Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

He would, His Colchester side was brilliant. As was his Norwich side. Took this league to bits if I remember rightly. Did an underrated job at Villa by keeping them up with nothing. Went to Blackburn and had to work with the Venkys... not an easy job I'm sure you'd admit. 

Don't think he's been in work since has he? But yeah, I'd have him over the majority of suggestions so far

Converted me ... He's the man 

10 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Realistically who else are we going to get? Bottom half of the table team, ageing/injured squad, massive expectactions of the fans, and a chairman with no real knowledge of the game who wont let you pick the players you want to sign! Bet theres a que a mile long of premiership managers wanting to come!

I would look at things differently, a good squad of players, top 6 last 2 seasons, a large club with a large fan base and a chairman with money and ambition.

I would imagine there will be a lot of interest.

10 minutes ago, ramone said:

He would, His Colchester side was brilliant. As was his Norwich side. Took this league to bits if I remember rightly. Did an underrated job at Villa by keeping them up with nothing. Went to Blackburn and had to work with the Venkys... not an easy job I'm sure you'd admit. 

Don't think he's been in work since has he? But yeah, I'd have him over the majority of suggestions so far

His last job was wolves who were a bit of a sinking ship when he arrived and he stopped their decline, got them a midtable finish whilst winning at Liverpool in the fa cup. 

Not an exciting choice but we’d be in safe hands with him. 

I've said this on here before but I'll go again...

Paul Lambert would be a good appointment.

He learnt his trade in the lower leagues with Colchester and moved up the ladder getting promoted from this level with Norwich, playing attacking football and smashing the league.

He then went on to Villa where people are too eager to say he did a bad job; I'd be more inclined to argue that he made the best of a bad situation, one from which they are still recovering. 

After a rocky job at Blackburn he did a good job at Wolves last season in stabilising them, allowing them to p*ss the league this term.

Would he be my first choice? No, but would he be a bad appointment, absolutely not.

• Like 1

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

He learnt his trade in the lower leagues with Colchester and moved up the ladder getting promoted from this level with Norwich, playing attacking football and smashing the league.

He then went on to Villa where people are too eager to say he did a bad job; I'd be more inclined to argue that he made the best of a bad situation, one from which they are still recovering. 

After a rocky job at Blackburn he did a good job at Wolves last season in stabilising them, allowing them to p*ss the league this term.

Would he be my first choice? No, but would he be a bad appointment, absolutely not.

Exactly this.

He isn’t my first choice either but I would still find it a sensible appointment should DC make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

100% this

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

His last job was wolves who were a bit of a sinking ship when he arrived and he stopped their decline, got them a midtable finish whilst winning at Liverpool in the fa cup. 

Not an exciting choice but we’d be in safe hands with him. 

Spot on