Liam Palmers belly

Dot

Compare and contrast our slobs with Van Aken and it shows it's a cultural matter for UK players still to sink too much lager.

In fact, De Canio and Carbonne were always 10 times fitter than Brits, hence so many last -minute winners.

But fittest ever was magic Mahjid who didn't drink and , though a stopper , was faster and fitter than our wingers. 

Lambert's got a massive fitness job here.

• Haha 1

Carlos' whole training philosophy was that every bit of training you do is with the ball at your feet. No real fitness stuff, no sprints, little time in the gym (unless you take it upon yourself to do so). Everything is on a training pitch with a ball at your feet.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out that could be the source of some of our issues. Lack of fitness, lack of sharpness on the pitch, struggling to get out of the gate at kick off, struggling to close out a game, struggling to work through consecutive games. A lack of general fitness could also contribute to general injuries and the problems we've had with that.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 03:09, davey_wells said:

I think there has been a rather massive overreaction going on here tonight.

On Owlstalk? Never, I don't believe posters on here would over react. It's just not done.

11 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Carlos' whole training philosophy was that every bit of training you do is with the ball at your feet. No real fitness stuff, no sprints, little time in the gym (unless you take it upon yourself to do so). Everything is on a training pitch with a ball at your feet.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out that could be the source of some of our issues. Lack of fitness, lack of sharpness on the pitch, struggling to get out of the gate at kick off, struggling to close out a game, struggling to work through consecutive games. A lack of general fitness could also contribute to general injuries and the problems we've had with that.

A lot of things certainly start to make sense.

shocking to have blub like that for a pro athlete, with the resources  availible to him, he should be looking mint.

obviously he's not fat but that is excess he's carrying. 

is it really that hard just to keep yourself in a decent shape?