Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why would we swap a guy who’s managing in the Premier League for someone who’s had a worse recent record

Carvalhal’s record in the Premier League is just one game - let’s see where Swansea are at the end of the season.

Lambert managed two clubs in that division over 3 and a half consecutive seasons and his record is respectable considering the squads and financial restraints of both Norwich and Villa compared to many other clubs in that league.

Lambert kept Norwich up in 2012, his replacement Hughton, took over that summer and within 2 years, the club were relegated in 2014.

Likewise, Lambert kept Villa up in 2013 and 2014, he was sacked in February 2015.  His replacement, Sherwood kept the club up that summer but by the summer of 2016, the club were relegated.

Which shows that other manages; Hughton, Garde, Sherwood were not be to successfully replicate the record that Lambert achieved at those clubs over a decent period of time.  Lambert wouldn’t be my first choice for manager but he would be a credible candidate IMO.

I don't want to be in safe hands. I want someone who will be exciting that will give us, as fans, something to look forward to. Someone who will galvanise the club and the fanbase. In the last few years we have had one season that's been like that. Even KPS promotion season was a seat of the pants thing. Let's have something to get us all going. Not safe hands!

26 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

These odds don,t mean owt, Brolly was 1/8 a few days ago. Now avb 6/4.

I would to be able to put £1000<if they would take it> on a so called outsider possibly Paul Hurst 25/1 skybet.

just tried to put 20 on hurst-they restricted me to £15

so good luck with that £1000

and 2 minutes later he is 20 from 25

Edited by waynecoyne14
  • Haha 1

Chansiri did well with his first managerial/head coach appointment whatever your views on Carlos.

I think he’s got a tough ask to bring in somebody better. I wouldn’t be too fussed with Lambert infact I would be very underwhelmed but if it is him, his task his to improve on what Carlos achieved. It won’t be easy but the one thing he does have going for him is experience but IMO not much else and I would be very surprised if he’s here as long as Carlos was.

My memory ain’t what is was but Lambert brought a side to Hillsborough while Carlos was with us, presumably Wolves?, and although we won I remember we were quite lucky against a side that played a fast attractive, attacking game.

Lambert would be ok by me

31 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I've said this on here before but I'll go again...

Paul Lambert would be a good appointment.

He learnt his trade in the lower leagues with Colchester and moved up the ladder getting promoted from this level with Norwich, playing attacking football and smashing the league.

He then went on to Villa where people are too eager to say he did a bad job; I'd be more inclined to argue that he made the best of a bad situation, one from which they are still recovering. 

After a rocky job at Blackburn he did a good job at Wolves last season in stabilising them, allowing them to p*ss the league this term.

Would he be my first choice? No, but would he be a bad appointment, absolutely not.

Alan Hansen said Lambert was a contender for manager of the season for keeping Villa in the PL and introducing young players successfully in to the 1st XI. 

47 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

For me it depends on what sort of package the Chairman is offering.

If it's an average one then you attract average journeyman managers like Lambert.

If he gets his big package out and waves it about a bit, then we may just attract someone a little more interesting.

I'm hoping he lobs it out and excites a few people.

But who do you want?

It would be great if we could get AVB but could we afford him and the players he would require and financial fair play!

So realistically PL is probably our best option.I would like to see Hurst here as his assistant.

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Lambert would be a solid if pretty uninspiring appointment