There are so many parallels now with the dark times of Dave

Today's result of a weak minded, unfit, poorly motivated squad added to some quite bizarre off the pitch activities recently and it's clear to see parallels between the Sheffield Wednesday of today and the dark times of Dave and Kaven.

The list of parallels is never ending (have a think - you'll come up with loads yourself) and it's not good

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better too

Get ready for it

Owlstalk Shop

I agree Neil, unfortunately.

One other thing that I think needs to be mentioned as well.......... The bizarre change from a winning formation at Forest, to a defensive line-up, in the style of one of Carlos's teams, for both of the matches since the Forest game.......... Forgive me for speculating, but this doesn't ring true with me, there's something wrong about it, as well as the obvious.... I can sort of understand the Brentford game, but against Burton today as well where we're at home and looking to win the game?

This is just a theory, I have no evidence at all to back this up, but do we think that after the Forest win, one or two people in the background got their noses put out of joint by Bully's change of tactics etc.     in other words has Bully been told to play that awful defensive 4-4-2 line-up, AGAINST his better judgement.....?

Sad and angry tonight.

How the f*ck is DC going to justify hiring a shady CEO as a priority when it’s all falling apart so shockingly on the pitch and the treatment room?

Oh, silly me - he isn’t going to. He doesn’t have to justify anything, does he? It’s his.

It’s all so arse-about-t*t, I could scream. Fuming right now.

As for the players - don’t even bother saying anything post-match.

Just get your little washbags and go home for a rest. A really, really long one if you’re as bothered as you’ve looked the last two months.

Next league match is a derby, by the way lads. Just FYI.

Edited by Mr. Tom

4 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I agree Neil, unfortunately.

One other thing that I think needs to be mentioned as well.......... The bizarre change from a winning formation at Forest, to a defensive line-up, in the style of one of Carlos's teams, for both of the matches since the Forest game.......... Forgive me for speculating, but this doesn't ring true with me, there's something wrong about it, as well as the obvious.... I can sort of understand the Brentford game, but against Burton today as well where we're at home and looking to win the game?

This is just a theory, I have no evidence at all to back this up, but do we think that after the Forest win, one or two people in the background got their noses put out of joint by Bully's change of tactics etc.     in other words has Bully been told to play that awful defensive 4-4-2 line-up, AGAINST his better judgement.....?

By who though ? Who would want that ? 

We’re going down. £30 million spent, sky high wages splashed on a team were the freebies are still more or less the best players at the club. And even they’re not playing at 50% or injured. 

If if a new manager isn’t in post soon we’re down, simple as. Something looking at our wage bill  would be catastrophic.

Dont worry, we have a fit and proper chairman/owner. Everything will be fine ...

The main difference between Chansiri and Allen is that Allen didn't have millions of pounds to throw away. But here we go the knives are out for the poor woman before she's in the door ffs the man's trying let's get behind him now and try and turn this club around from a rest home for aging players into a proper football team again.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Today's result of a weak minded, unfit, poorly motivated squad added to some quite bizarre off the pitch activities recently and it's clear to see parallels between the Sheffield Wednesday of today and the dark times of Dave and Kaven.

The list of parallels is never ending (have a think - you'll come up with loads yourself) and it's not good

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better too

Get ready for it

Spot on Neil, although DC will never stoop to their level in my opinion , no matter what he does. 

I wouldnt Dave and Kaven to run my bath 

42 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Scarily, this new CEO sounds like just the person that wouldn't think twice about legal action against supporters if she felt so inclined. 

Hope she has brought a tin hat with her , because she will need it if the views of Charlton fans are to be believed. 

37 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Looks like it's time for another Owlstalk hiatus if this is going to be the mood for the coming weeks. It seems like some people have much shorter memories than I ever imagined possible if they think we're in dire straits now.

We arnt at the dark ,dark days of Dave Allen and his cronies yet, because their tenure was the darkest , lowest point in our 150 years history, but it could go that way if things continue in this vein. 

40 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Looks like it's time for another Owlstalk hiatus if this is going to be the mood for the coming weeks. It seems like some people have much shorter memories than I ever imagined possible if they think we're in dire straits now.

This is very dire. We spent all of our money on average players on high wages. We’re 6 points of the bottom 3, lost 5 of the past 6 games including the past 3 games at Home. We’ve just hired a CEO who at her last job, had a coffin walked around the stadium after her and her previous owner had them relegated. We don’t have a manager and we have 8 first team players currently unavailable due to injury.

we are falling down the table and the performances are getting worse. The correct manager appointment is absolutely critical for our future.

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Spot on Neil, although DC will never stoop to their level in my opinion , no matter what he does. 

I wouldnt Dave and Kaven to run my bath 

I know it's shybo at the minute but come on .... DC as bad as DA !!!!... Nah not buying that . Some short memories on here !!!