Rhodes

At last the penny has dropped, Rhodes may have been the most prolific scorer in the championship but that was in the past. Now he has no pace and misses sitters for fun. Pound for pound he must be the worst Wednesday signing ever   At least the other rubbish we’ve signed didn’t cost much. 

41 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I have never been so underwhelmed with a signing I so badly wanted us to sign. Today's performance was pathetic. We paid 10 million pounds for this lad. He ducked out of a header in first half and then fluffed our best chance by heading directly at the keeper.

I don't know whether it's the player doesn't suit our club (Torres with Chelsea etc) or Rhodes best days are now behind him?

One things for certain if any reasonable offers come in for him I would sell him straight away.

Can't let him leave, he's the best ball boy we have.

Guest LittleG

I've been hoping against hope that Rhodes would come good, but after today that's it. Apart from the easiest heading chance he will ever get, what frustrated me more was the way he kept throwing himself to the floor in the hope of getting something from the ref. FFS stand up, be strong and battle for the ball! 

45 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I have never been so underwhelmed with a signing I so badly wanted us to sign. Today's performance was pathetic. We paid 10 million pounds for this lad. He ducked out of a header in first half and then fluffed our best chance by heading directly at the keeper.

I don't know whether it's the player doesn't suit our club (Torres with Chelsea etc) or Rhodes best days are now behind him?

One things for certain if any reasonable offers come in for him I would sell him straight away.

Today was no different to every “performance” he’s made for the club

He has been nothing short of terrible in his time here!!

He is such a limited player 

49 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I thought he'd ducked out of it. I hoped it was my eyesight from a poor angle. Ffs

He's not worth that crumpled £20 Carlos was banging on about 

14 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

At last the penny has dropped, Rhodes may have been the most prolific scorer in the championship but that was in the past. Now he has no pace and misses sitters for fun. Pound for pound he must be the worst Wednesday signing ever   At least the other rubbish we’ve signed didn’t cost much. 

Err he's never had any pace my friend ........

One of the biggest mysteries  in our clubs history buying this player ..

One day the truth will out as to why he was bought ..........

Jordan Rhodes is a real headache for us, he doesn't fit in to the team dynamic and we do look a worse team when he is playing.

What do you do ? The price we paid and the wages we are paying makes it hard to drop him and see his already rapidly declining value drop even further. My guess is that the managers are under pressure to play him and at least give him a chance to get a few goals and maintain some sort of value

I honestly don't think we would get 3 million for him now.

One thing I will say about Rhodes is that he looks like he cares and it is hurting him, not like some of the dross like Bothroyd, Jeffers, Clarke and Proudlock.

I've no doubt whatsoever that if he sorted his confidence issues out, he'd be back to his old self.

However, its been going on a year now, and there is only so long the Club can persevere.  I've seen very little from him to suggest he's going to come out of the other side of whatever is mentally affecting him on a football pitch.  It could be an expectation thing, and for the sake of career he probably needs to get away and play weekly for a team where he can be the main man and with a bit less pressure.  I don't want to call him mentally weak, as I have no idea what may be going off in his personal life, but he just looks like a man who wants the game to be done as quickly as possible at the moment.  This Jordan Rhodes isn't the one who looked a threat everytime the ball went near him when he scored 4 at Hillsborough for Huddersfield all those years ago.

I feel for the guy a bit. Off the field he comes across like a top bloke - this makes me think he’s not the sort of person to purposely not make the effort.

He’s obviously the chairman’s (advisor’s) signing - which wouldn’t have helped him when he came in, as CC might not have fancied him, plus we had 47 strikers when he came in, so lots of pressure on him from the off.

He’s not played well and that could be for loads of reasons: be it tactics, poor form, no confidence or being in and out of the side. Likely to be a mix of the above, but whichever way round it is, as it stands, it’s just looking like a bad move all round. 

It was the first clear sign that things arent right at the club also a good indicator that fans arent as stupid as the professionals in football like to imply.

There was a decent proportion of people on here who could see he was a terrible fit for our style and a completely unecessary signing.

Its nothing personal as has been said many times he seems like a great guy but not even his critics before he came in could have forseen just how bad he would have been. The mossed header today was so poor.

We need to cut our loses now some stupid champ team will still chuck a few mill at him now the longer he stays the more his value will decrease. The game has moved on at this level from players like rhodes, similarly efficient poachers at this level like sharp and lefondre are equally useless at this level now. The amount of times he dives to the floor at the slightest brush from a centre half is difficult to watch.

You know my thoughts on this, I protested long and loud when we were first linked with him The game has moved on, and has left players like him, who can’t adapt, redundant He’s a League One striker at best  Ironically, he might then be useful to us next season