Next Manager - It’s now so obvious

We must have had 100 suggestions on here in the past few weeks.

However, surely everybody can now see what we need.

This is not the time for a gamble on a foreigner who has no knowledge of The Championship.

This is not the time for a big name manager that has plied most of their recent time in The Premier League.

its not the time for somebody like Dean Smith to come in and try and completely change the way we play.  This is the sort of job that could wreck his career.

Its probably not even the time for somebody who has been out of club football for a while like Martin O’Neill (if we could get him).

It is time to get a manager who has proven he can get clubs out of this division.  Who has proven he can get big clubs out of this division. Who has proven he can spend money and work with a budget.  

It needs a big character, a man who understands the area, a man with experience and knowledge of this division.

Warnock meets all of these criteria but it could go horrifically wrong for obvious reasons and he may not want to forfeit the chance he currently has with Cardiff.

That leaves only one man, Mick McCarthy.

I’ve not been sure at all about who we should get.  But now it’s crystal clear to me.  He is the only logical choice.

Get Mick in, give him a fair budget and I’m sure we’ll be top 6 again next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I’m actually at the point where I’d give it to Megson, damage limitation

I was just about to post exactly that.

Not really a Megson fan but right now we need a nasty 2hat to get hold of these spineless players.

Give him until end of the season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m actually at the point where I’d give it to Megson, damage limitation

You and a few others it seems are on the brink of joining the cult, even i'm starting to think it might make sense until the end of the season after what I've seen today.

Out of the list being bandied aroundI thought Lambert would be ok.

Probably still do but it is pretty obvious we need somebody who has the character and mental strength to pick up the players who want to be here and ship out the ones who want to continue stealing a living .

Carlos has obviously left a massive mess and needs a big guy to sort it out.

Megson until end of season to firefight. 

Tell you what what if he was the manager today, I wouldn’t like to have been one of those players at the end it would have been carnage, we need a character like him just to stabalise us for 6 months

Get him back #unfinishedbusiness

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Out of the list being bandied aroundI thought Lambert would be ok.

Probably still do but it is pretty obvious we need somebody who has the character and mental strength to pick up the players who want to be here and ship out the ones who want to continue stealing a living .

Carlos has obviously left a massive mess and needs a big guy to sort it out.

Oh dear god no.....please not Fatty Evans!

• Haha 1

I can’t believe I’m saying this as I’ve been completely against the idea but I’m warming to the idea of bringing in Megson as interim manager.

After listening to Bullen it is evident that he is out of his depth and a new man needs to come in ASAP. Moreover, I don’t think the right man is available either and I it would be criminal to appoint the wrong man now on a 2.5 year deal.

We are lacking passion, motivation and a good old kick up the ass and Megson would certainly do this. I’d personally bring him until the end of the season to prove himself. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl