Swansea fans think we have a tight budget

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

don't agree we have the highest wage bill in championship 25 million(figures released feb 28th 2018 to prove that)  ,highest paid players in league apart from wolves who have spent huge ,though there wage bill is still lower ,and ex prem clubs boro, sunderland,aston villa .we have the 4th or 5th highest wage bill in league ,derby had a bigger wage bill 2 years ago but had to do a lot of cost cutting to avoid ffp . and our wage bill is way way more than Bristol city and reading . 

Would love to see a source for this. There are a lot of rumours about wage bills, but I'm yet to see anything definitive. 

1 hour ago, kristmace said:

Would love to see a source for this. There are a lot of rumours about wage bills, but I'm yet to see anything definitive. 

look at the last accounts feb 28th 2017 next ones due end feb since last accounts we have had lots of  high earners join with little leaving the wage bill , abdi ,fletcher ,Rhodes all joining on 2 million each plus  annual salary,fessi had his wages doubled.as well as improved contracts for a number of players inc hunt,lees,lee,westwood .  I think a new manager would love to get those high earners off the wage bill but it wont happen,so he will need to be very clever in the market , maybe if carlos offers some decent money for bannan then we could bring in a couple of players ,the question  is what price would we accept?