Rhodes

Guest Fletchers head guard

If anyone thinks Rhodes isn’t one of our worst signings in a while than they are quite simply, wrong. 

As they say "form is temporary but class is permanent".  His confidence is clearly absolutely shot at the moment, how the hell he gets it back other than scoring I have no idea but it is one of the main challenges for the new manager.  Be interesting to know if he scores many in training.

Not the right thread but my take on Monday:

• Expecting a bid from Swansea for Joao, and of the 11 on the pitch the only other two who looked like Championship footballers were Reach and Wildsmith. 

• Picking Jones and Butterfield in midfield and then adding to it by not pulling one of them after 20 mins, what was that all about ?

• Championship football cannot be played at the tempo we try to play at, you can see the interceptions/mistakes coming. They  tap to each other so slowly with seemingly no awareness or the opposition closing them down. Do they close down at pace in training ?

• I can't remember seeing us playing that badly in 2010 (which is really worrying).

3 hours ago, fife_owl said:

It was a real concern how comfortably the Burton defenders were handling Rhodes.

Then big Dave came on and caused them real problems.

if Sunderland really want Rhodes - we have to cut our losses and let him go.  Nice guy, worked hard but ineffective.

I agree , just hasn’t worked out for him here 

1 hour ago, MrMan25 said:

This situation reminds me a lot of stevie mays nightmare here, we were all hyped when he first came then we was all let down by his performances. 

Probably, they are similar players and are always likely to struggle at this level The quality in the championship has improved hugely in the last 2 or 3 years The championship, when Rhodes was last prolific, was more akin to the current First Division That is now the level for Rhodes