Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

4 hours ago, Spookone said:

I would look at things differently, a good squad of players, top 6 last 2 seasons, a large club with a large fan base and a chairman with money and ambition.

I would imagine there will be a lot of interest.

Rose coloured spectacles me thinks, did you go to brentford?

This appointment - Sheffield Wednesday need a name, give the fans a bit of confidence back, sell a few season tickets with the hope of prosperity 

Paul Lambert is a manager, who is normally on the merry go round every 18 months, had a couple of good seasons years back. Overrated, uninspiring and not Sheffield Wednesday 

I want a manager, who will get me excited again, the last time that happened, was the return of big Ron, next game we beat arsenal 2-0, it was a sell out people believed again. 

We need a name in football who the players will respect, whether it be a recent ex player with a pedigree (Neville, Gerrard, Giggs) or a household name who is achievable, or option C , "one of our own" Hurst or Megson. 

Personally id love Hurst to be given a go, but will never happen 

3 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

This appointment - Sheffield Wednesday need a name, give the fans a bit of confidence back, sell a few season tickets with the hope of prosperity 

Paul Lambert is a manager, who is normally on the merry go round every 18 months, had a couple of good seasons years back. Overrated, uninspiring and not Sheffield Wednesday 

I want a manager, who will get me excited again, the last time that happened, was the return of big Ron, next game we beat arsenal 2-0, it was a sell out people believed again. 

We need a name in football who the players will respect, whether it be a recent ex player with a pedigree (Neville, Gerrard, Giggs) or a household name who is achievable, or option C , "one of our own" Hurst or Megson. 

Personally id love Hurst to be given a go, but will never happen 

Lambert has got a far better CV than people give him credit for. I think he will get the job, and it would be a very solid appointment. Don't forget he spent time abroad with Dortmund and has made an impact both here and in Scotland. 

Re Hurst, he might turn out to be a world beater, but I wouldn't be risking my £75m investment on a young manager who has won a few games at Grimsby and Shrewsbury. 

If Wilder hadn't done so well, his name wouldn't get mentioned. 

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Lambert has got a far better CV than people give him credit for. I think he will get the job, and it would be a very solid appointment. Don't forget he spent time abroad with Dortmund and has made an impact both here and in Scotland. 

Re Hurst, he might turn out to be a world beater, but I wouldn't be risking my £75m investment on a young manager who has won a few games at Grimsby and Shrewsbury. 

If Wilder hadn't done so well, his name wouldn't get mentioned. 

Lamberts cv in the past 3 years has been abysmal 

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think some wouldn’t want Lambert because he is dreary/dull to listen to but his teams aren’t Pulis-like in style. And i had enough of funny interviews with Carlos windows and doors. 

I could see him doing to us what Hughton did at Brighton (stabilise then go for promotion).

Definitely a better option than stheeve Mclaren or Gus Poodyet 

Was going to say the same. Hughton was a solid, unspectacular appointment. Comparing their CVs, there is really no reason why Lambert couldn’t be a success with Wednesday. Some big club experience too. 

15 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

How’s it been abysmal? 

Partially relegating villa, almost relegating Blackburn and an average job at Wolves - I proberbly should have reprahsed it as, he hasn't achieved anything, he is a run of the mill manager, similar ilks are avaible everywhere, the reason he is out of work is a factor in itself.....he is linked with every championship job going

We should be aiming for better

9 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Partially relegating villa, almost relegating Blackburn and an average job at Wolves - I proberbly should have reprahsed it as, he hasn't achieved anything, he is a run of the mill manager, similar ilks are avaible everywhere, the reason he is out of work is a factor in itself.....he is linked with every championship job going

Like who? Realistically 

Edited by uptheowls

14 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I guess it depends on how you view things, at Villa he was given very little money to spend and had to use/buy a lot of young players to help them stay up. I think they didn’t get relegated with him in charge 

At Blackburn they were on the decline and he had to work with the venky’s, he took over in November and in May they finished a place higher than when he took over. He decided to leave them, not the other way round

Wolves were a sinking ship and he took over and stabilised them, helping them to finish 15th when they were 19th when he took over. They beat Klopp’s Liverpool at anfield in the fa cup.

At both Blackburn and wolves he was only there for about 7 months at each, so there’s no way of knowing if those clubs would have continued to progress in his first full season with them. 

But as you say, calling it abysmal is a bad choice of words 

Edited by Southie_Owl

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I guess it depends on how you view things, at Villa he was given very little money to spend and had to use/buy a lot of young players to help them stay up. I think they didn’t get relegated with him in charge 

At Blackburn they were on the decline and he had to work with the venky’s, he took over in November and in May they finished a place higher than when he took over. He decided to leave them, not the other way round

Wolves were a sinking ship and he took over and stabilised them, helping them to finish 15th when they were 19th when he took over. They beat Klopp’s Liverpool at anfield in the fa cup.

At both Blackburn and wolves he was only there for about 7 months at each, so there’s no watch of knowing if those clubs would have continued to progress in his first full season with them. 

But as you say, calling it abysmal is a bad choice of words 

But he hasn't achieved anything, he is a run of the mill manager who is on the job hunt every 12-18 months, he isn't in a job for a reason. Even CC got snapped up after 3 days. 

I dont want to avoid relegation, or be stable in the champinship I want to compete and get promoted, personally I don't think PL is the man to do so. 

Abysmal was a bad choice of words, but uninspiring isn't 

im just hoping it's bookies tales and he isn't even interested or linked with job