Lets face it.....100% of the blame cannot be given to Carlos

35 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

We still have practically all the same players who not only challenged, but achieved the top six in both the last two seasons lol

I wouldn't ever claim it was entirely the reason we're not competing well this season, but if I was one of the players I'd certainly be pissed off with how some of the fans had been treating Carlos for the past 12-16 months. Though we're not really any different to other clubs/fans in that regard, but that's kind of one reason why I seem to be falling out of love with football at the moment. I just can't agree with a lot of the bile that gets thrown around these days and there always seems to be race to see who can be the most negative first so they can claim to be right when something eventually (and inevitably, in sport) goes wrong.

Jeez give me strength . Do you think the players care about Carlos ? Or the fans ? They care about the fat pay packet and nothing more 

15 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Carlos was not responsible for signing 90% of them. When will more of us realise that is one of the underlying problems that may not change under a new manager.

Conflicting accounts on this, but he was the one who suggested he didn’t want “bouncers” in the side. He also didn’t seem to like wingers when we signed them either.

The team was built in his desired image.

Edited by Bluesteel

Dunno whether or not he's 100% to blame... but the fitness thing is inexcusable.

The players should be carrying no spare whatsoever, A lack of athleticism will inevitably predispose to an increased likelihood of injury, particularly as the body tires towards the end of  competition/event. We have a decent and competitive first eleven, most of which is now out injured.

Then there's the fact that despite a fair amount of money being spent, the first eleven has barely been improved upon over the last season and a half - whoever has been responsible for recruitment should shoulder a large degree of responsibility.

I don't really agree that the players are not trying - we have no one as lazy as Jay Bothroyd or as frightened of having the ball as Giles Coke seemed to be at times... I think they are either knackered (fitness and/or age) or are just very limited..

Whatever, we need some of the first eleven back desperately or a relegation scrap beckons even if we get Pep Guardiola as the new manager 

:picnic:

Carlos made mistakes, and possibly ran out of ideas of how to turn things around 

Was he the fall guy, yes probably, but ultimately, we don’t have the players

Make no mistake, recruitment is the cause of most of our problems Despite being in a minority, I’ve never been convinced that our transfer policy, has done anything, other than hand the coach a bloated, but mediocre squad

I never joined the clamour for Jordan Rhodes, and I thought the suggestion that we had the best striker options in the division, quite frankly, laughable

So I’m not one of those who believes we can bring in a seasoned championship manager, who will get these players delivering 

Edited by gurujuan

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Conflicting accounts on this, but he was the one who suggested he didn’t want “bouncers” in the side. He also didn’t seem to like wingers when we signed them either.

The team was built in his desired image.

You're probably right it was his image but with third and fourth choices and one of two who were not his choices at all.

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

You're probably right it was his image but with third and fourth choices and one of two who were not his choices at all.

I think we have been ambitious with some of our first choices who were often unobtainable. There have only been a couple post Wembley who have made a sustained difference but it’s more about attributes, if he outlines 5 choices who are the same kind of player as what we have and don’t add height, strength, pace etc or refuses to play wingers then he is part and parcel of it. I understand that many clubs operate this way now unfortunately.

By all accounts it was realised this summer that we needed a leader at the back but FFP was too close by then, there was a sudden acknowledgement that we need pace in January (dismissed previously) and he never wanted anyone who could tackle. So frustrating.

Can't agree with all of this. After Wembley 2016 we recognized the need for a commanding centre back (i.e. CC put one on his list of requirements). For various reasons this never happened but it wasn't because CC did not recognise the need. This is just one example of our appalling recruitment over the last 18 months - imo of all the players signed since then only Reach would get into that side.

As I have illustrated whilst CC was obviously part of our transfer strategy we cannot blame him if the club didn't recruit the players/type of player requested. I have said many times over the past few months our problems were much deeper than CC and he was, to a significant extent, adversely affected by them.

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

So Hooper, FF, Abdi were 4th choice players.

Who the phook were the 1st choice players?.

He could have walked if the players were forced on him.

I think we all agree our recruitment was good until summer 2016 and it went pear shaped after then.

Managers rarely walk and why should they (although he has now of course).

There is no team spirit.

Not a single one of our players went to congratulate/thank Wildsmith after the penalty save. Butterfield have him a thumbs up. That was it. 

When Bywater saved Nuhiu’s shot half their team were on him patting him on the back 

1 hour ago, brazilowl said:

Carlos and the chairman have to take most of the blame but the players should play with some pride. I’m sorry to say this team don’t give a t oss. They will return home have a nice meal and figure out what to spend their wages on. 

This team cares about :carlos:

now they know they are not gonna get a fat promotion bonus they don’t care. Bully said one or two were upset about today’s performance .... one or two... let that sink in 

9 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

There is no team spirit.

Not a single one of our players went to congratulate/thank Wildsmith after the penalty save. Butterfield have him a thumbs up. That was it. 

When Bywater saved Nuhiu’s shot half their team were on him patting him on the back 

Maybe because against Boro half the team did that instead of concentrating resulting in Boro scoring from the same attack.

• Like 1

This lack of fitness relating to injuries is nonsense. 

Looking at some on our injury list identifies why they are out and if they are lacking fitness. 

Fessi had to go for surgery because he didnt fully recover from last seasons injury
Lee came back too early from surgery and had complications
Hutchinson is injury prone anyway
Bannan has run his socks off all season, there is no way he is lacking fitness

Westwood has different fitness requirements to an outfield player and is clearly not lacking fitness problems