Re: that Lee Bullen post-match

1 hour ago, vulva said:

This is correct. Even the most experienced of football managers would have struggled in the situation Bullen found himself in. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights, and that interview is very painful to watch. I think Bullen is too honest to be a football manager. You need an element of bullshite about you, and the ability to lie consistently well. He just hasn't got it in him, and that is to his credit. 

That result yesterday, all things considered, was up there with the very worst in the last 20/30 years. Infact, on a relative basis, as a club we are possibly in our worse position ever. We've had worse sides, been further down the league etc. But to spend what we have, have got what we've got and be where we are, is a shambles. 

Very true, sorry to say.

A very frank and honest interview.

I too really feel for him, the point about shaking the players hands he was commenting on how good the chairman has been for this club and what he has put ino it and even shook the players hands i.e even with the recent lack of performances he still was man enough to meet the players. 

Nowt wrong with that.

Bullen seems to understand the pain we supporters are taking that's for sure

14 minutes ago, ramone said:

Just watched it. Blimey. Feel for the guy I really do. You can tell he's hurting like the rest of us. 

Awful isn’t it mate. Really upset me watching that, hence the lengthy OP. Thought I’d feel better this morning but I don’t, I’m still mad on his behalf.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Awful isn’t it mate. Really upset me watching that, hence the lengthy OP. Thought I’d feel better this morning but I don’t, I’m still mad on his behalf.

Not his fault is it. He knows he's like a fish out of water and thats not his fault one bit. He's a good bloke

What bugged me is that DC shook the hands of the players. Some suggesting this could be before game but my take on it, it was after. Clearly Bullen wanted to say something but thankfully stopped himself as I think that would have had further implications. 

its time that jones and butterfield play elsewhere and if we don't have players, bring in the youth team. At least we know we'll get a shift from them. Could we go down-absolutely and I think we will. I am flipping fuming. 

2 minutes ago, darren906 said:

What bugged me is that DC shook the hands of the players. Some suggesting this could be before game but my take on it, it was after. Clearly Bullen wanted to say something but thankfully stopped himself as I think that would have had further implications. 

its time that jones and butterfield play elsewhere and if we don't have players, bring in the youth team. At least we know we'll get a shift from them. Could we go down-absolutely and I think we will. I am flipping fuming. 

Shouldve been clearer on this in my OP - my take on it was that it was after, and it upset Bullen simply because it shows a degree of character/commitment from DC that isn’t being acknowledged, respected or repaid by the playing staff.

Just now, A12owl said:

You are absolutely 100% right Mr T.

I posted something similar (but not as eloquently) in the thread "WHY?"

Totally agree with everything you have said. Chairman shaking hands with players after that raises huge questions .

Was he saying goodbye?

Somethings going on behind the scenes. 

See reply above this one mate! I’ll go have a read of WHY? in a mo

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I don't think Mr C should have been shaking hands after the game. He should have been telling them that a performance like that was unacceptable. Gives the wrong message to the players imo.

He will be gone soon. The Ice Queen is here to broker a deal for somebody. 

Agree with first part - time will tell with second bit, hope not.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Shouldve been clearer on this in my OP - my take on it was that it was after, and it upset Bullen simply because it shows a degree of character/commitment from DC that isn’t being acknowledged, respected or repaid by the playing staff.

That's exactly how I read that particular situation. 

Lee Bullen is a Wednesday stalwart and a true reflection of the spirit that the club ought to be built upon,  I feel for the guy