, something is just not right, and he's had a very average season. Wildsmith will go onto have a better career, and play more consistently at a higher level. 

Bring in an experienced, and cheaper, number 2 in the summer as backup, and send Dawson out on loan for the season. 

15 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Wildsmith is pleasing me . He should use playing in a dreadful side to his advantage , like Pickford did at Sunderland . 

Reach i I think does care , he at least gives it a go . 

Joao I think he cares , maybe who knows . 

Wallace and loovens Care, I’d say. They are just crap . 

Who out of that team yesterday doesn’t care? Who is not trying their best

I couldn’t pick one out for “not caring/trying their best”

They are just not very good 

I think Rhodes probably feels as low today as most of us, he wants the club to do well, his heart is 100% in it........sadly he is garbage!!!

Lack of Caring/passion is something that gets wheeled out when people don’t want to say or don’t understand that a footballer or in our case footballers are just plain rubbish 

48 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Definitely the only two to come out of that game with any sort of credit. Still not sure Reach is good enough on the ball to play behind the strikers. Wing Back must be he best position based on his skill set. As for Fox, don't get me started. Been a total shower nearly every time he plays. Can't run, can't tackle, gets beat every time, can't clear the ball, can't pass, not strong enough.  Apart from that hes ok :rolleyes:.

Not really that sure what formation we played yesterday. Jones and Butterfield in the same side and then trying to play Reach behind the front one as Joao was playing left wing for some reason. Was like a square pegged 4-2-3-1. 

Exactly!!!

Bullen had a complete nightmare as did the players 

7 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Fox works his socks off but is nowhere near good enough

Another in the long list of bizzare Carlos signings.

I'm starting to think there we have some sort of off the field connection/tie in with Charlton.

Too many bad deals, similar to our unofficial Watford tie in.

Edited by Mr Farrell