Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

11 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

If you are clinging on to the last faint hope of the play offs, rest your fingers, it'll make you feel much better. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with making the play offs or not, it's injury prevention. There's no point risking more injuries to our already injury-hit team, it's simply not worth it.

Guest RocketOwl
11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Whoever said Footie fans are fickle?

A 3-0 away win then one-nil down after 20 and you lose it!

I wasnt one of them. Carlos managed the odd good result.

I was hopeful Bullen had seen we needed the pace of Joao. It worked as expected and yet now he reverts back to a slow pedestrian front line and in turn dripping Joao - our best player at forest and also a confidence player! It's a joke. 

Guest RocketOwl
7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No ones managed to beat Brentford for 11 games at their ground. Never mind our injury ridden patched up side. They're well drilled and are attacking and pacy, going to do well to get anything today and to think otherwise would be unrealistic. Especially with our out of form season. We just need to ride this through and plan for the future. It's going to take a bit longer than a week or so to turn this around. Can't believe you expect us to suddenly click into top 6 form? You are going to get a lot angrier as the season continues I imagine. 

Don't expect us to drop one of the better players in the last game. 

Guest RocketOwl
9 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

We were arguably the better team until Loovens' mistake. Still in this, and got potential for impact from the bench, especially in Joao.

My argument is why wait till we are 1-0 down for Joao to have an impact. 

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I was hopeful Bullen had seen we needed the pace of Joao. It worked as expected and yet now he reverts back to a slow pedestrian front line and in turn dripping Joao - our best player at forest and also a confidence player! It's a joke. 

Joao is hardly JJ so stop exaggerating, the win at Forest wasn't down to Joao's pace. We moved the ball forward faster and had more legs in midfield with Reach.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Joao was knackered at the end of the Forest game, he hasn’t played much first team stuff this season and his pace will be more needed and useable on Monday, that’s not to say he won’t get some game time in the second half to help get him back up to full match fitness

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, TheEnchanter said:

So all that tantrum for 1 player that's been rotated. :laugh:

He doesn't need rotating.

Theoughout his whole career at Wednesday whenever he starts to look good he gets taken out. We are left watching one of the coaches sons struggle through another 90 mins. Can you see him scoring the goal Joao did last week?