George Hirst

3 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No, because he wants too much money. He’s wanting the same as what some of the first team regulars are on. With or without CC I can’t see the club stance changing on Hirst.

No he doesn't, he wants the best deal for himself like anyone would, don't believe everything your told by the wonderful Mr Chansiri, not always the most truthful of people that man, when I saw best deal for himself I don't mean in a financial sense either .

Edited by Owl999

Guest Jack the Hat

Being a big Hirsty fan I was looking forward to seeing George develop. Personally I think he will make the grade and play in the premier league but I could be wrong. I'm gutted Wednesday won't be part of his journey but have now come to terms with it. There is nothing wrong with g hirst threads whilst he is still here which won't be much longer. Like most I think the issue is with the chairman not the ex manager.

Expect him to leave in January, but maybe a new manager opening to door to some first team minutes between now and the end of the season and some negotiation on his contract reflecting his status as a first team squad player may see a change of heart from the player.

My feeling is however that too much water has passed under the bridge and he will leave. At least it will be £1.5-2m towards re balancing the squad.

Clearly from what has now been said from the Hirst camp from Carlton Palmer DC is not telling the whole leaving out the big £10,000 a week loan fee they were asking for a player then are only will to offer £3,000 a week. 

Clearly DC does not have the future of the club at heart and the amount of mistakes made everywhere else in the club he is trying to get money where ever he can, so why he does not trim the over the top wage bill by getting rid of some of the drains on the club in Nuihu, Abdi, Matias, Fletcher, Rhodes is beyond me but to ask for £10,000 a week for an unproven kid who we want to go on loan to improve him is seriously beyond me.

To then not sign him up because he and his advisers have asked for more money is clearly nievaty by our chairman as who would they be, if they did not try to get the most they could, it is called negotiating and for someone who is meant to be a businessman how can he not have come across this practice before. George Hirst is the best young player we have had for 20+ years and you only need to look at S2 to a player of a similar standard who with correct guidance has flourished and in January could fetch them in the millions when they sell him. Surely nurturing and developing the youth could pay for all the costly mistakes DC has made up to now and help us to build for the future.

At the very least either make sure there is a sell on clause in his deal in January so we get a payday down the line like Sheff Utd with Maguire or Barnsley with Stones these sell on got more than the original fees made or get him out on loan for the rest of the season a young player sat at home is worth a lost less than one that has gone out on loan and scored 10-15 goals at league 1 or 2 level when it comes to tribunal time and what he is worth.

2 hours ago, Helen Waddle said:

What I don't understand (because I'm not well informed) is why he's still employed/paid by us but not playing.  Anyone explain? 

No different to McGugan, Bus, Dielna, etc etc... He’s not considered to be part of the long term strategy so whilst ever CC was here GH wasn’t considered. As someone else has said on here that may change if and when a new head coach / manager is appointed?

Guest Jack the Hat

Hang on. Stop the press. David Hirst 28-1 to be next manager with the totally credible sky bet. Maybe George will stay on as player/director of football!

6 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Hope he ends up warming some PL bench and then disappear into lower league obscurity, if the club’s version of how the situation is true. Shame, but the club are right to not panda to money-grabbing antics

No mate DC does not have a clue you only have to look at the way the rest of the club is run.

GH will go on to have a very good career and make what every team he ends up at a lot of money when they sell him on for millions.

9 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Hope he ends up warming some PL bench and then disappear into lower league obscurity, if the club’s version of how the situation is true. Shame, but the club are right to not panda to money-grabbing antics

Is that the bear truth.

• Haha 3

I don't really care anymore.

He's a cracking prospect but if DC's statement is to be believed then George or more specifically his advisors have created a situation where the focus has become more about money than career although I'm sure his advisors would put a different spin on it.

He'll probably sign for a Premier club on Monday, go out on loan to a League 1 or 2 side & we move on.

Why should we pay him as much as say wildsmith or Joao get?

Our problem is an Everton or Leicester or Swansea can pay him that much. So with his greedy dad's word and agents advice in his ear he Was never going to sign for us. 

To be fair to him I'd probably do exactly the same too

23 minutes ago, Saskatoon owl said:

GH is probably training at another club getting ready for January to come and playing games behind closed doors to keep his fitness up . Can’t see his dad letting him become a waisted talant under the circumstances.

Go on then how does that work lol Jessus H Christ...they can't even go out for a pint without someone taking a photo of them but he can go and train with another team whilst on the books at SWFC...hahahaha

5 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

Why should we pay him as much as say wildsmith or Joao get?

Our problem is an Everton or Leicester or Swansea can pay him that much. So with his greedy dad's word and agents advice in his ear he Was never going to sign for us. 

To be fair to him I'd probably do exactly the same too

If the club really wanted to be vindictive he'd have been playing for the U17s, U18's and U21's every week lol 

34 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

No he doesn't, he wants the best deal for himself like anyone would, don't believe everything your told by the wonderful Mr Chansiri, not always the most truthful of people that man, when I saw best deal for himself I don't mean in a financial sense either .

It's all about money, and George has been badly advised. Even if he is leaving then he has denied himself playing for months, which is not good for any youngsters development. Be better for all parties when he has gone, and time will tell if he makes or not.