Oddschecker

11 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

Wish we'd just appoint someone!

So, let's just appoint anybody, for the sake of it and so we don't have to wait hey - I do wonder if your choice of speedy appointment in hindsight in a few months time, would prove to be a good move, I would think not.

22 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We are notoriously slow at everything whether it be kit launch, signings or managerial appointments... So this doesn’t surprise me and it still wouldn’t surprise me if we still don’t have a manager in place when we go to BL.

The thought of it sends shudders down my spine.

7 hours ago, robster_owl said:

So, let's just appoint anybody, for the sake of it and so we don't have to wait hey - I do wonder if your choice of speedy appointment in hindsight in a few months time, would prove to be a good move, I would think not.

Agreed, I am just impatient.

If we can get walloped by three at home against Burton, God knows how we'll do at the Lane.

We definitely need someone in before the derby.

It's incumbent upon Chansiri to get his finger out, or this season is going to plumb new depths.

Personally, I hold Chansiri totally and utterly to blame for this mess.

If he'd have let Carlos walk away in the summer, all of this could have been avoided.

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

No contingency plan, the wriiting was on the wall weeks/months ago for CC.

Boro had some one in nearly straight away.

I think he’s looking for a buyer as well, probably because of all the abuse.

Lots of moving parts when negotiating bringing in a new manager and potential back room staff. Teams way more professionally run and with more money than us can take months to make the right appointment and then sack the guy within 12 months. It’s a tough decision for any club

• Like 1

Villas Boas is 12-1 no evidence of odds shortening and unlikely to be anywhere near being appointed at 12-1. if a manager faile at Chelsea and Tottenham where he had resources and players what gives somebody indication he will succeed at Hillsborough.

There  was one firm which shortened Poyet to 6-1 he was AVBs assistant I believe. In view of clubs stance I could not see them appointing a personof his type.

Very quiet not even any speculation lull before storm perhaps. Another result like last two and Dc will be forced to act.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If we can get walloped by three at home against Burton, God knows how we'll do at the Lane.

We definitely need someone in before the derby.

It's incumbent upon Chansiri to get his finger out, or this season is going to plumb new depths.

Personally, I hold Chansiri totally and utterly to blame for this mess.

If he'd have let Carlos walk away in the summer, all of this could have been avoided.

Its only another game :carlosswfc:fattybear

10 hours ago, robster_owl said:

Fools rush in.....

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Fools rush in.....

Fools also have no plan.

How can the results have gone the way they have and you get to a point where you sack your manager and don’t know his successor?

It baffles me.

It was hardly out of the blue.

Even if he thought he was going to stick with Carlos, surely you have your contingency plan mapped out?

Or is that just what you do when running a proper business?

16 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Fools also have no plan.

How can the results have gone the way they have and you get to a point where you sack your manager and don’t know his successor?

It baffles me.

It was hardly out of the blue.

Even if he thought he was going to stick with Carlos, surely you have your contingency plan mapped out?

Or is that just what you do when running a proper business?

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

• Like 1

Think reason for delay is trying for managers could not het at this point. Also think some others who perhaps lack same lustre as high profile names not impressed with deal until end of season.

Something will have to give but suspect we may be into next week before it does.