Re: that Lee Bullen post-match

I some what respect Lee Bullen for that news conference. However, he did not once apologise to us, the fans, for that performance today but he did to DC. It was awful but it’s ok guys because DC shook everybodies hand after the game 

What’s that about?!

8 minutes ago, owlszone said:

I some what respect Lee Bullen for that news conference. However, he did not once apologise to us, the fans, for that performance today but he did to DC. It was awful but it’s ok guys because DC shook everybodies hand after the game 

What’s that about?!

Impression I got was that he was furious the chairman had shook the players hands after the game because they didn't deserve it one bit?

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Impression I got was that he was furious the chairman had shook the players hands after the game because they didn't deserve it one bit?

15 minutes ago, owlszone said:

What’s that about?!

I've watched it three or four times in order to be careful with my comments.  Whilst LB states that the chairman shook the hands of the players, I do not believe he categorically said this was after the game.  I think clarification of this is very clear in respect of the future direction of the club (and this is in no way a Chansiri bashing comment, rather a possible observation on what is construed as acceptable or otherwise).

If it was before the game, fair enough.  Lee Bullen was a hard working player and I imagine it would irk him that pre-game players shake the chairmans hand and then deliver an unnaceptable level of performance (in real time I believe the first goal game from Wallace, Butterfield, vernaccio and Loovens failing to make a tackle of any substance).

If it was after the game, well this is the worst case scenario as: 

a) what's the chairman even doing in the dressing room so soon after a chastening performance (the door should be locked, paint peeling off the walls for a good hour) and

b) if he is in there it should be to ball the players collectively not shake their hands

if the chairman was in the dressing room post game shaking hands, he has no clue whatsoever what the Sheffield Wednesday family stands for.  In which case, expect a fur coat no knickers type manager next.  

Either way, it's clear that a large percentage of the current squad have a very easy ride and are simply peeing up our backs. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Now, be clear, I'm not absolving ANYONE involved with that shambles today of responsibility, Bullen included - as caretaker, he has to be - but this press conference is pretty extraordinary if you see what I see:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/watch-post-match-reaction/

What do I see? I see a bloke who's so angry he's on the verge of tears - and not just about today. I've always had him pegged as a bit of a yes man, but watching that I'm no longer so sure.

He looks to me like he's biting his lip throughout, holding back on saying something he knows he mustn't say. Something about the whole regime over the past couple of years. Something about money, and privilege, and graft, and honesty, and the Sheffield Wednesday that he knows and loves. (The Wednesday of 20 years ago, during a particularly lowly spell when representing the club was a genuine blood, sweat and tears toil, and when a fairly small close-knit crew of relatively little-known footballers were tasked with trying to get us back up the table from the abject depths we'd slumped to.)

He looks absolutely fuming that today's lot just fundamentally don't get that.

Am I crazy? Reading far too much into things?

Maybe, but watching that interview back I can't shake the feeling I'm right. Especially when he says "two or three of them [TWO OR THREE?! FFS] in there stood up and were vocal, but..." ...and then he just clams up and looks as if he's trying not to go off on one, spewing expletives and naming names that have been winding him up for months. In fact, he looks a split second away from calling specific individuals out at least 3-4 times in that interview. I'm almost amazed he managed to keep it professional and clean.

"It's just wrong."

"DC came in and shook their hands, and..." *sigh*

That's not just about one terrible result, is it? It's not even just about one terrible season IMO. I've honestly never seen ANY manager, caretaker or otherwise, look so utterly appalled in a post-match interview about a club he's got a deep personal connection to.

And moreover, when he says of course he wants to be involved "on some level if he can" - yes, obviously he means if a new manager doesn't bring his own people in, but IMO there's a pretty obvious subtext there too: he'd probably love to manage Wednesday in theory, but not this group of players. In fact he'd rather walk.

What the chuffing hell has been going on, seriously?

Jesus wept, this next appointment is absolutely bloody crucial to get right.

Bloody Carlos that's whats been going on!!!!

What’s he holding back saying though? If he’s a dead man walking already why not just say what’s going on ? 

It cant go on any longer. I’m still curious as to what cc wanted to tell eveyone at the end of the season. 

Edited by Animal

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

What’s he holding back saying though? If he’s a dead man walking already why not just say what’s going on ? 

It cant go on any longer. I’m still curious as to what cc wanted to tell eveyone at the end of the season. 

In football circles, naming and shaming is not the norm

re: CC ... I guess we will never know.  id suspect he would however have apportioned blame to anybody but himself.

50 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I honestly think the Forestieri situation at Norwich last season isn’t too far from the centre of this 

something is rotting the squad from the inside it’s clear to see 

It defo went downhill from there.

Without going over old ground, the Chairman should have shipped out any player that did that.

Set the wrong example and leadership, gave players to much power.

Said it ever since. That was the rot set in without doubt. 

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Similar interpretation here, though specifically I think he was mad that this 'respect' from DC is going unrewarded. Not that DC continues to give it.

I would say Bullen really wanted the job on a permanent basis,the game resulted in him realizing he had the best shot of landing a big job and blew it nothing more or less the team let him down and he knows it probably will be out of work soon and his days at the club have come to a end 

19 minutes ago, Vancouver MASSIVE said:

I would say Bullen really wanted the job on a permanent basis,the game resulted in him realizing he had the best shot of landing a big job and blew it nothing more or less the team let him down and he knows it probably will be out of work soon and his days at the club have come to a end 

Probably an element of truth there but I didn't see it as that motivated by self-interest. It was sadder than that, somehow :sad:

Feel for him. We all know he cares about the club, but even he knows he is way out of his depth. 

Sad to hear that only 2 or 3 seemed to care. My guess would be Nuhiu, Loovens and maybe one more.

I can imagine the rest don't care. Matias looked delighted when he was laughing and joking at full time with a steward by the tunnel. That kind of typifies the players we've signed. 

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It defo went downhill from there.

Without going over old ground, the Chairman should have shipped out any player that did that.

Set the wrong example and leadership, gave players to much power.

Said it ever since. That was the rot set in without doubt. 

I don’t care what anybody says (I’ve been ripped for saying this on here before) , forestieri is scum and should have been booted out as soon as he did that against Norwich . Him and any other like him are not wanted or needed at this club.

it pains me we are paying through the nose to watch these spineless snakes steal a living . Getting rid of the worst manager in my life time was a start but that is just scratching the surface 

Carlos and his four coaches walked out Boxing Day leaving just Bullen and Andy Rhodes to cope with three games in 8 days over Xmas. 

We have 10 out injured and others playing through injuries with several disaffected scumbags having to be brought into the team who are not motivatable and just pulling in wages 

Bullens been given a complete hospital pass from our former manager.

4 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Carlos and his four coaches walked out Boxing Day leaving just Bullen and Andy Rhodes to cope with three games in 8 days over Xmas. 

We have 10 out injured and others playing through injuries with several disaffected scumbags having to be brought into the team who are not motivatable and just pulling in wages 

Bullens been given a complete hospital pass from our former manager.

This is correct. Even the most experienced of football managers would have struggled in the situation Bullen found himself in. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights, and that interview is very painful to watch. I think Bullen is too honest to be a football manager. You need an element of bullshite about you, and the ability to lie consistently well. He just hasn't got it in him, and that is to his credit. 

That result yesterday, all things considered, was up there with the very worst in the last 20/30 years. Infact, on a relative basis, as a club we are possibly in our worse position ever. We've had worse sides, been further down the league etc. But to spend what we have, have got what we've got and be where we are, is a shambles. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He seems gutted about the game and the reaction of the players (or lack of) toward him. He hasn’t had time to really coach them and he’s got a patchwork team but he’s asked them to give him their all and some of them haven’t. 

I think he knows that it could be the end of his time here, played in every position, won at Cardiff, been involved with the youth, assistant boss and now he even got to be the manager, that’s a big deal. But it won’t be a positive memory and he’s clearly devastated about that.

And that for me is what saddens me .. a legend (in my eyes) of a player that has contributed so much, to then be involved at various levels of the club from youth to assistant now to taking over from the utter mess that Carlos has his crew have left us in. It saddens me to see that the players did not fight for him and they just went in like it was another game, lose, pick up their expensive pay-checks and flip off home. flip me, i'm absolutely gutted for him ffs ..

You can tell he's absolutely devastated. Gutted about the past 2 results. He desperately wanted his stint to be positive but he's got a hell of a lot to do in such a short period. Players haven't reacted at all. Some of them should be ashamed of themselves ...

I like Bully, he's an honest man and has nothing but pride and admiration for this club. He loves SWFC. He's hurting after that really hurting and I hope to god he's given some of them shirkers, gutless and over paid prima donnas a ruddy good bollicking!

9 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I honestly think the Forestieri situation at Norwich last season isn’t too far from the centre of this 

something is rotting the squad from the inside it’s clear to see 

The signing of Fletcher on 40k a week and then DC offering silly contracts to all ... thats what started the rot if you ask me .. thats what turned us from a team fighting and grafting for each other, to a bunch of individuals all out for their own cause and wanting to bring in extra $$$$$$.