Somebody wake me up - please!

Our 150th year.

Two top six finishes in a row, a weak division, no obvious threats and come June optimism reigns.

It really didn’t take long for everything to go pear shaped though.

On the pitch the need for a quality centre half, a left back and some pace is yet again c0cked up beyond all belief.  A blind man could see our deficiencies but apparently Carlos and Chansiri either couldn’t or were not capable of solving it.

Yet another signing comes in with a big reputation (Boyd) and is dropped after one match.  Apparently, he can’t play in a diamond. Brilliant Carlos.

We then have to watch the most boring, negative tactics I have ever seen.  Always trying to not lose instead of playing to win. Concentrating on not letting them score instead of playing with the intent for us to score.

We get absolutely stuffed at home against those piggy scrubbers.  The only consolation being that we only let in four when it could easily have been six or seven.

We look so unfit and lacking in energy it is quite frankly scary.

Off the pitch we now have zero corporate clients left.

The match day ticket prices are an absolute disgrace.  There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for us being the most expensive in the division.

The complete farce with the kits is just unbelievable.  How can a serious corporate entity act with such incompetence?

The watches. What a c0ck up.

The cake - even that collapses.

The complete misreading of demand v price for the anniversary dinner.

We’ve lost our iconic badge.

We’ve lost or beautiful stripes.

We have an ageing squad on fat contracts and few saleable assets.

We are in a worse league position than when Chansiri took over.

We are less attractive to any potential new buyer than when Chansiri took over due to the wage bill.

Staff resigning left, right and centre. All blaming Chansiri.

Then to top it off, Chansiri appoints the CEO with the worse reputation in the country.

Some of our fans have lost all their grasp on what is actually important.

A few years ago we were on the brink but in the grand scheme our debts were few and our wage bill was small.  Salvation was sought and Milan saved us.

These are seriously scary times and it really wouldn’t take much to go wrong for us to sink to depths most fans never believed possible.

I actually have butterflies in my stomach. 

It must just just be a bad dream, somebody please wake me up.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 1

Totally agree dc has got bored his mate cc has gone and he's mad at the fans blaming us for him wanting to jump ship.He now brings in the new CEO to stabilise finances and set up to see how he can get out of this mess and keep himself from losing anymore money.I wouldn't be surprise if there's price tags on all saleable assetts ready for a fire sale.Very worrying times ahead

Totally agree and share the same feeling . . . We saw signs last term, how we won some of those games ?,  Rotherham being a standout for me. But finishing 4th made me think job done ala the year Middlesbrough went up for comparison. But then the luck evened out and we got what we deserved that night in May.

I am, at this moment in time actually embarrassed when the points in this thread are mentioned. . .  The kit, The ticket prices, 1867 offer etc, makes me cringe. 42 years of support and no that hasn’t been week in week out season ticket holding following from one end of the country to the other,  but it has been a total defence of anything this club has done, produced and stood for in that time. 

I know football has been ripped away from the grass roots supporters but I now feel I’m on the brink of losing the respect for the club that has for those 42 years led me on a rollercoaster of emotion. Being a football fan for 95% of us supporters is an illogical attachment. Well, I’m beginning to sober and see sense. 

This new CEO, seriously, could you see people like Megson or Pearson working with her?? Step forward the next "yes" man as manager of Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, simo said:

This new CEO, seriously, could you see people like Megson or Pearson working with her?? Step forward the next "yes" man as manager of Sheffield Wednesday

When DC ranted that he might start running things as a business, I think he's confirmed that he is about to. 

14 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

Totally agree and share the same feeling . . . We saw signs last term, how we won some of those games ?,  Rotherham being a standout for me. But finishing 4th made me think job done ala the year Middlesbrough went up for comparison. But then the luck evened out and we got what we deserved that night in May.

I am, at this moment in time actually embarrassed when the points in this thread are mentioned. . .  The kit, The ticket prices, 1867 offer etc, makes me cringe. 42 years of support and no that hasn’t been week in week out season ticket holding following from one end of the country to the other,  but it has been a total defence of anything this club has done, produced and stood for in that time. 

I know football has been ripped away from the grass roots supporters but I now feel I’m on the brink of losing the respect for the club that has for those 42 years led me on a rollercoaster of emotion. Being a football fan for 95% of us supporters is an illogical attachment. Well, I’m beginning to sober and see sense. 

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the 1867 fiasco!

22 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

Absolutely agree - was going to try and summarise my own feelings at this time, but you have done it so much better than I could!  

• Thanks 1

We should employ 11 full time staff each picking a different position for team selection, and another 11 tacticians each giving the players different tactics. Outsource out medical department to the NHS, appoint a sh** CEO to sit and take the heat for the Chairman, and tell the fans the manager is coming in 2 weeks. We have a team in mind..

Said Doyen :ph34r: