Marcelo Bielsa should be our man.

He’s currently managing at Lille but we would be able to match what he is being paid and then some. Credited as being the man who taught Guardiola his style of play and he openly states he learnt everything from Marcelo. It may be unrealistic but more realistic than Fonseca really, if Chansiri is as serious as he says he is about getting an attractive name then he should be trying to get him to come to Wednesday.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

He’s currently managing at Lille but we would be able to match what he is being paid and then some. Credited as being the man who taught Guardiola his style of play and he openly states he learnt everything from Marcelo. It may be unrealistic but more realistic than Fonseca really, if Chansiri is as serious as he says he is about getting an attractive name then he should be trying to get him to come to Wednesday.

Interesting shout

I know nothing about him personally but will have a nosey

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

That’s three of us onboard then. His Nibs will be along presently...

Recently sacked by Lille, he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Personally love the fella, has Guardiola, Pochettino, Sampaoli amongst his "disciples". The complete antithesis of CC really. His signature formation is 3-3-3-1 or 3-3-1-3, although there's been a recent morph to 4-2-3-1, likes playing a ball playing centre half with two ball winning centre halves (sometimes midfielders or full backs because they are more comfortable with the ball). Plays a central playmaker either as the '1' or central player of the bank of 3. High pressing game is paramount and expects his players to know about a dozen triggers to begin pressing. It's a sight to behold when it works and the players buy into it. I think the Chilean national team best showed how to do it.

Plenty to read about him. Not sure he'd be the right fit for this squad but it'd be one hell of a ride and I guarantee you wouldn't be bored!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Recently sacked by Lille, he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Personally love the fella, has Guardiola, Pochettino, Sampaoli amongst his "disciples". The complete antithesis of CC really. His signature formation is 3-3-3-1 or 3-3-1-3, although there's been a recent morph to 4-2-3-1, likes playing a ball playing centre half with two ball winning centre halves (sometimes midfielders or full backs because they are more comfortable with the ball). Plays a central playmaker either as the '1' or central player of the bank of 3. High pressing game is paramount and expects his players to know about a dozen triggers to begin pressing. It's a sight to behold when it works and the players buy into it. I think the Chilean national team best showed how to do it.

Plenty to read about him. Not sure he'd be the right fit for this squad but it'd be one hell of a ride and I guarantee you wouldn't be bored!

I remember watching them one night and was amazed at how they played. I made sure I saw their next game to see if it was a one off - it wasn't, they seemed to have more players than the opposition, they were buzzing around all over the place but in a structured way, so much pace and technique. 

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My guess is that Mr C will take a while to find a permanent replacement for Carlos. Possibly will wait until the end of the season.

Meantime, someone like Megson will get a temporary deal to the end of the season.

Would rather keep bully til the end of the season 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Weren’t this bloke linked before ?? Am sure I’ve heard his name mentioned 

I stick a tenner on him everytime wer're without a manager just to get his name on the list so that one of our chairman might one day say "Who's this fella whose name, keeps popping up"

It'll work eventually!

Good chance for me to get I  my photo book again too.

5a3e8a6225d78_2017-12-1323_16_19.thumb.jpg.03e4a62c2ac98bbb6b457666f982425a.jpgujutyjt.png.ccea2b58f318fa83646798cbc53915a8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1