To Provide Some Balance

41 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Good to have a positive thread, as people are too quick to demand everything be ripped up and started again

The facts are- we have 11 first team players out, Wolves and Derby would struggle in the same circumstances 

CC has left a squad that is absolutely demoralised 

CC has left a squad that is completely unfit for the rigorous championship season

We have a talented squad, we just need a few additions and some confidence putting into the lads and we’ll be firing again

Agree with most of what you've said except for the talented squad bit , we do have some very good players at the club but yesterday's performance was abysmal by any standards , granted most of our better players weren't available for whatever reason but most of the team yesterday are just not good enough . 

12 hours ago, Quist said:

I left the game 10 minutes early today which is unusual for me. i have then sat in car 3.5 hours to drive home so had time to think about this. Think you are correct the appointment is probably to remove him from some of blame when things go wrong. He was clearly annoyed when Cc left for his prearranged job and had to take some action.

Therefore CEO appointed to seperate him from some of decisions so someone else can take flak,and also so he does not get friendly with boss and lets heart rule head in his decision making. It may be that he also wanted to put some distance between advisors and him self.

If he wanted someone who would give unpopular news and a skin like a rhino he has probably found correct person.

She made some shocking decisions early in reign and alienated herself from many at Charlton if she has learned she may not make same mistake again.

Big problem was coaches were appointed who had no idea of English football and recruitment of players from abroad was abysmal as they could not perform in English game.

It is essential we have a manager who understands English leagues as recruitment is urgently needed, the team also needs to be got fit for league urgently.  Three games in proximity show they do not have basic level of fitness  for league.

Where I differ from owlsman completely is we do not have a month, anyone who saw us play today will know that. i am not sure if Owlsman went but that was not just a poor performance.

Bullen said new coach was required immediately he was correct.

Bloody brilliant post...

ForzaQuistFfs©

12 hours ago, Quist said:

I left the game 10 minutes early today which is unusual for me. i have then sat in car 3.5 hours to drive home so had time to think about this. Think you are correct the appointment is probably to remove him from some of blame when things go wrong. He was clearly annoyed when Cc left for his prearranged job and had to take some action.

Therefore CEO appointed to seperate him from some of decisions so someone else can take flak,and also so he does not get friendly with boss and lets heart rule head in his decision making. It may be that he also wanted to put some distance between advisors and him self.

If he wanted someone who would give unpopular news and a skin like a rhino he has probably found correct person.

She made some shocking decisions early in reign and alienated herself from many at Charlton if she has learned she may not make same mistake again.

Big problem was coaches were appointed who had no idea of English football and recruitment of players from abroad was abysmal as they could not perform in English game.

It is essential we have a manager who understands English leagues as recruitment is urgently needed, the team also needs to be got fit for league urgently.  Three games in proximity show they do not have basic level of fitness  for league.

Where I differ from owlsman completely is we do not have a month, anyone who saw us play today will know that. i am not sure if Owlsman went but that was not just a poor performance.

A British manger of note, this is not being Xenophobic, it is being practical.

Whoever comes in has a HUGE job on his hands.

1) To motivate the players and the fans.( Get the players fit and organised, this will take at least 1 month).

2) To steady the ship.

3) To keep us in the championship this season.

17 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

A British manger of note, this is not being Xenophobic, it is being practical.

Whoever comes in has a HUGE job on his hands.

1) To motivate the players and the fans.( Get the players fit and organised, this will take at least 1 month).

2) To steady the ship.

3) To keep us in the championship this season.

And what part of step 1-3 is enhanced by them being born in Britain? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

And what part of step 1-3 is enhanced by them being born in Britain? :rolleyes:

If read the post it said.

"It is essential we have a manger who understands the English leagues, as recruitment is urgently needed".

We deffinately do not need another unknown,out of work, Coach who knows nothing about the English game and has no contacts in the English game.

It worked well the last time, didn't it?.

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

If read the post it said.

"It is essential we have a manger who understands the English leagues, as recruitment is urgently needed".

We deffinately do not need another unknown,out of work, Coach who knows nothing about the English game and has no contacts in the English game.

It worked well the last time, didn't it?.

It worked quite well to be honest just 90 mins from the premier and followed by finishing in the top four, you would snap the hand off any manager who could guarantee to go one step further.

Edited by Watson

16 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Before writing the club off for relegation, suggesting our new CEO has been brought in to start dismantling the club, and stating that Mr C is on his way and will sell us on........

New CEO states that she was attracted by Mr C’s ambitious plans for the club.

Newspaper reports suggest Mr C is looking at big, big, names as the next manager of the club, AVB, Ranieri etc

Mr C tells us he is still committed. 

What about we wait to see what happens in January first?

It’s possible we might bring in a big name manager, and might bring in some quality players the new man wants to work with. We’ll undoubtedly need to offload some players too, and perhaps the new CEO is needed to lessen the burden on Mr C in terms of making all this happen quickly. I would imagine that spare CEOs are a bit thin on the ground, maybe she was the only one available?

I’d say give it another month first, then we’ll have a better idea on the way things are heading.

Pack it in with sensible posts.

Now is the time to panic and spread rumours!  (..and forget that we all wanted DC to appoint a CEO)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Watson said:

A month should give us an idea which direction DC wants to take the club but it's going to take awhile to implement his plans. 

Started getting into "heated" discussions with other ST holders who sit near me on the North.

One more Home game this month.....hopefully I can bit my lip and get through it without incident!!!

Do you think we will be happier by 3rd February?

13 hours ago, Quist said:

Absolutely. Stayed to the bitter end yesterday and have about half your journey time home but had the same thoughts. DC became too close to Carlos and that makes sacking him very difficult. When you own a football club or are in charge of any kind of enterprise/organisation (I have been) you have to operate with a respectful distance between yourself and those who work for you. He was far too "chummy" with CC which prolonged his tenure. The new CEO is an attempt to change that and make the running of the club more business-like. It needs it but whether she is the right choice remains to be seen. If she starts to alienate the fans the reaction will be Charlton plus and DC's "Wednesday family" will be gone and he will have to go himself with all the disastrous consequences.

My overwhelming emotion after nearly 60 years as a Wednesdayite is sadness and disappointment. We had hope and now we face a long road to what I hope will be a recovery.

On the field we need someone like Lambert in straight away. Not a CC type appointment as I reckon that would be a disaster.

1 minute ago, Lombado said:

Started getting into "heated" discussions with other ST holders who sit near me on the North.

One more Home game this month.....hopefully I can bit my lip and get through it without incident!!!

Do you think we will be happier by 3rd February?

The fans aren't in the mood to be happier we have had our dreams dashed for another season and some fans want someone to pay and they are aiming high.  

The only way to quell the dissatisfaction is an up turn in results.  DC is about to make the biggest descision yet in his time here, needs to get it right, but many fans are determined not approve of his choice already.  Sad times. 

Just now, Watson said:

The fans aren't in the mood to be happier we have had our dreams dashed for another season and some fans want someone to pay and they are aiming high.  

The only way to quell the dissatisfaction is an up turn in results.  DC is about to make the biggest descision yet in his time here, needs to get it right, but many fans are determined not approve of his choice already.  Sad times. 

Pretty much none of that is true

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Attracted by a pay day more like.  The most toxic, failed, inexperienced CEO anyone could place at this club.

Like the lads and lasses from Charlton have had the decency to inform us, it looks like she'll say anything to suit her own ends.

She may well be toxic but she's now got some experience so maybe she has learnt something. I don't mind her coming here for a pay day, that's why most of us go to work. She seems career orientated so she has an incentive to do well, she will want to be successful here so that when her time is done she can move on to better things.

Don't expect her to be fan friendly, that would be a bonus but her real job is to make the organisation which is the club work. PR is only a small part of that. Telling it like it is might ruffle a few feathers among the staff and the fans  but if it helps make the club successful that's ok. 

Let's see how things work out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

And her previous record of this is ?  abysmal

So why the hell has this failure been employed by us ?

Possibly because DC thinks she will do a good job. Let's wait and see. If she is rubbish I will hand out the pitchforks and you can chase her down the street.lol

Let's just give her a chance. We seem to be completely negative about everything at present (not you personally). New CEO, she's rubbish, name suggested as manager, he's rubbish, new player, rubbish. Let's just give people a chance before we lynch them.

I'm not perfect, I reacted badly to the suggestion of McClaren.  

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

Possibly because DC thinks she will do a good job. Let's wait and see. If she is rubbish I will hand out the pitchforks and you can chase her down the street.lol

Let's just give her a chance. We seem to be completely negative about everything at present (not you personally). New CEO, she's rubbish, name suggested as manager, he's rubbish, new player, rubbish. Let's just give people a chance before we lynch them.

I'm not perfect, I reacted badly to the suggestion of McClaren.  

I appreciate what you're saying and thanks for the honest reply. I'm not usually a glass half empty sort of bloke, but I think this particular appointment was the straw that broke the camels back. lol
We see in our daily lives utter failures earning disgusting wages and being rewarded further for even greater failure, how the new CEO can wander into a job, days after being dumped from one ship

is quite frankly unbelievable, and can only raise the deepest suspicions in me. She's crap, pure and simple , a failure. That's what she brings for thousands per week no doubt.

World's gone mad lol