BREAKING NEWS - McCLAREN UNLIKELY TO BE NEW SWFC MANAGER

I will be mortified if we go for McLaren as manager, truly mortified.

It would beg the question, how often has employing a manager that lost it years and years ago ever worked at clubs like ours? All these hasbeens going to big clubs to 'awaken the giant' and they almost all fail. See Redknapp at Birmingham as a recent example ultimately replacing a promising young Rowett. McLaren has already done this at numerous clubs in similar situations to ours.

Chansiri, please, we need someone on the up not someone picking another massive pay check up. If making him DoF then I would just about accept it but as far as managerial mistakes go, appointing him as our next manager would seal our fate as far as blowing our chances for the foreseeable future are concerned.

5 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

It would beg the question, how often has employing a manager that lost it years and years ago ever worked at clubs like ours? All these hasbeens going to big clubs to 'awaken the giant' and they almost all fail. See Redknapp at Birmingham as a recent example ultimately replacing a promising young Rowett. McLaren has already done this at numerous clubs in similar situations to ours.

Chansiri, please, we need someone on the up not someone picking another massive pay check up. If making him DoF then I would just about accept it but as far as managerial mistakes go, appointing him as our next manager would seal our fate as far as blowing our chances for the foreseeable future are concerned.

Spot on mate, the man's a complete clown.

1 minute ago, OutspokenTom said:

Blimey, I’ve been saying the same about player recruitment for a year and a half Agree though, innovation and inspiration is what’s needed, and McLaren is as far away from that as you can get

4 minutes ago, Teflon Don said:

Just logged on and seen the million threads so thought he had signed a 6 year deal with all the meltdown. 

Just a rumour then. 

Yes but we have at least established our first choice manager tonight.

Step forward Worzel Gummidge. lol

• Haha 4

Let’s hope so. The Star article does a lot of 2+2=5 cos he’s left his gig in Israel. Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Wednesday fans (online and who I’ve spoken to) unanimous on anything before today when everyone said NOOOO to McLaren. If DC wants to sell some half season tickets he needs to pull something out

8 minutes ago, Teflon Don said:

Just logged on and seen the million threads so thought he had signed a 6 year deal with all the meltdown. 

Just a rumour then. 

The thought of him even expressing an interest in our club warrants a meltdown let alone potential manager.

In fairness to McClaren, he has immense pedigree as a coach. Fergie had him down as the best he worked with which is quite some praise. Maybe not the best as a manager however, since Roeder left our recruitment has been poor, DOF would make perfect sense.

Karanka for me.

Out of work.

Knows this division.

Knows us too, as he always seemed to beat us.

Got promoted with a non-parachute club.

Plays boring, defensive football - which is why Gibson at 'Boro has engaged a similar coach in Pulis.

We're after promotion, and unless DC is going to flout FFP, as Wolves have done, forget entertainment.

Points make prizes.