Paul Lambert

After what I've witnessed today I'd be delighted with this.

For me, our only hope of survival is a British manager who knows the division  and who can organise and motivate us into something resembling a football team.

Another Carlos type appointment would be useless in this situation. We need a firefighter.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but would get my support. He knows the league, and that is a major plus.

He also got a team promoted from this league.

He is not a foreign unknown either.

I’d then congratulate our Chairman for listening to fans, in getting a manager with experience of the Championship, for moving away from Doyen advice, and for taking decisive action today to get our season turned around, Hopefully will allow the manager to wheel and deal in the January transfer window / offload a few overpaid primadonnas.

It’d be a start although my first choice would’ve been Ian Holloway, or Nigel Pearson.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Who would you go for mindful of the current circumstances?

Well I’d like someone like Fonseca, but probably more realistically, Karanka

Lambert would be another Jordan Rhodes style appointment A panic move for someone who has done nothing in recent times

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Wouldn’t be my first choice but would get my support. He knows the league, and that is a major plus.

I’d then congratulate our Chairman for listening to fans, in getting a manager with experience of the Championship, for moving away from Doyen advice, and for taking decisive action today to get our season turned around, Hopefully will allow the manager to wheel and deal in the January transfer window / offload a few overpaid primadonnas.

It’d be a start although my first choice would’ve been Ian Holloway, or Nigel Pearson.

Congratulate the chairman?! We’ll have no talk of that here! 

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Well, you know what happened the last time he listened to us fans

I think he is a very good manager who has knowledge of the league. Like what has been said already villa was a sinking ship and Blackburn he had no support from above. Let's hope he hits the ground running and like has been said two weeks till the first real game so he can assess and get some new players through the door