The final straw

It’s all a bit dramatic.

She hasn’t even started in the job yet so let’s see what she does.

She might have learnt from her time at Charlton, she might not, but to say her appointment is the final straw is a bit OTT.

History is worrying, but it can be learnt from.

edit - two other points.

1. He has given us some of the best players many fans have ever seen

2. If anyone thinks MM is willing to get involved - or even cares - they need to give their head a wobble.

Edited by McRightSide

Guest Willow Owl

Keep going and you eventually get what you want. One question, what is the alternative. 

Remember he has invested 150 million not the fans. He only asked we contribute as fans. 

Attendances previous 2 seasons have been the highest since 90s so ticket prices did not stop people coming back.  We bought into the dream of promotion but it hasn't yet happened. Give the man a chance to sort things out. 

Reality is we are not a big club, so to have a wealthy chairman Is a blessing. You hound him out of the club and we could be in free fall. 

I really do not get all this bile directed at the chairman, but hey ho a new owner we will probably get stripes back, tickets a tenner, still not filling a delapidated run down stadium in league 2 but that will be okay for some. 

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

I just can't get my head round how certain people with no experience what so ever of running a business can state he's effectively out of his depth at SWFC.

I just think were becoming self defeating and looking for the worse in everything and I cant get my head around it.

That's fair enough but let's keep it friendly

We're all on the same side here

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

44 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Why do you have to be so aggressive and condescending?

He's clearly at odds with you and your view. But I didn't see any aggression in his post towards those that are generally supportive of the chairman

Aggression sorry petal 

Just now, McRightSide said:

It’s all a bit dramatic.

She might have learnt from her time at Charlton, she might not, but to say her appointment is the final straw is a bit OTT.

Just curious on this one (not saying you're wrong or right btw)
How much research have you done on her time at Charlton?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Excellent post kivo, nice to see back. I see the usual site bullies are out in force as well in this thread. 

Agree with everything you say. Very worrying times ahead for our club. Slowly but surely Mr Chansiri is going to kill us off. We were all convinced he wasn’t another Vincent Tan and some fans accepted the changes made and brushed them off like it didn’t matter. I’m sorry Mr Chansiri but we’re sheffield Wednesday, we play in blue and white stripes, our logo is OUR logo and is unique as the name is. 

Then he hires this woman. As you say, the last straw. He hasn’t got a scooby and the sooner he accepts the errors of his ways and changes or clears off the better

His biggest error was keeping that clown for so long......:laugh:

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

Excellent post kivo, nice to see back. I see the usual site bullies are out in force as well in this thread. 

Agree with everything you say. Very worrying times ahead for our club. Slowly but surely Mr Chansiri is going to kill us off. We were all convinced he wasn’t another Vincent Tan and some fans accepted the changes made and brushed them off like it didn’t matter. I’m sorry Mr Chansiri but we’re sheffield Wednesday, we play in blue and white stripes, our logo is OUR logo and is unique as the name is. 

Then he hires this woman. As you say, the last straw. He hasn’t got a scooby and the sooner he accepts the errors of his ways and changes or clears off the better

Did you fall over and have your brain jolt back into position or something? That was actually a quality post from you.

As for the OP I agree though I may slightly er a little on the side of him being not so nice a guy when he rocketed prices up around the ground and told us to shove it.

Obviously I'm not saying he's evil or he's Darth Vader or anything and he may well be an excellent person on a one to one basis, I'm just saying I never quite understood the reverence when he hiked the prices up everywhere and people were saying he cared and considered us family. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steveger said:

His biggest error was keeping that clown for so long......:laugh:

I would argue that his biggest mistake was letting in Doyen and all of the vultures. Coaches come and go but the effects of our recent transfer dealings are going to take a lot longer to erase. 

this is my first post in over two and a half years and I have not been to a game in that time through health reasons and a rejection of ticket prices/ Our club is being mismanaged from top to bottom. The players obviously don:t care any more. They show little respect for the fans who pay the exorbitant ticket prices to watch less than mediocre football and I am glad that I chose not to indulge in this folly

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Did you fall over and have your brain jolt back into position or something? That was actually a quality post from you.

As for the OP I agree though I may slightly er a little on the side of him being not so nice a guy when he rocketed prices up around the ground and told us to shove it.

Obviously I'm not saying he's evil or he's Darth Vader or anything and he may well be an excellent person on a one to one basis, I'm just saying I never quite understood the reverence when he hiked the prices up everywhere and people were saying he cared and considered us family. 

I’m alright really

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s all a bit dramatic.

That sounds a bit naive to me pal sorry. She's been at Charlton for what 4 years now? Only recently left and the fans there still hate her guts. Just look at the litany of transgressions they've dredged up, still loads from 2017.

It's a bit like when people say Chansiri is still learning and he'll get it right eventually. Really though? Ticket and kit prices keep going up year on year and the club shop looks like it's been declining. How long do you give a person?

Although the signs do not look good, lets all take a breath take a step back and see what the next move is or more importantly what the first move by the new CEO is. We are not gonna have to wait long i'm sure. Lets just hope its a good move for all concerned and especially our beloved club.

2 minutes ago, DLEWIS5536 said:

this is my first post in over two and a half years and I have not been to a game in that time through health reasons and a rejection of ticket prices/ Our club is being mismanaged from top to bottom. The players obviously don:t care any more. They show little respect for the fans who pay the exorbitant ticket prices to watch less than mediocre football and I am glad that I chose not to indulge in this folly

100%

They are taking the mick out of us hardworking fans with efforts like today's.

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

That sounds a bit naive to me pal sorry. She's been at Charlton for what 4 years now? Only recently left and the fans there still hate her guts. Just look at the litany of transgressions they've dredged up, still loads from 2017.

It's a bit like when people say Chansiri is still learning and he'll get it right eventually. Really though? Ticket and kit prices keep going up year on year and the club shop looks like it's been declining. How long do you give a person?

Persoanlly, I’d give them more than half a day...

6 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Although the signs do not look good, lets all take a breath take a step back and see what the next move is or more importantly what the first move by the new CEO is. We are not gonna have to wait long i'm sure. Lets just hope its a good move for all concerned and especially our beloved club.

That's the only thing we can do - but DC surely knows her media profile will cause fans serious concerns.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

Come on then genius what do you suggest we do? 

Also how does your record stand for running any business never mind a multi million pound one considering you don't think DC is fit to run SWFC?

No need.

This is a football forum, made for discussion.

Just discuss, don’t patronise, don’t demand folk answer their own questions.

None of us needs to be running multi million pound businesses to know something isn’t right with our club at the moment.