Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

I think some wouldn’t want Lambert because he is dreary/dull to listen to but his teams aren’t Pulis-like in style. And i had enough of funny interviews with Carlos windows and doors. 

I could see him doing to us what Hughton did at Brighton (stabilise then go for promotion).

Definitely a better option than stheeve Mclaren or Gus Poodyet 

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Realistically who else are we going to get? Bottom half of the table team, ageing/injured squad, massive expectactions of the fans, and a chairman with no real knowledge of the game who wont let you pick the players you want to sign! Bet theres a que a mile long of premiership managers wanting to come!

What makes you think ANY Premiere lge manager would come to a middling club like our's?.

Knows the league, appears to be well connected (although I've yet to see a bayern player do a stint for him) and I know it sounds like I'm playing us down in a way but,  There is a lot lot lot worse being connected with us. Dads been going Hillsborough over 50 years and Lambert is a name he has mentioned he's put forward for a while now. Probably for last 12 months actually.

As I mentioned earlier and As the youths put it these days   #couldgetsomeonealotcrapper

1 hour ago, maldenowl said:

But who do you want?

Tough question, hence the wide spectrum of views on here. It sort of depends on which pond we are fishing in.

I've always been a Big Mick fan, but I'm biased as I've known some of his family for years.

Also a Big Nige fan, again biased as he gave me some of my best times as a fan. The same for Meggo.

What I don't want to see is a journeyman or a foreign lifelong Swansea fan with a god awful CV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I've said this on here before but I'll go again...

Paul Lambert would be a good appointment.

He learnt his trade in the lower leagues with Colchester and moved up the ladder getting promoted from this level with Norwich, playing attacking football and smashing the league.

He then went on to Villa where people are too eager to say he did a bad job; I'd be more inclined to argue that he made the best of a bad situation, one from which they are still recovering. 

After a rocky job at Blackburn he did a good job at Wolves last season in stabilising them, allowing them to p*ss the league this term.

Would he be my first choice? No, but would he be a bad appointment, absolutely not.

Bang on pal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Realistically who else are we going to get? Bottom half of the table team, ageing/injured squad, massive expectactions of the fans, and a chairman with no real knowledge of the game who wont let you pick the players you want to sign! Bet theres a que a mile long of premiership managers wanting to come!

Snoots bang on the money!!

"Let's not kid ourselves here,  this is an attractive job and there will be literally hundreds and hundreds of managers  who would love to come here and will be asking their reps to sound the club out."

Chris  Kirkland 

"Maybe we do undersell ourselves. 

It does seem to be a Sheffield trait".

Undersell ourselves??

More like a terminal inferiority complex.

Maybe we could re hash the badge that's caused so much controversy, and have something in Latin that says "Not for likes of us".

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Intelligent bloke with unintelligible accent. 

We could do worse but I am a bit baffled as to what happened to him at Wolves. 

If he does come, betcha first signing is Ashley Westwood 

With jones n boyd to stay we could play Wallace and then have an all Burnley midfield.

Ben Marshall