Carlos linked with Swansea

Guest Copthorneowl

Some really good posts.

Cant understand why anyone would not want to wish good luck to Carlos and would rather diss him.

I think even his biggest fans felt it was time up including me but It beggars belief that he's given zero credit for years 1 and 2 after where we've been for bloody decades.

Why people don't just be feckin charitable and show a bit frankly makes them look small minded, particularly given the very positive statements he's made about every aspect of the club including fans, players and the heirachy since leaving.

Edited by Copthorneowl

11 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The level of debate from certain quarters reached primary school level in the past couple of months, didn't it?

Branding the manager of our club 'Coco', 'Clueless', or in some cases a 'cnut' really was pathetic, yet some seemed to revel in their name-calling.

Perhaps naively, I had expected better of Wednesday fans. 

It's not a Wednesday problem, the rise of of forums allows these parasites to voice their pathetic views of the world. They come out with the kind of bile that would get them arrested in public.

But overall, we're a hardy bunch, who take the rough with the smooth and come out of it laughing. Our patience has been tested, but in the main the reaction has been fair. Compare it to Elland Road's "best fans" in the land, we're saintly.

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Some really good posts.

Cant understand why anyone would not want to wish good luck to Carlos and would rather diss him.

I think even his biggest fans felt it was time up including me but It beggars belief that he's given zero credit for years 1 and 2 after where we've been for bloody decades.

Why people don't just be feckin charitable and show a bit frankly makes them look small minded, particularly given the very positive statements he's made about every aspect of the club including fans, players and the heirachy since leaving.

Can I ask the question as to how many former managers have we given thanks to. Did we have a whip round for Dave Jones - after all he actually achieved promotion !

Forgive me for not fawning over Carlos. I haven't for any other departing manager so why should I start now

9 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Some really good posts.

I totally agree with you,the bloke was one match away from being god like.

3 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

I totally agree with you,the bloke was one match away from being god like.

But he didn't succeed and we went backwards from that high point. Why celebrate failure

Edited by mkowl

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Why would he come in for Bannan and Hooper? Both have already had chances in the Premier League but failed and don't exactly rip the opposition to bits in the Championship do they?

Hooper is a very intelligent footballer. He might not rip it up due to others not being on his wavelength. I personally think he's good enough for a lower half prem team. It's just my opinion.

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Brian Laws went to Burnley in the top flight not long after we gave him the boot... Stranger things have happened.

I have long thought that Carlos' style of the last season or so would actually be fairly well suited to a side in the bottom half of the Premier League. Setting his team up to not lose and trying to knick games by the odd goal might just work. 

Whatever he does, good luck to him.

Even stranger than that was Irvine getting the West Brom job. If he can manage in the premier CC certainly can . Hope he gets it and if he does I would love to see him keep them up. Him leaving I think really is the best for all parties. Good look fella.

2 hours ago, Watson said:

I know getting to the playoffs twice in three seasons, down to good luck I'd say. 

That and having some good individuals in the team. If we had been fit and had good start we may well have been promoted so probably under achieved with team we had.

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Let’s be honest here the man just isn’t a very good manager.

Nice guy fair enough but that, his lack of tactical nous and inability to see the obvious cost him his job in the end.

He would be way out of his depth in the PL.

What coaching qualifications do you have then that enable you to judge a manager's tactical nous?