Butterfield & Jones

Butterfield and Jones pairing too negative. Our slow build up play hasn’t worked all season, we allow teams too much time to organise their defence.  This style of play combined with general poor crossing/passing in the final third plus our lacklustre finishing has make us a laughing stock. If we are to stick with the dismal midfield we need a pacey striker or strikers who can create some room and stretch a defence. If we are playing with a a striker with little pace, like Rhodes, we need some pace in midfield to drive on and to create some room for a player like Rhodes. 

I didn't think Jones was that bad, far worse players on that pitch today. 

Defensively we were very poor, first and second goals were pathetic. 

As for Rhodes I've never seen a player just collapse on floor every time ball comes near like that, second half was embarrassing. 

As for Rhodes I've never seen a player just collapse on floor every time ball comes near like that, second half was embarrassing. 

Both pretty poor but in Butterfield's case he was a f00king disgrace.

Lazy lazy b4stard

F Off back to Derby you utter waste of space.

Can sort off accept somebody being a bit shyte if they try a bit.

Didn't even register on my trying gauge.

Lazy lazy b4stard

Just now, bradowl said:

Jones is incapable of running with the ball and can only pass to one side without having the turning circle of the titanic. Neither offer a goal threat and as the first goal showed, tackling isn't their strongest point either!

How Bullen chose to go with these 2 together at home to Burton is beyond belief. He said on Saturday that he played Nuhiu with Rhodes because previously in Rhodes' career he has worked well with a big man up top. Today he plays Rhodes on his own down the middle and Joao cutting in from out wide. 

His starting team and formation was terrible and how we came out for the 2nd half with the same set up I don't know. Substitutions were then limited by injuries - Hunt clearly not fully fit so a waste of a sub option. 

My lads under 13's team would be embarrassed by the defending for all 3 goals today. 

Jones has been a bad signing and we needed a more physical and imposing figure in there to compete with Hutch which would compliment Lee and Bannan.

However, he’s not as bad as Butterfield. Seriously, what does he give you? No passion/spine, pace, physicality, sideways or backwards passing. That was one of the worst central midfield displays I’ve seen for 7 years. Absolutely atrocious. He went to Derby for £5million. That in itself is unbelievable.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Guest Jack the Hat

Mcgugan used to weigh in with goals and assists but apparantly he was lazy despite running the full length of the pitch during Carlos's first game to score after blocking on our goal line. Apparantly Carlos didn't want to sign him. Signed  butterfield though . The sooner we get Carlos out of our DNA the better.

Butterfield is supposed to be an attacking midfielder.In The Star a month ago he said he was being asked to be a holding midfielder and would follow orders. The entire management team has ignored the importance of an attacking midfielder and relied on FF to conjure up goals 

up goals

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Butterfield, Jones, Wallace and a couple others should never pull on the shirt again 

All three of those wouldn’t get in my other team , league two Mansfield . They have players better in  those positions. 

Last season Huddersfield loaned in Aaron mooy (or however its spelt ) . We paid nearly 2 million quid for jones . Words fail me at the stupidity displayed by our once proud club 

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

What the hell do these 2 useless numpties offer the team? They do absolutely nothing, they don’t do anything to help the team attack, I thought they were supposed to be holding midfielders until I saw the Burton full back run straight through them both. They literally do nothing. Statues. Send Butterfield back to Derby even if we’re still paying him. 

Another couple of great accusations made by CC/DC wtf were they thinking when we signed these two , passengers 

57 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Butterfield is so pedestrian and does absolutely nothing positive, two blokes nearly fighting with another man today on the north for him calling out butterfield for been utter poo

Pathetic by 'supporters' to want to fight over someone slagging a crap player , FFS get real , people should be able to voice their opinions without some numpty offering them out , grow up FFS