The final straw

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We aren't the only club it's happened to.

Forest, Blackburn, Charlton, Cardiff, Hull have all had similar issues under foreign ownership. It's not just a Wednesday problem, it's a problem with football. The craving and demand for success attracts such owners who simply don't have an understanding of football. They don't understand criticism, and they struggle to take it. 

I thought Chansiri might have been different, and I turned a blind eye to it these past 12 months because we were doing good on the pitch. It has all unraveled now. 

We sold our soul to the devil. We weren't the first and we sure as hell won't be the last.

Spot on with that. 

Unfortunately when he took over my initial reaction was that of fear (probably more so to do with the unknown) which is understandably as this is my club that I care about. Secondly I felt we’d turned into everything I hate about football, which is the money side of things. Yes I know it’s not particularly just us but just look at the top of the Prem who are just buying success. Leicester being the exception when they won the league but they still had millions spent on players, managers and huge wages etc.

I didn’t want us to become one of these clubs that throw money all over the place as we have seen before and get nowhere. Just look at Derby, they’ve splashed out for years trying to get out of this league. 

In reality football has become all about money, you won’t get anywhere without it. Credit is due to Wagner and what he’s done at Huddersfield, I have more admiration for the success they are having to buying your way out of this league and trying to compete with the hundreds of millions spent in the prem. 

I think football is broken. It’s out of control. It’s full of businessmen, corruption and inflated transfer fees/wages/ticket prices/sausage rolls. My love for the game has not been the same for quite a few years. I also feel so distanced from my club, which I’m so passionate about it’s a really odd feeling.  I want my football back, 11 v 11 full of passion and desire to win. F00k the money. I want my Wednesday back. 

I would suggest the figures the chairman say he has put in include buying the club which was £30m + a new pitch and all the funds generated from fleecing us the fans which is in the region of £60-70m so in fact he has probably spent more in the region of £50m but with £200m for one season of finishing last in the premier league on offer you can see why.

The only way he departs is fans stop failing for his crap, stop paying the ticket price, don't get the season tickets in January wait until the summer when we see who signs and definitely don't buy any more of the rip off kits and merchandise. When DC see he can't milk us for anymore he will sell up and be gone.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would suggest the figures the chairman say he has put in include buying the club which was £30m + a new pitch and all the funds generated from fleecing us the fans which is in the region of £60-70m so in fact he has probably spent more in the region of £50m but with £200m for one season of finishing last in the premier league on offer you can see why.

The only way he departs is fans stop failing for his crap, stop paying the ticket price, don't get the season tickets in January wait until the summer when we see who signs and definitely don't buy any more of the rip off kits and merchandise. When DC see he can't milk us for anymore he will sell up and be gone.

We can only hope.

i am done with him

Guest Willow Owl
20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 22.05.03.jpg

That was part of my post, why not show all the original post and make a comment rather than taking a snippet and trying to make me look like an idiot. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We aren't the only club it's happened to.

Forest, Blackburn, Charlton, Cardiff, Hull have all had similar issues under foreign ownership. It's not just a Wednesday problem, it's a problem with football. The craving and demand for success attracts such owners who simply don't have an understanding of football. They don't understand criticism, and they struggle to take it. 

I thought Chansiri might have been different, and I turned a blind eye to it these past 12 months because we were doing good on the pitch. It has all unraveled now. 

We sold our soul to the devil. We weren't the first and we sure as hell won't be the last.

Brilliant post. In a nutshell this is what is rotten at the heart of English football. The question is, what can we do to save Wednesday? 

55 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

I said a few weeks back I think it's sad how these mega rich just stroll in and destroy a football club like a battered toy. The way your history has been disrespected is a complete joke. 

How has our history been abused?....by not retaining a badge that wasn't even designed for the first 100 years or nit having stripes in this years kit that weren't in our original kit either?

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Again no need for that kind of response. 

How about debating kivo's points? 

OK, fair enough, although I'm not sure what you mean by "that kind of response", it's hardly abuse is it, his post is a bit flouncy, I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, just describing how I feel about it....if that's OK.

Kivo is a sensitive type, he says as much himself and as such felt the need to post a lengthy get it off your chest response to how he sees things happening, nowt wrong with that & neither is there owt wrong with anyone responding to it, me included even if you don't like what I've said....I haven't negged him for it, his opinion & all that.

My opinion is that most of the Kivo type of response is only seen when results on the pitch are poor, we tend not see them when the team is doing well, I prefer the outlook shown in the "To Provide Some Balance" thread rather than look to every other thing possible to have a whinge about, so I'm not going to debate every point Kivo made, there would be no point as it would make no difference to Wednesday's fortunes....I want to give the future my thoughts, give whoever comes in the chance they deserve, including the new CEO....IF things turn around on the pitch as I expect them to do then we'll see a lot less of the Kivo type of posts & most of the points he makes will 'seem' irrelevant, I guess I'm more about the football than the business.

Apologies to Kivo if the "flounce" comment offended, didn't mean to.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Surely part of the buck lies with Mandaric? May be an unpopular opinion but if he knew Chansiri had no football knowledge etc did he really think the sale was in the best interests of the club? 

Anybody who is under the naive illusion that MM had our best interets at heart have a read of this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deal-Inside-World-Super-Agent/dp/1472123026

25 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

No need.

This is a football forum, made for discussion.

Just discuss, don’t patronise, don’t demand folk answer their own questions.

None of us needs to be running multi million pound businesses to know something isn’t right with our club at the moment. 

Come on then debate I'll start us off.

None of us have run a multi million pound business.

We wanted a new pitch as it was a disgrace.

We wanted investment in players.

We wanted investment in the training ground.

We wanted that shambolic scoreboard gone.

We wanted him to appoint a CEO. 

Well done DC on all the above from me(obviously people then moan it's wrong players, Wrong CEO, Seen a post previously blaming training pitches for Injury) just shows some are never happy.

What the masses didn't want -

Increase in match day prices.

Changing badge.

Moving away from full on stripes.

There's more positive than negative still imo so I'm all confused with it all.

46 minutes ago, DLEWIS5536 said:

this is my first post in over two and a half years and I have not been to a game in that time through health reasons and a rejection of ticket prices/ Our club is being mismanaged from top to bottom. The players obviously don:t care any more. They show little respect for the fans who pay the exorbitant ticket prices to watch less than mediocre football and I am glad that I chose not to indulge in this folly

With all due respect to your personal situation having not been to a game in two and a half years I'm not sure you are in a good position to judge

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

How has our history been abused?....by not retaining a badge that wasn't even designed for the first 100 years or nit having stripes in this years kit that weren't in our original kit either?

You really want to debate removal of the stripes? I think you're in a vast minority of owls if you're happy with that change. 

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just wondering how much you had found out before making your post 

LIke I say I'm not judging just interested

:rolleyes:

He probably found out as much as everyone else posting on here against her.....a few minutes browsing social media and we all know how accurate that is!

I honestly don't think things are that bad.

It's gone wrong this season but its reversible.

I don't think chansiri should or will go at the first real sign of trouble.

I'm not concerned with seeing his name everywhere. He didn't buy the club with no strings. Nobody ever does.

I don't want to be a hypocrite. I wanted Carlos to go.

I didn't type crap on Twitter or boo at games though.

I think though we have become mardy bums and it will negatively impact the team.

Don't like him, she's going to ruin us, he's not good enough for us look at his record last 5 years, whaa whaaa whaa.

We have to give these people a chance and stop going off like we are Blackburn or Blackpool or it will be a downward spiral.

Edited by Eightace

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Come on then debate I'll start us off.

None of us have run a multi million pound business.

We wanted a new pitch as it was a disgrace.

We wanted investment in players.

We wanted investment in the training ground.

We wanted that shambolic scoreboard gone.

We wanted him to appoint a CEO. 

Well done DC on all the above from me(obviously people then moan it's wrong players, Wrong CEO, Seen a post previously blaming training pitches for Injury) just shows some are never happy.

What the masses didn't want -

Increase in match day prices.

Changing badge.

Moving away from full on stripes.

There's more positive than negative still imo so I'm all confused with it all.

Re the training pitch there has been (for many years) discussion about the middlewood road training pitches, even down to the depth of them, and whether or not they contribute to inuries at the club 

The pitch and scoreboard etc are all improved greatly - although both are sound investments for anyone wanting to make money (nothing wrong with that)

Some fans aren't happy? There's not been so much as a peep from the fans until recently really mate and even then it's fair to say carlos and Mr Chansiri have enjoyed the most patient, tolerant reaction to a dreadful run of events on and off the pitch in living history.

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

You really want to debate removal of the stripes? I think you're in a vast minority of owls if you're happy with that change. 

I don't need to debate it,,,.,what I posted was a fact

I disagree with many things Kivo has posted as well as, as alluded to himself, the fact that a hidden agenda is in their.

But by far the major thing in the OP is the irony of someone coming on saying "I'm thin skinned and people critisising me upset me"  then going on a tirade of criticism of someone who has invested millions in to the club.

Chansiri may have made mistakes but anyone thinking he wants anything less than success is seriously unhinged

Guest Willow Owl
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because I was quoting a specific part of what you said that I wanted to reply to

You took a snippet and then posted the league table without a quote. Please do not try and make me look like an idiot.