There are so many parallels now with the dark times of Dave

This site is getting embarrassing, the propaganda being pumped out every hour or so makes you feel like you are living in North Korea or Communist China etc.....makes you wonder if some people wont be happy until they have driven the owner out and we end up with someone really bad and we return to living on the breadline of English football yet again....

8 minutes ago, steveger said:

This site is getting embarrassing, the propaganda being pumped out every hour or so makes you feel like you are living in North Korea or Communist China etc.....makes you wonder if some people wont be happy until they have driven the owner out and we end up with someone really bad and we return to living on the breadline of English football yet again....

All opinions are allowed

The fact that you're pretty much on your own with your views arent' the fault of the site.

In fact let me appeal for you..

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THE SAME / SIMILAR VIEWS TO STEVEGER PLEASE POST THEM ASAP SO HE DOESN'T FEEL SO ALONE

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All opinions are allowed

The fact that you're pretty much on your own with your views arent' the fault of the site.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THE SAME / SIMILAR VIEWS TO STEVEGER PLEASE POST THEM ASAP SO HE DOESN'T FEEL SO ALONE

I agree with him actually !!!

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All opinions are allowed

there's no point me even trying to answer that properly...........dip your bread...

Edited by steveger

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All opinions are allowed

He isn't on his own, other posts in this thread tell you that. I'm very concerned about today's appointment but we are nowhere near the dark times of a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, steveger said:

Good intentions and a bit of cash are no substitute for competence. If we go down we are in very serious trouble with the player contracts and wages we have.

6 minutes ago, Ridgeback owl said:

I agree with him actually !!!

Yes me too I think some people hate having zero voice within the club and genuinely want to go back to the bad old days.

Having met Katrien twice and spent some time in the SWFC boardroom as a guest of Charlton I can confirm that she isn’t the devil incarnate that some are making out. She was unfortunately the mouthpiece for owners that make Dave Allen look amenable!

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tottyboyowl said:

Having met Katrien twice and spent some time in the SWFC boardroom as a guest of Charlton I can confirm that she isn’t the devil incarnate that some are making out. She was unfortunately the mouthpiece for owners that make Dave Allen look amenable!

Be good to hear more 

Do you honestly think the Charlton fans got it totally wrong about her?

Owlstalk Shop

Generally agree with and like Stevengers posts but have to disagree with you on this one I'm afraid. I think there are some very genuine concerns at the moment, and this appointment brings those into close focus. I'm sure she is a very nice lady, but reading the charlton fans views reminds me so much of Allen going to chessie.

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Generally agree with and like Stevengers posts but have to disagree with you on this one I'm afraid. I think there are some very genuine concerns at the moment, and this appointment brings those into close focus. I'm sure she is a very nice lady, but reading the charlton fans views reminds me so much of Allen going to chessie.

Fair enough mate, it's all about opinions, being a nice lady should have nothing to do with it, its the job she will hopefully do well for our football club that matters, football doesn't have the time or place for nice people any more sadly

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

I don't know the woman, i'm not even behind the woman as such as this is her Day One, all I'm saying is she should be at least be given the chance to prove herself before the attack dogs are dragged away from Mr C and pushed towards her......

Whilst I'd agree with those sentiments this isn't purely and solely about her but the bigger picture over the last 6 to 12 months

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Be good to hear more 

Do you honestly think the Charlton fans got it totally wrong about her?

I can only (and would only) speak as I find.  The gist of the conversation was that she was in an impossible situation and didn’t enjoy the vitriol from the fans against her. As a person and in that environment she was very engaging and clearly very intelligent.

I guess the Charlton fans had good reason for this their views and I couldn’t possibly comment as I don’t know enough about all the details (just as we all don’t really as we rarely see both sides of the coin).

i believe at the very least she deserves a chance to do the job she has been employed to do without being judged (and   ostracised) for a role she previously carried out in very different circumstances.

Disagree with the OP. Sure DC has made some mistakes and there is cause for concern but comparing him to DA is absolutely crackers and disrespectful in my view. He’s spent a bomb on the pitch, ground and players.

Our fully fit squad is capable of promotion in my view. That was peoples’ gripe with Carlos; that we should be doing better.

Let’s not get the pitch forks out and make things even worse.

18 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Disagree with the OP. Sure DC has made some mistakes and there is cause for concern but comparing him to DA is absolutely crackers and disrespectful in my view. He’s spent a bomb on the pitch, ground and players.

Our fully fit squad is capable of promotion in my view. That was peoples’ gripe with Carlos; that we should be doing better.

Let’s not get the pitch forks out and make things even worse.

You misunderstand

I wasn't comparing Mr Chansiri to Mr Allen at all

Merely saying there are many parallels between the times

Owlstalk Shop

Guest shawie99

Maybe we can borrow, say .... 20 million off the co op again, leave it a few years and then pay em back , lets say 10p in the pound and ride this rollercoaster all over again.