Players "faking" unfitness

Dot

The excuse of the number of games played in a short time is well overdone.. Until recently, players were often expected to play Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, and New Year's Eve.This would be on pitches whch would be considered unplayable today. I recently watched the video 'Keep the Ball in the Bag@ about pur ' Cup run. We have rumbled about the state of our pitch (before Desso) but anyone watching games as they were then would ask 'Are modern footballers mollycoddled'

I have never understood why modern day players get injured so much. I used to play Saturday and Sunday on rubbish pitches, play indoor footy once or twice a week and train one other night and cycle to work (40 hours in a warehouse) and back (3 miles each way) and apart from the odd sprained ankle I was never injured. I realise it wasn't at the high level these lads are at, but I didn't have free medical care, free gym, dieticians etc etc.

2 minutes ago, mike312 said:

I have never understood why modern day players get injured so much. I used to play Saturday and Sunday on rubbish pitches, play indoor footy once or twice a week and train one other night and cycle to work (40 hours in a warehouse) and back (3 miles each way) and apart from the odd sprained ankle I was never injured. I realise it wasn't at the high level these lads are at, but I didn't have free medical care, free gym, dieticians etc etc.

It's the length that they're out for these days that gets me - months, and they seem to struggle when they eventually come back.

Growing up, some players had injuries that finished them Prendo, Paul Bradshaw etc, but these we're one offs. Half our squad or three quarters of our 'first team' are injured.

I mean did Boyd fall off a mountain to achieve his life-threatening upper body injury?

1 minute ago, Animis said:

It's the length that they're out for these days that gets me - months, and they seem to struggle when they eventually come back.

Growing up, some players had injuries that finished them Prendo, Paul Bradshaw etc, but these we're one offs. Half our squad or three quarters of our 'first team' are injured.

I mean did Boyd fall off a mountain to achieve his life-threatening upper body injury?

Good point. I thought Boyd injured his shoulder? He could have had his arm amputated and been back before now. He got injured on the 9th of September.

4 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

always said if a players injured over a period of time ,say a month or over .they should have their wage halved or not paid at all,theyd be motivated to return then.

or we could beat em with a big stick till they agree to play lol

Guest Hillsborough Mole
14 minutes ago, sammo said:

Westwood isn't seriously injured and wants to leave the club

FACT

Holds much more sway if you post it like that