BREAKING NEWS - McCLAREN UNLIKELY TO BE NEW SWFC MANAGER

10 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

Stiil odds on with all the bookies.

strange.

Former England manager Steve McClaren is not in the frame to take over at Sheffield Wednesday. The Star understands that talks had taken place between the two parties but sources at Hillsborough have now said that McClaren is not a contender to take over from Carlos Carvalhal.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/steve-mcclaren-not-a-contender-for-sheffield-wednesday-job-1-8931061

The star have basically retracted their article from earlier. Same journalist now writing a piece stating he is not going to be manager. That was a terrifying 5 hours! 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/steve-mcclaren-not-a-contender-for-sheffield-wednesday-job-1-8931061/amp?__twitter_impression=true

edit- damn beaten to it. 

Edited by Miruic

Listening to Bullen new man has definitely not been decided at this point. The bookmakers I think in the past have been stung quite badly on manager specials and reduce odds immediately re any potential link. i suspect when price shortened a few backed McClaren and reason he is still favourite but from 1-16 he is now 1-2 . From other prices it seems no firm link although one or two candidates are much shorter with some firms bar others. it is basically 8-1 bar McClaren so definitely no one lined up yet.

Still surprised they talked to McClaren especially as not following it up.

You listen to the way Lee B spells it out in the after-match interview against Forest and you think - there's a bloke who talks straight - could inspire a dressing room, put the fear of God up 'em, or whatever's needed, to suit.  He doesn't go all round Cleethorpes to get to Attercliffe to make a point and he got the lads well up for it.   

For me, SMc is a highly qualified coach but he's like a staff officer in the army. Good at writing tactics, but overthinks things going into battle. When that happens It puts leg irons on your players in the way they play and think. They didn't wear any against Forest and went for the jugular and that was all down to LB.  If you're brave enough, fortune will favour you in the end. That'll do for me any day.  I doubt it will for DC though, but please to God don't let it be McClaren. A role like DoF, is ok, but nowhere near the front line.

He's good value putting on the anguish when his teams eventually fall apart.  He's even entertaining when he does that, but it gets to the players in the end.  All his past dramas with clubs have ended like that.  We could do without it. No theatre of any kind like that please, unless it's rock and roll football like they played last time out, under a coach who's brave; goes for it and instils passion for the shirt in his players.  Go on DC, give LB a bit longer!    

Re McClaren and #swfc: Told no offer/approach has been made. Although interest would be reciprocated were it to be. Also departure from Maccabi Tel Aviv not linked with any one job, just a wish to get bk into English Football.

Giddings tweet earlier, doesn’t suggest he turned us down 

26 minutes ago, Sheff6 said:

You listen to the way Lee B spells it out in the after-match interview against Forest and you think - there's a bloke who talks straight - could inspire a dressing room, put the fear of God up 'em, or whatever's needed, to suit.  He doesn't go all round Cleethorpes to get to Attercliffe to make a point and he got the lads well up for it.   

For me, SMc is a highly qualified coach but he's like a staff officer in the army. Good at writing tactics, but overthinks things going into battle. When that happens It puts leg irons on your players in the way they play and think. They didn't wear any against Forest and went for the jugular and that was all down to LB.  If you're brave enough, fortune will favour you in the end. That'll do for me any day.  I doubt it will for DC though, but please to God don't let it be McClaren. A role like DoF, is ok, but nowhere near the front line.

He's good value putting on the anguish when his teams eventually fall apart.  He's even entertaining when he does that, but it gets to the players in the end.  All his past dramas with clubs have ended like that.  We could do without it. No theatre of any kind like that please, unless it's rock and roll football like they played last time out, under a coach who's brave; goes for it and instils passion for the shirt in his players.  Go on DC, give LB a bit longer!    

Oreyt Lee!

Steve McClaren?? I won’t watch them with that tonsured cw in charge. Has everybody at Wednesday gone insane? He has not done anything of note since he sacked David Beckham as England Captain. I was delighted he went for a 2nd tour with the SS, cos there was only one outcome to that, and he proved his worthlessness right there.  I think DC is getting mugged by a bunch of p1sstakers, and he desperately needs to get into dialogue with MM &/or HW, and pay them for some sound advice, before he wastes any more brass.

Edited by tonyem
Explain