The final straw

21 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I’m wondering why nowt was said whilst the old guard stood by watching us die

You must have been living under a flipping rock whilst fans - on this site - were taken to Court. . . 

• Like 1

The appointment of Meire has really got the alarm bells ringing. 

We seem to have a very rich man who is taken in by the various parasites (incompetent ones too) who infest our game. 

How on earth anyone can look at this woman's track record and think she's the right person to run the club going forward is beyond me. 

Very worrying times. As for the call for fans to turn on Chansiri and force him out...

Just now, TaxiMark said:

I made that comment because the first thing you did was to make an absolute shittycomment to a fellow wendesday fan yet over on bladesmad I seem to remember you were up all the pigsarseholes constantly.

Whats up have they banned you?

I don't think 'flounce' is so shiiitty but, I apologised to any offence taken by Kivo, non was intended.

You seem to remember incorrectly over on Bladesmad, I had good rapport with some good lads on there but for the most part I had plenty of shall we say disagreements with the nutters, of which there are plenty....anyway, you remember what you like it's all good & no, I've never been banned from any forum.

Just now, qantas said:

I don't think 'flounce' is so shiiitty but, I apologised to any offence taken by Kivo, non was intended.

You seem to remember incorrectly over on Bladesmad, I had good rapport with some good lads on there but for the most part I had plenty of shall we say disagreements with the nutters, of which there are plenty....anyway, you remember what you like it's all good & no, I've never been banned from any forum.

What sort of self-respecting Wednesdayite posts on Pigsmad? 

2 hours ago, steveger said:

In my opinion I'm really unhappy with a huge chunk of MR C's schemes and ideas, but i still think the guy will learn from his mistakes, maybe it's just hope and desperation, the guy has put his money where his mouth is, he has spent a fortune on players, rightly or wrongly, the likes we have never seen before at our club in years, he picked the wrong head coach IMO to start with, I just don't want to see us go back to where we was a short while ago when i actually went to matches, yeah we had the odd good time but the majority was stale and depressing, i believe we have to give this woman a chance and we have to hope that someone decent is whispering in MR C's ear who to pursue as manager (not anyone from Doyen either), i still feel MR C can do this, obviously not this year (thanks Carlos), we cant afford to self destruct now and have petty fan civil wars, i feel if we drive this guy away we shall regret it big time......

Not so sure he will Steveger. There is a huge thing in the Asian psyche about "Losing Face" or in our language backing down because you are wrong. If DC has a problem with this we really are in serious trouble.

Also, could the timing of this announcement possibly have been any worse? 

By that I mean it was announced just before kick-off and given that she must have interviewed for this position a few days ago at least and that her reputation is so poor (plus Fox was at Charlton under her regime), I can't help but feel that the sudden downturn in our performance (especially after the Forest game) might be as much down to general nervousness within the playing side of the club as much as anything else (and heaven knows there are enough problems there already).

Just now, SiJ said:

What sort of self-respecting Wednesdayite posts on Pigsmad? 

If you want the answer which I suspect you really don't then search back through my content.....I ain't going through it all again as it really is pretty much irrelevant.

28 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I’m wondering why nowt was said whilst the old guard stood by watching us die

I think a good number of fans said a lot (and some got sued for their views), as well as protests, calling EGM's and standing up and being counted at AGM's. I don't think the fan base stood by watching, as you claim. Hopefully, we never have to go there again - very sad times for our club.

• Like 1

Just now, Daz said:

I think a good number of fans said a lot (and some got sued for their views), as well as protests, calling EGM's and standing up and being counted at AGM's. I don't think the fan base stood by watching, as you claim. Hopefully, we never have to go there again - very sad times for our club.

I'm very concerned currently 

It has all the taste of last time

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

I just can't get my head round how certain people with no experience what so ever of running a business can state he's effectively out of his depth at SWFC.

I just think were becoming self defeating and looking for the worse in everything and I cant get my head around it.

And what about people who do have experience of running businesses - and investigating the affairs and plans of others? 

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why would a minority bother him now? 

I fear that Ms Meire may have partly been brought in to deal with the dissenters. 

Unfortunately, I fear that Chansiri has taken the departure of Carlos (which was quite blatantly engineered by Carlos) as a personal affront from the supporters as a whole. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

To be honest, DC has only been a problem this season once performances on the pitch have declined.

I don't agree with everything DC has done and there have been some glaring errors but how many were calling for his head last year? Or the year before? 

The near-glory masked the missteps. People are now seeing the reality. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm very concerned currently 

It has all the taste of last time

Possibly Neil, but far too early to tell - and there are some big differences. First, the only serious creditor appears to be DC, so he has 2 choices, invest more to deliver a return, or try to divest but that would leave him with a huge loss. So the sensible approach would be to get better value out of the team by them performing better based on trading a few to refresh the squad.

Second, we have a much better squad than when we did back then. Not saying that selling them all would be good, but there are some players who have a value (even if less than we paid for them). It also goes to show that it's not what you pay all the time; just take a look at PNE, Brentford and our neighbors - all doing well on limited budgets. A good manager can get you very competitive on less resources. One day we will hopefully appoint the right manager who proves to deliver real value for money invested.

Thing is...

It's easy to be chairman when things are going well on the pitch. 

The real test comes when it inevitably hits the fan and the team start to underperform.  

Chansiri had a nice two years where the team and his coach delivered for the most part and nearly achieved the stated aim. 6 months into a sticky patch and it feels like everything has completely unraveled. Quite staggering. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...

It's easy to be chairman when things are going well on the pitch. 

The real test comes when it inevitably hits the fan and the team start to underperform. 

That's very true and it's clear Mr Chansiri has found it very tough

People are right to point out that as fans we suggested and wanted a strong CEO to come in and help galvanise the support and get things sorted at the club

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's very true and it's clear Mr Chansiri has found it very tough

People are right to point out that as fans we suggested and wanted a strong CEO to come in and help galvanise the support and get things sorted at the club

We wanted a strong CEO, not an incompetent one. 

He's seemingly appointed the latter.