Oddschecker

I use this site a lot to compare odds and I have never seen a longer list for a manager job. Funnily enough the two shortest priced would probably be along the most not wanted by the fans. A few outsiders have had bits of money but nothing serious yet

.https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sheff-wed/next-permanent-manager

1 minute ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

Might be me but if he's not coming why aren't people laying off the bet on the betting exchange's?

He's still odds on with every bookmaker and be the next manager.

Money to be made?

especially after Junny categorically stated on here  "He had turned us down"...don't Ladbrokes follow Junny?

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, bradowl said:

This is posted in latest odds thread but this will be easier to find being first post.

I posted link in other thread did it for exactly that reason so would not keep having different threads quoting all different sites.

Andre Villas Boas odds shortened to 12-1. Funny thing is he quit his last job so he could drive in Dakar Rally next month. It lasts until mid month. Really odd betting i suspect DC is not doing anything serious until after 1st re comments to Billen so would expect no informed movement until after then.

I too heard this morning McClaren was offered job until end of season and he was not happy with this. It would explain why lots of bets for him to take job.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

I posted link in other thread did it for exactly that reason so would not keep having different threads quoting all different sites.

Andre Villas Boas odds shortened to 12-1. Funny thing is he quit his last job so he could drive in Dakar Rally next month. It lasts until mid month. Really odd betting i suspect DC is not doing anything serious until after 1st re comments to Billen so would expect no informed movement until after then.

I too heard this morning McClaren was offered job until end of season and he was not happy with this. It would explain why lots of bets for him to take job.

where did you hear re McClaren?

I am a professional gambler for a living and speak to folks who have interests in and around betting, There was money for McClaren from known sources but then message came back not on as reason per above. can not say its definite but something triggered money so Star saying meeting took place is likely to be true and with both sides saying nothing happen its probable.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I use this site a lot to compare odds and I have never seen a longer list for a manager job. Funnily enough the two shortest priced would probably be along the most not wanted by the fans. A few outsiders have had bits of money but nothing serious yet

.https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sheff-wed/next-permanent-manager

Lists just about every footballer there's ever been doesn't it?

I actually tried to find an ex Wednesday player considering management who is not on list. Found two Steve Nicol and Nigel Worthington I thought should start a thread and see if we could get them included so as not to feel left out

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
31 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am a professional gambler for a living and speak to folks who have interests in and around betting, There was money for McClaren from known sources but then message came back not on as reason per above. can not say its definite but something triggered money so Star saying meeting took place is likely to be true and with both sides saying nothing happen its probable.

Would love your job.

I am just really kak at it

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Would love your job.

I am just really kak at it

Several have said that but when they see whats involved they are not always keen. i did it part time for over 20 years and been full time for about 12 years.

Key for me is specialization in certain areas.

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Several have said that but when they see whats involved they are not always keen. i did it part time for over 20 years and been full time for about 12 years.

Key for me is specialization in certain areas.

Fair play to you mate.

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Bookies will not accept a big bet on next manager markets, lucky to get £75 on.

Not that I would want to, but for me Bullen seems good value @6/1

The bookies like the 'names' and know the fans do too.

Win tomorrow and his odds will shorten, possibly odds on.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Win tomorrow and his odds will shorten, possibly odds on.

Exactly my thoughts, so in effect I've had £20 on Wednesday winning tomoz at 6/1 instead of 7/2, with a chance he could still get the job even if we lose.

Of course I am assuming DC has no one lined up.

30 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Bookies will not accept a big bet on next manager markets, lucky to get £75 on.

Not that I would want to, but for me Bullen seems good value @6/1

The bookies like the 'names' and know the fans do too.

I can see where you are coming from on this one. If you are in the seat you always stand a better chance.

On the down side we are somewhat non standard when it comes to doing things and he could win three games and still not get job.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Or maybe a journalist chanced his arm at a speculative piece and the bookies played the punters like an old banjo.

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

I can see where you are coming from on this one. If you are in the seat you always stand a better chance.

On the down side we are somewhat non standard when it comes to doing things and he could win three games and still not get job.

Yep I agree, but given this season is a write off, DC will be in no hurry.

TBF I would think it highly unlikely if we were just off the play-offs or looked to be heading for relegation battles.

We are neither so it would make perfect sense to give him the rest of the season, If I were DC I would be concerned about giving a 'name' a two-year deal because that is what they would want at the very least, not to mention a wad of cash this Jan.

A hurried panic move now could turn into a disaster.

Safest option Bullen and 6/1.

I'm not saying it is the right move or the wrong move, but as punter just weighing up the options.....and trying to get in the head of a multi-millionaire Thai business man.

:carlos:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Q. In your professional opinion do you actually think this market is for real ?

Having known CW for sometime he must be rather amused to see his name on this list.

Only my opinion, but the next manager odds market is just another way for the scumbag bookies to fleece the mug punter.

Ravinelli ? Really ?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Q. In your professional opinion do you actually think this market is for real ?

Having known CW for sometime he must be rather amused to see his name on this list.

Only my opinion, but the next manager odds market is just another way for the scumbag bookies to fleece the mug punter.

Ravinelli ? Really ?

imo it defo is