Sounds like...

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Carlos got nearly three years didn't he? And throughout all of that he had the patience and tolerance of the Wednesday fans

Ps - Are you suggesting the fans got Carlos sacked?

Not a specific Carlos reference, though it is relevant.

He lasted nearly 3 years, but not necessarily supported for that time.

No, I am not making any suggestions to lay blame...

Please point me in the direction of any club whose fanbase (or at least a proportion of that fanbase) don't turn on the coach or manager when results are going badly. Obviously, internet forums express extreme views but I don't think this forum is anything out of the ordinary (other than the number of members).

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Please point me in the direction of any club whose fanbase (or at least a proportion of that fanbase) don't turn on the coach or manager when results are going badly. Obviously, internet forums express extreme views but I don't think this forum is anything out of the ordinary (other than the number of members).

I was pointing out that this might be welcomed by that proportion...

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TOTALLY disagree with that

Carlos has had the most patient reaction from the fans who willed him to improve rather than call for his head

Furrymuff, but "CARLOS OUT" began a year ago and probably just because the unrealistic expectations to play like Barcelona weren't being met.

Also I read that people think he should have gone after the play off final following a cracking first season...

Just now, slinger208b said:

Furrymuff, but "CARLOS OUT" began a year ago and probably just because the unrealistic expectations to play like Barcelona weren't being met.

Also I read that people think he should have gone after the play off final following a cracking first season...

Yeah but to be fair that's only like a very tiny handful of people in reality and none of them were making any real noises other than on social media/forums/down the pub so it's nothing that could have influenced anything/anyone really.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but to be fair that's only like a very tiny handful of people in reality and none of them were making any real noises other than on social media/forums/down the pub so it's nothing that could have influenced anything/anyone really.

My point wasn't about the noise influencing anything, just that people had these feelings at such an early time and after a decent season, it's also not to have a dig at anyone who holds these opinions.

It was a tongue in cheek post to raise discussion and bring this information about the new CEO to the attention of the supporters...

Just now, slinger208b said:

My point wasn't about the noise influencing anything, just that people had these feelings at such an early time and after a decent season, it's also not to have a dig at anyone who holds these opinions.

It was a tongue in cheek post to raise discussion and bring this information about the new CEO to the attention of the supporters...

Yeah got ya mate

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

The old Barcelona gag 

Do you know one person that had those expectations?

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

The old Barcelona gag 

Do you know one person that had those expectations?

Not personally. It was speculation based on what I've read in this forum where even after good results there were negative comments about the performance...