Anybody still feel sorry for Carlos?

5 hours ago, Bark1062 said:

He did quit on us... thank you lord.

My take on him going is this, Swansea come sniffing again Carlos had lost the plot here, fans turning against him, can’t get the best out of the playing staff. The opportunity at Swansea came just at the right time for him, the chairman and him agree the time is right, I’d be surprised if any compensation was paid, believe they will have agreed to part amicably.

The Chairman gets upset and has his rant at the supporters for losing his friend.

The last 12 month’s has been a sham under him, good riddance should have gone some time ago.

Whoa Whoa!!

You can't say that.

Please follow the official Owlstalk line. 

:biggrin:

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Basic empathy for a fellow human being?

There are countless examples of awful things happening to footballers which have elicited sympathy from me; the fact that many of them are well-paid for doing their job doesn't come into it.

Me too, but not dismissal.

There's a distinction.

As for fans spewing up "get the negative #&+* out!!!" for months on end and then putting out "he quit on us" . Pity is one of the words that comes to mind, yeah.  

Not sorry for Carlos, he takes care of himself 

2 r8 exciting seasons though, in hindsight after the Huddersfield game would  have been a better time to go.

Onwards upwards  

16 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't think anyone "felt sorry for him".

I think most right minded people realised it was reaching it's natural conclusion (as it inevitably does), appreciated what he achieved / tried to achieve and has now moved on.

Not sure why the animosity? 

He did his best for us, left his family behind for long periods and in the end it didn't quite pan out as he & we hoped. 

Can't we wish the guy luck and remember the good times and move on. 

Dont feel any animosity towards him

Dont blame Cc if as seems likely he (or his advisors) had some sort of contact with Swansea before Xmas eve.

I am annoyed though he was in charge of a side that wasnt fit enough to play professional football for last 6 months.

Incompetance would not be too strong a word for that.

Edited by matthefish2002

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Me too, but not dismissal.

There's a distinction.

Even then, it's not always a pleasant experience for them, no matter how much they've been paid to do their job.

I've witnessed the embarrassment and upheaval that a football manager's kids and family can experience when he's sacked and it's splashed across the local papers. Their school mates all knew their dad had been sacked and some started making unpleasant comments; they felt a huge sense of insecurity as they faced the prospect of being whisked off to the other end of the country as soon as dad was able to secure another job; and the majority of their social circle, as well as that of their parents, was about to disappear before their eyes as a result.

Yes, their dad was relatively well paid (he managed in the lower leagues, so was hardly a millionaire though) and yes, he chose to go into that line of work, but it was hard not to feel sorry for a man in that situation, to be honest.

Carlos has been on Swansea’s radar for the last 2 years. They may well have looked at Carlos being unsettled at Wednesday due to recent results, performances, the criticism he was getting from the fans, etc. and thought there was a good chance of getting him and they may have put the feelers out to test the water? Either way he’s now at Swansea and I think he’ll do well as I feel his general methods and practice are more suited to working in the Top Flight than the Championship.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Carlos has been on Swansea’s radar for the last 2 years. They may well have looked at Carlos being unsettled at Wednesday due to recent results, performances, the criticism he was getting from the fans, etc. and thought there was a good chance of getting him and they may have put the feelers out to test the water? Either way he’s now at Swansea and I think he’ll do well as I feel his general methods and practice are more suited to working in the Top Flight than the Championship.

This is the same club that thought Bob Bradley was worth a punt.  Lol.