George Hirst

56 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No, because he wants too much money. He’s wanting the same as what some of the first team regulars are on. With or without CC I can’t see the club stance changing on Hirst.

Unless someone persuades DC otherwise...

If someone new (or someone existing whose opinion didn’t have much influence) thinks Hirst is a potential regular first team player then I’m sure he would get paid accordingly. 

17 minutes ago, Helen Waddle said:

What I don't understand (because I'm not well informed) is why he's still employed/paid by us but not playing.  Anyone explain? 

because he as a contract to the end of june .......he's not refused to play so he's not broken it and the club i'd guess don't see they point of playing him in the dev squad if he isnt going to be here next season .they could release him from his contract and lose a few million quid but I don't see them going down that route

45 minutes ago, Helen Waddle said:

What I don't understand (because I'm not well informed) is why he's still employed/paid by us but not playing.  Anyone explain? 

It makes very little sense unless there's more too it than we know, which is often the case in disputes of this type.

After all if you're resigned to losing a player why not play him/showcase him to add to his value?

Am I the only one sick of all the GH threads, he is potentially exciting but he hasn’t had a run of games in professional football anywhere and everyone is treating him like he’s his dad or something! People need to remember John Bostock and also that GH wouldn’t get near our current first team. If he is going to be petulant and refuse to sign- and try and get 15k a week plus then I’d rather get rid and have someone who wants to be here.