To Provide Some Balance

Before writing the club off for relegation, suggesting our new CEO has been brought in to start dismantling the club, and stating that Mr C is on his way and will sell us on........

New CEO states that she was attracted by Mr C’s ambitious plans for the club.

Newspaper reports suggest Mr C is looking at big, big, names as the next manager of the club, AVB, Ranieri etc

Mr C tells us he is still committed. 

What about we wait to see what happens in January first?

It’s possible we might bring in a big name manager, and might bring in some quality players the new man wants to work with. We’ll undoubtedly need to offload some players too, and perhaps the new CEO is needed to lessen the burden on Mr C in terms of making all this happen quickly. I would imagine that spare CEOs are a bit thin on the ground, maybe she was the only one available?

I’d say give it another month first, then we’ll have a better idea on the way things are heading.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm normally far from a glass half full kinda person but this 100%^^^^^^

NOW is the time for DC to show some steel and put his money where his mouth is.

A new man at the helm with new ideas and a war chest with which to freshen the squad up (along with injured players coming back) will lift everyone. 

I’m feeling as negative as most today, but you’re right that the next manager appointment which should happen in the next week or so, will be telling as to what direction the club is going.

Meire helped hire managers like Russell Slade and Guy Luzon at Charlton, but hopefully Chansiri has much bigger plans for us 

I'll all for selling some players.

We know we're stuffed with FFP

It's a needs-must situation - and there ain't a lot of players here I'd want to keep right now.

If it means clearing out the likes of Westwood, FF, Wallace, Fox, Loovens, Rhodes, Hirst and Jones then I'm all for that.

Get some money in, spend it on a couple of quality additions and start the rebuilding process.

Escaping relegation should look after itself.

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Before writing the club off for relegation, suggesting our new CEO has been brought in to start dismantling the club, and stating that Mr C is on his way and will sell us on........

Newspaper reports suggest Mr C is looking at big, big, names as the next manager of the club, AVB, Ranieri etc

It’s possible we might bring in a big name manager, and might bring in some quality players the new man wants to work with. We’ll undoubtedly need to offload some players too, and perhaps the new CEO is needed to lessen the burden on Mr C in terms of making all this happen quickly. I would imagine that spare CEOs are a bit thin on the ground, maybe she was the only one available?

I’d say give it another month first, then we’ll have a better idea on the way things are heading.

Or were f****d

one or the other 

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I dunno Simon...I would be more optimistic if DC had brought in someone with an expertise in f.ookin' football rather than Law, mind you after watchin' the offerings this afternoon I half expected her to come on for Butterfield...............

• Haha 6

Everyone around us has been losing the plot over the last few months, yet we as fans, remained focused on the remedy and had the foresight to force a change that ought to have a positive impact eventually. 

Having steered Mr C and Carlos in the direction we thought things should go, we now have a responsibility to see things through and make it work. Abandoning all hope is no good for anyone. It puts us in the same territory as players giving up the ghost.

Come on Owls, we’re made of stronger stuff than this. 

Let’s get the ball rolling in our favour again by staying positive, and showing some trust in our Chairman for now. In one month’s time, we will have some evidence to suggest the likely direction of travel. There still remains a possibility our Chairman fully intends to make amends for his lack of football knowledge and mistakes he’s made, and which he has already owned up to. 

What do you say about trusting our Chairman to put those mistakes right. If in one month’s time, nothing positive seems to have transpired, and if we continue on a downward spiral, there will then be good cause for concern.

Let’s try this patience thing for a bit longer.

Looks to me like the "FOR SALE" sign is about to go up. I'd expect to see less and less of DC at Hillsborough from now on, that's why she's been brought in, you got to read between the lines.

Just not sure where we'll finish up now. Can't really blame DC, he's had himself and his family attacked on social media, whatever he does he gets criticised for, never gets any credit, lost his best mate last week and probably feels all alone.

What's Mammadov doing these days?

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I'm afraid your appeal for balance on here will be ignored,

Sometimes taking a reasonable view on OT is like doing a high wire act and not having just to contend with that but having hundreds of people shaking the wire as well.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Looks to me like the "FOR SALE" sign is about to go up. I'd expect to see less and less of DC at Hillsborough from now on, that's why she's been brought in, you got to read between the lines.

Just not sure where we'll finish up now. Can't really blame DC, he's had himself and his family attacked on social media, whatever he does he gets criticised for, never gets any credit, lost his best mate last week and probably feels all alone.

And I’m not arguing with any of that. Currently looks possible it may be heading in that direction, But the next month would give a better clue would it not?

22 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You could be right. As for the CEO it could be that her reputation has been sullied for the fans due to their hatred of the owner. As others have said if the owner tells her to do something she either does it or walks away as is the case for any CEO. From what I've seen she doesn't suffer fools gladly and that might be what the club needs. Been saying for a while that the club needs sorting out from top to bottom and arses need kicking. She could be just the person to do it

Edited by darra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Everyone around us has been losing the plot over the last few months, yet we as fans, remained focused on the remedy and had the foresight to force a change that ought to have a positive impact eventually. 

Having steered Mr C and Carlos in the direction we thought things should go, we now have a responsibility to see things through and make it work. Abandoning all hope is no good for anyone. It puts us in the same territory as players giving up the ghost.

Come on Owls, we’re made of stronger stuff than this. 

Let’s get the ball rolling in our favour again by staying positive, and showing some trust in our Chairman for now. In one month’s time, we will have some evidence to suggest the likely direction of travel. There still remains a possibility our Chairman fully intends to make amends for his lack of football knowledge and mistakes he’s made, and which he has already owned up to. 

What do you say about trusting our Chairman to put those mistakes right. If in one month’s time, nothing positive seems to have transpired, and if we continue on a downward spiral, there will then be good cause for concern.

Let’s try this patience thing for a bit longer.

Did you go today mate?

Theres sod all we can do about players who won't run, can't tackle, can't pass the ball 10 bloody yards....25'000 there...Who's given up?

Bar the actors onstage?

22 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I like to read your comments owlsman you are like a reassuring voice when Wednesday fans need it.You are definitely a glass half full man  Hats off to you

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

And I’m not arguing with any of that. Currently looks possible it may be heading in that direction, But the next month would give a better clue would it not?

Yes it will, but we are allowed to debate what we think is going to happen.IF ONE OF US HAS TO BE PROVED RIGHT THEN I HOPE IT'S YOU AS THE ALTERNATIVE DOESN'T BEAR THINKING ABOUT.

Soz for the caps BTW, I pressed the caps lock when I meant to press the other one.lol

Even the best manager in the world couldn't come in and make these players match fit and properly prepared overnight.  It's a complete rebuild job from the ground up.

Whether Chansiri is interested in that is an open question at the moment, especially given this woman hes just hired.

On the football front what we need now is a safety first appointment. Lambert would be my shout. Karanka or Megson also possible. Maybe Monk. One of those should be able to steady the ship.  

Outside of that the ceo appointment really does worry me and is much more concerning than the story on the pitch. I do see the argument that she implemented rather than set policy at Charlton. But even if that's so it is hard to see the positive case.  

14 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

He’s made the rod for his own back I’m afraid 

Edited by ramone