Will Carlos attempt to sign Bannan?

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We win a game without Bannan and everyone wants to get rid of him. It would be a big disappointment if we lose him in January. Overall, he has been our best player this season. I would argue he would be even better if we had some pace and movement ahead of him and he was playing in a fluid team.  We should not get rid of him unless it’s ridiculous money.

I disagree with your reasoning.

It's not that we win or lose without Bannan, it's merely because to me, we play a lot more proactive and less protracted without him.

Bannan demands and is allowed to be the focal point.   That works sometimes, but not always.    He is at his level unless he can change his play to stop demanding being the focal point of the team, and i'm not sure he can.

Edited by a_weishaupt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Last time we won away at Forest 3-0 Bannan was sent off. We won the next three without him.

That said, Bannan has arguably been our best player over the last 2 1/2 seasons. But the best players don't always make the best team. I'm coming round to the view that we need a midfield of Hutch/Jones plus two of Lee/Abdi/Reach/Hooper. Bannan is increasingly a bit of a misfit for me. 

So if we can sell for a good fee, I'd do it.

We had a decent run in 2015\16 when Bannan was out injured for a couple of months

its about balance in the squad but having variation. Don’t think we have either at the minute so not against Bannan going if we can get 2 players in positions we need in

He can take any of our players as long as the price he pays massively benefits us.

Players leave teams and often newly appointed managers recruit players from their former clubs. It’s the way of the football world. 

We also need the cash. 

Expect departures to Swansea in the coming transfer window. 

54 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

What did you pay for him? 

Bannan was free I believe. So getting 4-5m for him would be a good bit of business, really.

He's our best midfielder, but as others have stated we can only play 1 way with him in the team. We won 3-0 away at Forest with 10 players out injured but Bully went 4-3-3 and gave the players room to improvise and attack on the counter and it worked amazingly. If Bannan was in the squad that never would have happened at all. Sometimes selling your best asset for good money won't wreck the team in the long run and I'd rather cash in now if a good offer came in.