Swansea fans think we have a tight budget

7 minutes ago, kristmace said:

The Swans fan is making a decent point, although I'd argue we have an above average Championship team. 

Compared with the divisions "big boys" we have had a fairly tight budget. We've splashed cash for the first time in 20 years, but we've still spent far less than Wolves, Boro, Villa, Fulham, Derby and Newcastle. We've spent about the same as Leeds and Norwich and only slightly more than Brighton, Bristol, Reading and QPR.

When you see that list, it shows we've done well (but not amazingly) to finish 6th and 4th. 

don't agree we have the highest wage bill in championship 25 million(figures released feb 28th 2018 to prove that)  ,highest paid players in league apart from wolves who have spent huge ,though there wage bill is still lower ,and ex prem clubs boro, sunderland,aston villa .we have the 4th or 5th highest wage bill in league ,derby had a bigger wage bill 2 years ago but had to do a lot of cost cutting to avoid ffp . and our wage bill is way way more than Bristol city and reading . 

The problems at Swansea go deeper than just the manager...have alot of Swans mates and the club seems to be in total decay now...being owned by 27 different people doesnt help for starters - just an American owned consortiums plaything really! Add to that the temp managers rant about the players being spoilt and not putting the effort in its looking bleak for them no matter who comes in!

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I still dont believe we paid anything like £4m

I don't think we did too, same goes for reported £10m fee for Rhodes and fees for other players like Reach and Joao.

Some fans have had us down as spending mega transfer fees when we haven't compared to some of other clubs, paid far more out than we have over previous 15 years mind you but nowt exceptional.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
40 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How many other clubs have spent £10m on a striker?

Whilst not quite having the budget of Villa and Wolves - we’ve certainly spent far more than Cardiff, Bristol City, Pigs, Leeds.

Don't think we have

7 minutes ago, the third man said:

We will never know because it was never going to happen

Well obviously not with us now.

this season has been a nightmare all round but he came close previously. I think he could be suited there ( if he had his team playing like his first season here & most of last year)

1 minute ago, richowl said:

Well obviously not with us now.

this season has been a nightmare all round but he came close previously. I think he could be suited there ( if he had his team playing like his first season here & most of last year)

it was never going to happen with us no matter how long he was with us.

he blew two good chances of promotion, one of them a very good chance

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I still dont believe we paid anything like £4m

FFS.

Can't you do anything  right.

You have to keep inflating and expanding how much Carlos spent, to put it on a level to Man City.

Then ignore other teams spent money.

Then you can use it to make the claims Carlos is the worst manager in our history.

If you don't do this you are a clapper.

Edited by Belfast Owl 2
  • Like 1