Rhodes

He’s just not a good footballer. He cannot lead the line, cannot hold the ball up, he can’t link play, he doesn’t hardly win any headers against the defenders. Worst of all, he just gets out-muscled against the opposition defenders and he permanently finds himself on the floor. It’s embarrassing! When he starts missing gilt edged chances like he did just before half time, you have to wonder what he is giving the team. It’s like playing with 10 men.

I hope he sorts it out but I cannot see it. You can tell he’s a thoroughly nice chap unlike some we’ve had at the Club over the years. 

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s just not a good footballer. He cannot lead the line, cannot hold the ball up, he can’t link play, he doesn’t hardly win any headers against the defenders. Worst of all, he just gets out-muscled against the opposition defenders and he permanently finds himself on the floor. It’s embarrassing! When he starts missing gilt edged chances like he did just before half time, you have to wonder what he is giving the team. It’s like playing with 10 men.

I hope he sorts it out but I cannot see it. You can tell he’s a thoroughly nice chap unlike some we’ve had at the Club over the years. 

He writes nice letters.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Jordan Rhodes is, quite possibly, shaping up to be the worst signing this club has ever made.

He's had ZERO impact. We've no idea to play to him, he's no idea how to play for us. He looks like a competition winner in almost very game he has played. Slow, sluggish, weak, can't trap a bag of wind, and his goalscoring abilities have simply vanished. He misses more chances than any other of our strikers, yet is continually excused for them. 

We spunk our remaining FFP budget on him, which will put the club back at the very least, by a couple of years.

What makes the whole sorry episode even worse...is the fact that many fans knew he wasn't what we needed. A staggeringly inept piece of business.

It's the hardest thing to stomach for me, why is he continually excused for all the chances he's missed and all the poor performances? 

Some peoole in here are even even saying he's a nice guy. Who cares!!! Much rather have Winnall who has that nasty streak in him. 

17 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

It's the hardest thing to stomach for me, why is he continually excused for all the chances he's missed and all the poor performances? 

Some peoole in here are even even saying he's a nice guy. Who cares!!! Much rather have Winnall who has that nasty streak in him. 

Don't think either of them are the answer.

I'm not far off 40, not played football properly since I was 16, and was pretty Bob even then, yet I know I could offer more than Rhodes offers us. I've never seen a player involved as little as he is. I've never seen a player have fewer touches. He literally is invisible. Nuhiu was 100 times better than him in that second half.

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Jordan Rhodes is, quite possibly, shaping up to be the worst signing this club has ever made.

He's had ZERO impact. We've no idea to play to him, he's no idea how to play for us. He looks like a competition winner in almost very game he has played. Slow, sluggish, weak, can't trap a bag of wind, and his goalscoring abilities have simply vanished. He misses more chances than any other of our strikers, yet is continually excused for them. 

We spunk our remaining FFP budget on him, which will put the club back at the very least, by a couple of years.

What makes the whole sorry episode even worse...is the fact that many fans knew he wasn't what we needed. A staggeringly inept piece of business.

Did many fans know he wasn't what we needed. I was ridiculed on Twitter for saying that on the day we signed him and many on here have still been saying recently it's all down to CC, our style of play etc etc.