The final straw

6 hours ago, akbuk said:

Yep two good season's and one bad ,terrible ,catastrophic,world ending ,Chansiri has done nothing but good for the club and now he's a false dawn

It’s where we end up that matters. Dave Richards was a hero once - and he achieved vastly more than Chansiri has.

:stuwinky:

9 minutes ago, qantas said:

Not that brash imo, yes many fans want the stripes back but, we've had many spells of more than two years without them....I prefer stripes but I also like the current strip, wasn't too keen on last years but hey, it's not the be all & end all, I'm sure the stripes will be back.

Since 1890 we’ve had one spell of more than two years without blue and white stripes.  But hey it’s not our traditional kit.

:duntmatter:

Dejphon Chansiri won’t just walk away, he’d lose too much money.

What he could do however is think “I’ve put millions of pounds into the club out of my own pocket, I’ve been honest with the fans, I’ve done everything within my power to get this club into the Premier League and this is the thanks I get”.

He could decide to stop putting any more money into the club until he finds a buyer, he could start selling all of our best players trying to recoup his money, he certainly wouldn’t be bothered who he sold us too as long as he got his money back as he’d just be so fed up he’d just want out.

Perhaps he could sell us to Hafiz Mammadov? How would everyone feel about that?

There’s no doubting Dejphon Chansiri has made mistakes, he’d be the first to admit that but he’s backed his manager, he’s stood by him and he’s pumped millions of his own money into the club.

I wouldn’t blame him if he did want to walk away after reading some of the stuff that gets written about him on here, especially as a lot of it is just speculation and guess work, it really is. Doyen Sports for example, nobody on here knows what length their influence at the club runs to. Chansiri has told us they are one of many advisors, who are we to doubt that.

And before some of you come back and say “good I hope he goes”, just have a real think about what Dejphon Chansiri losing interest in Sheffield Wednesday would actually mean.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

What he could do however is think “I’ve put millions of pounds into the club out of my own pocket, I’ve been honest with the fans, I’ve done everything within my power to get this club into the Premier League and this is the thanks I get”.

He could decide to stop putting any more money into the club until he finds a buyer, he could start selling all of our best players trying to recoup his money, he certainly wouldn’t be bothered who he sold us too as long as he got his money back as he’d just be so fed up he’d just want out.

There’s no doubting Dejphon Chansiri has made mistakes, he’d be the first to admit that but he’s backed his manager, he’s stood by him and he’s pumped millions of his own money into the club.

I wouldn’t blame him if he did want to walk away after reading some of the stuff that gets written about him on here, especially as a lot of it is just speculation and guess work, it really is. Doyen Sports for example, nobody on here knows what length their influence at the club runs to. Chansiri has told us they are one of many advisors, who are we to doubt that.

And before some of you come back and say “good I hope he goes”, just have a real think about what Dejphon Chansiri losing interest in Sheffield Wednesday would actually mean.

Which is a great sum up of why I was very wary of his buying us for his vanity project in the first place.  

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If he is this ultra sensitive then buying a football club wasnt his greatest idea.

36 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s where we end up that matters. Dave Richards was a hero once - and he achieved vastly more than Chansiri has.

:stuwinky:

Just what do you think driving Chansiri out would achieve,the temperature needs lowering and heads calming

Guest Willow Owl
37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Top post, short memories some people. 

Or did they prefer the mid seventies with crowds of around 10 thousand with save our Owls and not a penny to spend (not).  Or the Dave Allen revolution (not)  "or nearly going into administration  (not). 

The Dave Richards era. Borrowing money getting us into massive debts then realising oh crap how do we pay for this, and jumping ship. (not). 

Be careful what you wish for. 

40 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Since 1890 we’ve had one spell of more than two years without blue and white stripes.  But hey it’s not our traditional kit.

:duntmatter:

OK, should have said two or more & it's enough to not be out of the ordinary unless you're counting those awful blue pinstripes as traditional.

Proper stripes are definitely traditional for us, all I'm saying is a change isn't that uncommon, although the only shirt I've really liked other than traditional stripes is the current/70's version.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Don’t spunk money on a bloated, unbalanced squad, boost revenue from shop and corporate areas, keep traditional stripes, don’t have a kit fiasco, don’t have rip off pricing for tickets and kits, delay the big telly if necessary. OK for starters? 

Forget it,  same old same old.  You are just criticising  things that have already happened and have been discussed numerous times without offering any alternative. 

1- Players  we could only have dreamed about prior to DC although poorly managed. 

2- Traditional stripes- Record shirt sales suggest shop revenue has increased,  so that pretty much puts that argument to bed. Even though I prefer stripes. 

3- Corporate still needs adressing but at least not losing money as before. 

3- Kit Fiasco- agree, but will not knock any attempt to save the club money. As DC says we have already planned next year's kit so mistakes have been learnt from. Also refer to answer in 2 regarding sales

4-  I have a season ticket in South and works out less than £25 per game. Even though I agree match day prices are too much there is a 10 month pay option for season tickets. You have to cater for majority of your ticket sales no matter what you believe is right.   Also last 2 seasons have shown increase in attendances the likes we haven't seen the 90's. So DC again appears to be proved right. 

5- kit prices are ridiculously over priced and can be reduced, but again revenue of shirt sales proves DC right. 

Lets agree to disagree 

OK for finishing!! 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Forget it,  same old same old.  You are just criticising  things that have already happened and have been discussed numerous times without offering any alternative. 

1- Players  we could only have dreamed about prior to DC although poorly managed. 

2- Traditional stripes- Record shirt sales suggest shop revenue has increased,  so that pretty much puts that argument to bed. Even though I prefer stripes. 

3- Kit Fiasco- agree, but will not knock any attempt to save the club money. As DC says we have already planned next year's kit so mistakes have been learnt from. Also refer to answer in 2 regarding sales

4-  I have a season ticket in South and works out less than £25 per game. Even though I agree match day prices are too much there is a 10 month pay option for season tickets. You have to cater for majority of your ticket sales no matter what you believe is right.   Also last 2 seasons have shown increase in attendances the likes we haven't seen the 90's. So DC again appears to be proved right. 

5- kit prices are ridiculously over priced and can be reduced, but again revenue of shirt sales proves DC right. 

Lets agree to disagree 

OK for finishing!! 

that's a good counter argument willow ......not one I totally agree with but good nonetheless

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Couldn't agree more, the mess this would create would make our previous troubles look like a walk in the park

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's a good counter argument willow ......not one I totally agree with but good nonetheless

Cheers mate, just trying to put a bit of reality to the thread. While not agreeing with all DC has done the amount of abuse and negativity is getting out of hand. We need to pull together and support DC in a difficult time for the club. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Lets agree to disagree 

OK for finishing!! 

1 - Players we didn't need and have wasted money. More than simply bad management and this could be our undoing. It's a huge potential problem with FFP looming.

2 - We are Sheffield Wednesday - we play in blue and white stripes regardless of a potential minimal sales boost if that is indeed what happened. 

3  -Look at what Chu said about corporate - it's been disastrous. Kit fiasco - we're saving money yet still charging more than any other club in the division for shirts. That strikes me as what my mother would call rob doggery but one man's capitalism is another man's rip off.

4 - I'm happy for you for your ST. Many can't afford them. Many can't guarantee getting to enough games. I have one partly because I was strong armed into it by rip off POTG prices meaning I would never go if I didn't have a ST. The prices have contributed to the flak he's picking up. Others may feel the same I don't know. We slated Leeds United for doing exactly what Chansiri has done. I hated what they did and hate what Chansiri has done. 

5 - Kit fiasco see 3 above.  

Believe what you want to believe and we'll see where this ends up - but there are many other ways to run a football club. Man City have chosen one way, Huddersfield another, Sheffield United another. Chansiri's way isn't the only way.

A view from Charlton
'Just caught up with the news. Read the thread on Owlstalk linked to above. Just goes to show how every club has similar fans, the OP writes direct quotes that we all know to be accurate, then someone who worships the chairman totally ignores the facts and mentions not taking notice of social media gossip. Then someone (maybe the same person) talks about her being given a chance to learn about the area and the history of the club - despite the OP telling them what she said about history at The Valley.

Reminds me of some the posters we used to get on here, and in that other place. Extraordinary.'

It is a great post. It is a real shame that this season is lost after 2 great seasons. He has got certain things wrong. But, if he follows some steps won’t it fix a lot. 

1. Stripes back next year

2. POTG prices to championship average and 3 year season ticket back. 

3. Ex-Wednesday link person brought in as an advisor

4. Comes out and says mistakes have been made but I’m here for long term to try get us in PL and we will get there EVENTUALLY!

5. Hires a manager able to rotate some of this squad out the door and bring in young hungry talent over 24-30 months. 

5 step plan to a slimmer more toned...... sorry to a more happy Wednesday? 

I have only followed Wednesday since 91, but I’d take chansiri over any of our previous owners. Give him a break and it will get better. I know everyone likes to forget Wembley or think it was a fluke. But his investment got us there, I’d never been to see Wednesday at Wembley and that trip meant the world. Lets not have short memories, remember ken Bates trying to get his hands on us in league 1 While QPR were getting promoted on the last day of the season. Things have been worse, they are bad at the minute, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Asking for chansiri to go is wrong and short sighted in my opinion. Lets give him time.