Players "faking" unfitness

Dot

12 hours ago, WMJ4ever said:

I have felt this for quite some time unfortunately. Players nowadays are too mollycoddled and happy to sit around on their collective arses feigning injury, as another 30,000 pounds plops into each of their bank accounts.. easy money. There's no heart or desire there anymore. It's years since I last saw a Mick Lyons-type attitude in a player who would play through the pain barrier and make those around him do likewise... then do it all again the next match..

Well said, agree with you totally on this, the players sneeze today and they're reaching for the contract.

Being a footballer must be one of the greatest and enjoyable jobs on the planet. 

Being an injured footballer must be one of the most frustrating. 

Living your dream, being deemed good enough. But always being injured.

Don't know about faking unfitness. 

I suspect id be telling porkies to try and get back in the team ahead of schedule such would be my desperation to play again 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Being a footballer must be one of the greatest and enjoyable jobs on the planet. 

I suspect id be telling porkies to try and get back in the team ahead of schedule such would be my desperation to play again 

Why when they can be sat on their arse picking up the same wage, I don't believe all players are so desperate to want to play myself

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Depends on your attitude & morals mi lord. I'm with you but for every grafter, there's a shirker. Happy to sit on his 'arris & collect a wage. Makes my blood boil, but it's a fact of life / society, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why when they can be sat on their arse picking up the same wage, I don't believe all players are so desperate to want to play myself

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Depends on your attitude & morals mi lord. I'm with you but for every grafter, there's a shirker. Happy to sit on his 'arris & collect a wage. Makes my blood boil, but it's a fact of life / society, sadly.

Well sadly you might be right chaps. But I just find it incredible that with such a dream job, and such a short career, anyone would waste any chance they had to play. 

It's not as if they are up scoffolds working on roof tops in the freezing  weeing rain 8 hours a day.

Ahh...for the days when the wage slip was  75% appearance and bonus fees. Folks weren't out long injured then!

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well sadly you might be right chaps. But I just find it incredible that with such a dream job, and such a short career, anyone would waste any chance they had to play. 

It's not as if they are up scoffolds working on roof tops in the freezing  weeing rain 8 hours a day.

Ahh...for the days when the wage slip was  75% appearance and bonus fees. Folks weren't out long injured then!

The folly of youth, wasted on the young. Considering approx. one in a thousand who play, make the grade at pro level, you'd think they'd be banging the door down to get on the training ground.

Was told by a very good friend of Tony Toms many years ago that a certain striker didn't feign injuries but whinged about the slightest knocks and pulls all the time. Didn't get much sympathy though 

lol

Edited by darra

31 minutes ago, darra said:

Was told by a very good friend of Tony Toms many years ago that a certain striker didn't feign injuries but whinged about the slightest knocks and pulls all the time. Didn't get much sympathy though 

lol

Bet it wasn't big Andy Mac 

• Like 1