Will Carlos attempt to sign Bannan?

1 hour ago, Kermit Flump said:

Hope CC doesn’t come in for Nuhiu. Be gutted to lose him to the big league. 

Stunning that the Nuhiu haters even find a way to slag him in a thread like this!  You obviously didn’t go to the Boro match where he showed the character and ability that those who truly know about the game are fully aware he possesses, 

He’s been in my opinion, unfairly slated and criticised by large vocal sections of the fan base for a long time, yet despite that, the minute he’s called upon he comes on and puts a shift in. Whether that be at Ipswich where he comes on and rescues us a last minute point or when he’s picked in the starting line up on merit as with the Boro game.He doesn’t let us down.

There’s a few of our recent players that could take a leaf out of his book.

In all seriousness, if Leon Clarke can hold his own in the Championship, there’s no reason Atdhe couldn’t do a job for Swansea. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We win a game without Bannan and everyone wants to get rid of him. It would be a big disappointment if we lose him in January. Overall, he has been our best player this season. I would argue he would be even better if we had some pace and movement ahead of him and he was playing in a fluid team.  We should not get rid of him unless it’s ridiculous money.

Bannan wont be going anywhere unless a stupid offer comes in chansiri not a walk over he turned down bids for all our good players

Personally if Cc comes in for Bannan and Westwood. 

Have them both for 15m. 

BB 10

KW 5

Seems fair to me! We have numerous other Cm’s and quality with Wildsmith and Dawson in goal. 

We’ve allegedly been restricted by FFP from making any big purchases, so it would allow a new head coach/DOF scope to bring in some needed pace into the team. 

Although he’s our current top scorer, I’d also cash in on Hooper if we can for 7m plus (his age prohibits much higher value) and release his wage. 

Get in some young blood, use Rhodes and Joao upfront with Abdi sat behind in a 3 pronged attack. 

Use the money wisely and buy a couple of quality fast players and go for it. Still 22 games left. If we can 17 wins out of that, we can still make it. 

Most seasons a team sitting far back in the table will make a run and make it up there! I seem to recall last season that Fulham were mid table at this stage and really put a run together. 

No reason we cant do that! 

4 hours ago, Tudders said:

Stunning that the Nuhiu haters even find a way to slag him in a thread like this!  You obviously didn’t go to the Boro match where he showed the character and ability that those who truly know about the game are fully aware he possesses, 

He’s been in my opinion, unfairly slated and criticised by large vocal sections of the fan base for a long time, yet despite that, the minute he’s called upon he comes on and puts a shift in. Whether that be at Ipswich where he comes on and rescues us a last minute point or when he’s picked in the starting line up on merit as with the Boro game.He doesn’t let us down.

In all seriousness, if Leon Clarke can hold his own in the Championship, there’s no reason Atdhe couldn’t do a job for Swansea

ce1x5VblkD69i.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Personally if Cc comes in for Bannan and Westwood. 

Have them both for 15m. 

BB 10

KW 5

Seems fair to me! We have numerous other Cm’s and quality with Wildsmith and Dawson in goal. 

We’ve allegedly been restricted by FFP from making any big purchases, so it would allow a new head coach/DOF scope to bring in some needed pace into the team. 

Although he’s our current top scorer, I’d also cash in on Hooper if we can for 7m plus (his age prohibits much higher value) and release his wage. 

Get in some young blood, use Rhodes and Joao upfront with Abdi sat behind in a 3 pronged attack. 

Use the money wisely and buy a couple of quality fast players and go for it. Still 22 games left. If we can 17 wins out of that, we can still make it. 

Most seasons a team sitting far back in the table will make a run and make it up there! I seem to recall last season that Fulham were mid table at this stage and really put a run together. 

No reason we cant do that! 

I admire your optimism, but you're talking about us going on a better run than Wolves have been on to win 17 of our next 22 games. I can't see it, considering we've won 7 of 24 so far!

Also, Fulham were six points off the top six with a game in hand on the five teams directly above them after 24 games last season; we're eleven points off the top six at the same stage, but without the game in hand.

7 hours ago, Tudders said:

In all seriousness, if Leon Clarke can hold his own in the Championship, there’s no reason Atdhe couldn’t do a job for Swansea. 

I don’t hate the chap at all.

The reason he’s a point of ridicule however is because his ability is far below what’s required at our club.

The reason I mentioned him, is because this thread is about CC potentially coming back for one of his favourite players.

Nuhiu got more time on the pitch than he should have under CC, so perhaps he will come back for him too.

As for not letting us down. 3 goals in 3 years from a striker is letting us down IMO.

I didn’t go to the Boro game, but I did go away to Brum last season (to highlight only one game/example - as you have) and saw him commit 3-4 fouls in 10 mins, which heaped the pressure on us, as it allowed Birmingham to pump the ball into the box repeatedly - and we lost our lead, and the game. 

He costs us more games through inviting pressure due to fouling the opposition - than he gains us through scoring goals. 

But you are the football expert (according to your opening gambit), so I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game/players and admit defeat.....

<insert meme of your choice to highlight my sarcasm>

9 hours ago, unkastav said:

Just because Westwood is one of our best players doesnt mean Swansea need him, Fabianski is a decent premier league keeper. Lees much more likely to be a target

Fabianski is a better keeper than Westwood with less injuries . Having said that Carlos is daft enough to sign another keeper on big money . It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if wildsmith carried on his Boxing Day performance . 

I wouldnt   want bannan to go , and if they were to sign any other of our players they may as well admit relegation there and then so it’s unlikely 

a 3 million bid for Wallace and fletcher would be more the welcomed though :carlos: