Rhodes

I have never been so underwhelmed with a signing I so badly wanted us to sign. Today's performance was pathetic. We paid 10 million pounds for this lad. He ducked out of a header in first half and then fluffed our best chance by heading directly at the keeper.

I don't know whether it's the player doesn't suit our club (Torres with Chelsea etc) or Rhodes best days are now behind him?

One things for certain if any reasonable offers come in for him I would sell him straight away.

• Like 1

Spot on. He offers nothing in open play, isn't interested in the physical side. The only thing he offers is the potential for goals but if he isn't scoring we are playing with ten men. Nuhiu offered more when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

Guest RocketOwl

What we need to realise is that Jordan Rhodes is never at fault. His fluffed chance was not his fault, it was windy and the cross should have been better.

Ducking out of the way of twonither crosses like the ball is on fire is unlucky, he may not have wanted to get hurt. 

He does a lot of good things. I like his thumbs up after every ball.

Guest shawie99

If he puts his f@ckin thumb up one more time for a ball he never even tries to get on the end of ...

When its not happening for you jordan mate...make it happen.

I've always been a fan of Rhodes, always got excited when I saw any links with him and Wednesday. I'm absolutely gutted at what I'm seeing, it's like the killer instinct has gone. Has anybody ever seen the film space jam. Where alien monsters steal players talents.... it's the only resonable explanation to what's happend. All joking aside, I've never been more worried about the club i love. I fear where on a nose dive. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by ES6owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having seen enough of him now it’s obvious he has made his way in football without any of the necessary attributes a forward needs, pace, strength and control. He has made his way by being able to get into the right position at the right time. This knack has obviously now left him. So he has nothing to offer. A comparison would be Bobby Moore. He should never have been a defender but could read the game superbly. However Bobby’s days at Fulham were not pretty to see. Jordan has been on a downward spiral since the late Blackburn days. 

2 minutes ago, TheNightShift said:

I believe our players may have been placed under a curse by a Devil-worship sect from Bumhole Lane

On paper some of the names we have on the team sheet tho. We've been crying out for players of this stature for years. You couldn't make this shizer up..!!

• Thanks 1

Jordan Rhodes is, quite possibly, shaping up to be the worst signing this club has ever made.

He's had ZERO impact. We've no idea to play to him, he's no idea how to play for us. He looks like a competition winner in almost very game he has played. Slow, sluggish, weak, can't trap a bag of wind, and his goalscoring abilities have simply vanished. He misses more chances than any other of our strikers, yet is continually excused for them. 

We spunk our remaining FFP budget on him, which will put the club back at the very least, by a couple of years.

What makes the whole sorry episode even worse...is the fact that many fans knew he wasn't what we needed. A staggeringly inept piece of business.

• Like 1