Tavernier

Not consistent enough, or of good enough quality. The Scottish Premier League is on a par with League 1. I’ve watched Rangers a few times this season and he hasn’t stood out before.

Please stop judging players on one game. Managers would prefer consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 performers than one that can occasionally turn out a 9/10 performance.

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Not consistent enough, or of good enough quality. The Scottish Premier League is on a par with League 1. I’ve watched Rangers a few times this season and he hasn’t stood out before.

Please stop judging players on one game. Managers would prefer consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 performers than one that can occasionally turn out a 9/10 performance.

Agree, but rangers did turn us over at home, ok friendly but the writing was on the wall for our poor start to the season

57 minutes ago, soldierowl said:

He's had a good game and it is against Celtic, who are not League 1 standard.

I don’t agree with that. 

They wound do half decent in the Championship. 

As for Tavenier:

No better than Hunt or Palmer. Stood out in a game devoid of quality. 

Guest shawie99

Watched the game today.

Awful game by 2 average teams. one of which is supposed to be the best in the league by miles.

No wonder celtic had that 60 odd game unbeaten run.

A run that beat a previous record....held by cetic..garbage league

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Always makes me laugh when people on here compare the Scottish Prem to League 1. Talk about deluded. lol

You seem to have strong opinions on the SPL for someone who hasn’t even got a clue about the constituent sides of the SPL.

There are just three teams who have managed to get into double figures in terms of wins from their 20-odd fixtures so far this season, Celtic, Aberdeen, and Rangers. 

Aberdeen and Rangers are very ordinary sides. I know, I’ve watched them a few times this season. Celtic are the only side you could describe as being a half decent footballing side. Would probably survive in the Premiership, or be in the top half of the Championship. The other clubs are of League 1, or at best, at a push, lower reaches of the Championship standard.

An opinion from someone who watches SPL football, and has a Hibs supporting friend who agrees with my statement. They are also in the SPL in case you didn’t know that either.

Before calling me deluded, make sure you know what you’re talking about. You know bugger all.

51 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You seem to have strong opinions on the SPL for someone who hasn’t even got a clue about the constituent sides of the SPL.

There are just three teams who have managed to get into double figures in terms of wins from their 20-odd fixtures so far this season, Celtic, Aberdeen, and Rangers. 

Aberdeen and Rangers are very ordinary sides. I know, I’ve watched them a few times this season. Celtic are the only side you could describe as being a half decent footballing side. Would probably survive in the Premiership, or be in the top half of the Championship. The other clubs are of League 1, or at best, at a push, lower reaches of the Championship standard.

An opinion from someone who watches SPL football, and has a Hibs supporting friend who agrees with my statement. They are also in the SPL in case you didn’t know that either.

Before calling me deluded, make sure you know what you’re talking about. You know bugger all.

Sorry Simon, I like you a lot and have a lot of respect for your posts but to suggest Celtic are no better than League 1 is just ridiculous. Rangers came to Hillsborough pre season and I watched them outplay us in every area without breaking into second gear, we didn't have a clue how to play them. Yes there are some teams in the SPL that would struggle in the Champ but thats why its generally a 2 horse race. 

2 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Sorry Simon, I like you a lot and have a lot of respect for your posts but to suggest Celtic are no better than League 1 is just ridiculous. Rangers came to Hillsborough pre season and I watched them outplay us in every area without breaking into second gear, we didn't have a clue how to play them. Yes there are some teams in the SPL that would struggle in the Champ but thats why its generally a 2 horse race. 

Well, I like you too, just don’t like being called delusional. We’ll agree to differ fellow owl. Gizza kiss and make up xxx. lol